Crossmod, shmosmod... Lev1npcs!

Kulyok

Going on about how good you are is considered arrogant
Definitely, and I agree. I also agree that Kulyok seldom lets a moment pass where she can adverteise her own mods, or the quality of them. Still, I reread this thread two times and I don't spot any of that here.

The "deliberately offensive" was only mentioned after your accusation. Although there are times I do not agree or even feel angered by Kulyok's statements, this time I see her point.

EDIT: To phrase it directly: In my opinion, your "Oh. So this is just another "let's advertise my mods some other mod's forum" thread?" came uncalled for. (I also didn't understand why the thread should be splitted, but that's another question.)

I'd just rather not get involved in this sort of discussion
Then we should stop, as this is somehow turning into something like that. I really do not mean to offend you in any way, I am only phrasing what I feel.

Thank you for your kind words regarding my work, btw.

Sigh. I was going to take your advice and stop this discussion, but I saw your edit and feel forced to clarify further.

EDIT: To phrase it directly: In my opinion, your "Oh. So this is just another "let's advertise my mods some other mod's forum" thread?" came uncalled for.
The reason I made my remark is because I saw this one as uncalled for:
Anyway, I'd rather have a useful discussion about custom NPCs in Lev1NPCs content, which we were just having. Unless you have your own NPC mods to contribute? That'd be really great. :thumbsup:
She could've limited it to her remarks about post-splitting or rephrased the above to avoid the implications that:

1) Kulyok has NPC mods. Yes, we know already. This, along with the "I'm good at what I do" comment both fit the dictionary definition of arrogance: "disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner." Not just that, but the latter comment was unnecessary: no one was questioning her skill, so she doesn't need to point it out (I swear I just saw someone else mention the same thing to her in another thread).

2) "Unless you have your own NPC mods to contribute," stay out of this thread. Not just arrogantly dismissive, but counterproductive to her own goals. She is creating an adversary where she could've had a supporter. As I said, I am not in this thread to "pimp" (sell) my (non-existent) NPCs, but rather to help facilitate such requests into L1NPCs in the absence of its main author or the other maintainers. Frankly, I don't know why I bother. I had a genuine question about resources, acknowledged the misunderstanding about platforms when you (jastey) answered it, and would've been content to leave it at that.

[P.S.: Kulyok often uses a ;) when she's really saying :D, so maybe it'll make more sense if you substitute that in the quote accordingly.]

[P.S.: Kulyok often uses a :thumbsup: when she's really saying ;), so maybe it'll make more sense if you substitute that in the quote accordingly.]
OK, if you see it like that I understand your reaction. I wasn't reading this into that sentence, though. Leave me my last bit of naïvety, so to say..

(EDIT: I would be glad I would hit the right letters on the first try. ..EDIT2: And having a typo in that sentence is really mean.)

Returning to the original topic, has Nythrun indicated that she would be willing to include mod NPCs in Level One NPCs in the first place?

If she has indicated that she's willing to include mod NPCs, then yeah, CRE file names, items, etc. would be all that would be required.

If she has indicated that she's unwilling to include mod NPCs, then that's that.

If she has not made a statement either way, there's little point going further with the discussion until she does. Kulyok has indicated that there is modder interest in the prospect. Now "the ball is in her court" and it's up to her to say yea or nay.

It might be worthwhile to note that there are decisions to be made with regards to certain aspects of the process that Nythrun might be unwilling to make on behalf of mod NPCs. Since the original focus of this discussion was giving the game another cleric, Xan's moonblade might prove problematical, as clerics don't get dagger or longsword proficiencies without something like Ghrefain's Ashes of Embers. Substituting a moonmace just doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Additionally, the moonblade is probably flagged as unusable by clerics (or druids, rangers, assassins, etc, should the player decide one of those classes might be more appropos). Removing those restrictions from the item would render it usable by most PCs.

Yes, I recall Nythrun did go as far as to say she'd like to include them, and yes, there is (commented) code for Kelsey, Valen, and several in the .tp2 itself.

Naturally, I don't mind Xan's blade changing the way it does for vanilla Xan in BG1; I attached all .itm information in this topic and I invite everyone to do the same, be it BG2 or BG1(Tutu/BGT, that is).

(And, not that I mind reading revelations about myself, but I would still like to see the topic split, just so that it doesn't scare people off).

Returning to the original topic, has Nythrun indicated that she would be willing to include mod NPCs in Level One NPCs in the first place?
She acknowledges "it's possible some will show up later" in the FAQ. Which means probably not for the much-anticipated v1.

And yeah, Nythrun's already addressed the specific questions with Xan's moonblade, since all the vanilla Tutu NPCs are moddable as I mentioned originally. See "Alpha Three" in the readme version history for her remarks on that subject.

A couple of months ago I made a start on this, contacting some mod authors to get their permission for Nythrun to include their NPCs.

I spoke to jastey (who's already posted in this thread, I know), who said that she's happy for her BG2 Adjantis to be included, although she wants to wait until the Adjantis mod is at a stable version before asking Nythrun to include it.

I also got a positive response regarding the Angelo mod. I then spoke to Meira about Amber, but she said that Amber is an illegal dual-class, so is not really suitable for modification by L1NPCs.

Shortly afterwards I got distracted by something shiny, and haven't looked at much Baldur's Gate stuff since then.

Nythrun, if you haven't already done so, could you maybe have a look at my last post in the 'Various stuff for Nythrun' thread e.g. I have a request regarding Sarevok starting with Chain Mail +2. But I'm sure you didn't spend all this time away in anticipation of my requests, and I'm sure you've plenty to do, so please just ignore me until a more appropriate time.

I'd attended to all of those an embarassingly long time ago - I just need to check that they do in fact work before uploading anything. Debugging always takes longest ;)

Thanks for asking about inclusion. Amber has an invisible kit enforcing her item choosiness - while I can patch her kit, it's not likely to make a whole lot of sense when it's applied to a different class.

Ashes of Embers style meddling when weapon proficiencies has been in for ages :suspect: It isn't necessary to make a single signature weapon usable by someone.

Including another NPC takes about two minutes, literally - it's no burden :blush:

Archived