Romance Timers seem to not install properly

Guest Kimuji

Ah, you are talking about cheats in general. Yes, they spoil the fun definitely. But if taken for debugging a mod (which, we all share the opinion, shouldn't be necessary, but life is life), I think berelinde's list is a good hint for the more unexperienced what they can try until having to tell the modder.

Yes, relying on cheats to get through the game ruins the point of playing. I'm not advocating widespread use.

The fact of the matter, though, is that many, if not most, players want to try *something* before running to the forums to poke the modder, and this list provides a list of basic things that can be tried before firing up SK.

And there is the fact that no matter what you tell them, some players are determined to cheat. I'd rather have a player AddGold() to buy a mod-essential item than just console it in, because maybe the problem isn't that the player just doesn't have enough gold. Maybe the problem is that some conditions just aren't met. Likewise, I'd rather have a player use AdvanceRealTime() to accelerate the talks rather than trying to set up the conditions for the talks using SK.

Guest Kimuji

I agree if you are talking about cheating during your first games, but when you've finished BG so much times that you stopped to count you may want to go faster and go directly to the mod's new content so you are tempted to use cheats. If you want to try every mod and playing the game fully (doing every quests and subquests) you could have for an entire lifetime ^^. So sometimes some people try to use shortcuts.

Archived