Crossmod, shmosmod... Lev1npcs!

Kulyok

Today, I saw three topics on three different forums, where the posters asked about existing mod cleric NPCs. Naturally, I pointed them to the modlist, to Tiax NPC, and so on.

And then I looked at jcompton's sensuous permission-free crossmod thread, and realized: this is it!

I don't know about the others(though I think I can make a pretty good guess about Keto, Kelsey, Indira and Solaufein at the very least), but I, for one, would be happy if you added Tiax and Xan to the list, if and when you have the time. Mind the sword.

Cheers!

I, for one, would be happy if you added Tiax and Xan to the list
Tiax and Xan are already moddable (they're vanilla NPCs by default), unless your mods use different resources for them? If so, I'm kind of wondering why do that instead of patching.

... which I'm using to ensure compatibility with BGT and other mods including NEJ, even though I'm not Ascension64's and Vlad's favourite person. I'd like this topic to be split after Miloch's first post, please, if it's possible.

I'd like this topic to be split after Miloch's first post, please, if it's possible.
Possible, but not really practical. Where would you put the two intervening posts, in a new topic by themselves? Not only is there not enough content to justify such a post, but anyone reading it would ask, "huh?" I suppose jastey and I could edit and delete or cross out our two comments, but that's just a bit... Orwellian, and unnecessary in any case.

Splitting a part of the topic into a separate discussion about patched resources and the use of prefixes is quite natural, I think. Anyway, I'd rather have a useful discussion about custom NPCs in Lev1NPCs content, which we were just having. Unless you have your own NPC mods to contribute? That'd be really great. :thumbsup:

Splitting a part of the topic into a separate discussion about patched resources and the use of prefixes is quite natural, I think.
The technical considerations are allied to the functional considerations.
Anyway, I'd rather have a useful discussion about custom NPCs in Lev1NPCs content, which we were just having. Unless you have your own NPC mods to contribute? That'd be really great. :thumbsup:
Oh. So this is just another "let's advertise my mods some other mod's forum" thread? No, I don't think I'd be getting involved in that even if I had NPCs I wanted to pimp, and if I did, I'd just smuggle the code into L1NPCs rather than go on about them.

On the other hand, if you do want to contribute something useful to such a discussion, I think it's perfectly reasonable to note at least the technical details (resource names, etc.) of the NPCs you'd like modded, rather than imply that Nythrun or the other L1NPC mod helpers (cmorgan, Azazello and me) comb through your mod for that info. Presumably, you know your NPCs (or modded Bioware NPCs) better than anyone, and can thus point out any special weapons, abilities, etc., that need to be taken into consideration. The tested code ready to be pasted into L1NPCs would be ideal, but that might be asking too much. But believe me, Nythrun has had enough on her plate with just getting all the unmodded NPCs working, so I'm sure she'd appreciate whatever time you can save her by noting the details.

Oh. So this is just another "let's advertise my mods some other mod's forum" thread?

No, it's "helping out BG2 players with new opportunities". I am sorry, but I am not interested in talking to you any further, as it seems to me that you are trying to be deliberately offensive. :thumbsup:

I'm good at what I do, and I'd rather leave it to the mod's author, Nythrun, to be good at what she does. If she needs my help, I'll gladly provide it.

Miloch: It would be helpful if someone of the Level1NPC team could specify the needed information for including mod NPCs, as I have no clue how it works.
The resource names (CREs and NPC-specific ITMs/SPLs) should suffice for starters anyway. Kulyok seems to have taken the hint in her other post, arrogant dismissals notwithstanding.
unless your mods use different resources for them? If so, I'm kind of wondering why do that instead of patching.
I don't understand this remark. For Ajantis BGII, I also use complete new cres with my own prefixes. How would I (or Kulyok) patch the (originally BioWare) NPC if he is not existent in BGII? Or did I get it wrong and we are talking about BG1 Xan? :thumbsup:

arrogant dismissals notwithstanding.
Maybe it's a ESL / native speaker thing, but I do not sense arrogance in Kulyok's posts in these threads, so I am surprised by the attitude you are showing (if that is the right word).

EDIT: Forget to say thank you for your reply.

How would I (or Kulyok) patch the (originally BioWare) NPC if he is not existent in BGII?
You wouldn't, except maybe for BGT. But providing the platform and resource names for your NPC should clarify that. Some modders seem to assume everyone is infinitely familiar with all their mods (not you, jastey).
Maybe it's a ESL / native speaker thing, but I do not sense arrogance in Kulyok's posts in these threads
Going on about how good you are is considered arrogant. A modest person (the reverse of arrogant) doesn't state such things explicitly, but rather lets one's good work speak for itself (as, for example, yours does, jastey).

The suggestion that I am being "deliberately offensive" when trying to help, that the mod has only one author/maintainer even when Nythrun's own readme states several (though she is far and above the chief author), and the "not interested in talking to you any further" is more of the same, coupled with dismissal.

But enough of all that. If I seem abrupt in my own replies, it's not targeted toward you, jastey. I'd just rather not get involved in this sort of discussion, as amusing as it may be. Seems so common on the IE forums. Thought this was something folks did for fun... how misled I must have been.

Archived