DV: C-ARAN

CRE: C-ARAN7

BCS: C-ARAN

.DLG:

C-ARAN /* pre-joining SoA */

C-ARANJ /* joined SoA */

C-ARANB /* banter SoA */

C-ARANP /* post-joined SoA */

no custom items, just generic ones (chainmail and a +1 longsword)

(ToB)

CRE: C-ARAN13

BCS: C-ARAN25

.DLG:

C-ARN25A /* pre-joined ToB, just summoned */

C-ARN25J /* joined ToB */

C-ARN25B /* banter ToB */

C-ARN25P /* post-joined ToB */

no custom items, just generic ones (chainmail and a +1 longsword)

Hey, cmorgan, I think you're the active maintainer, so it's up to you to update. I can do it next week if you don't have time, but it will require some serious testing because of the mod NPCs' custom items. Let me know what you want to do.

L1NPC for BG2 Gavin and Haldamir is given here. No custom items to worry about.

By the way, who's supporting Level1NPC now? Maybe someone could just add the code to the .tp2? You've got permissions, and you've got the code and filenames in this very thread, after all.
The primary moder I believe is still Azazello, but eric is really the one to ask the changes in the .tp2 file, as he supports the level1npcs.tp2 v1.3eib2 files... just make darn sure that the code for the new version doesn't have any bugs and includes everything needed, so he doesn't have to sort it out.
The primary moder I believe is still Azazello
Eh... what? He never modded anything, as I'm sure he'd be quick to tell you if he were around (and not just perma-ghost-logged into SHS for the past several months). I think he was just the one to suggest "hey wouldn't it be cool if someone updated Blucher's Level 1 NPCs mod?" And the person who did that of course was Nythrun. But yeah, erik has been doing recent updates. I added most of the existing NPCs in this thread locally but may have done so with an earlier edit of erik's so I'll have to dig it up on whichever backup device it's on and diff it.

Well, if somebody's going to do it for mods, I'd like to add my guys:

////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\
//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\//////\\\\\\
//																	\\
//   Gavin   Gavin   Gavin   Gavin   Gavin   Gavin   Gavin   Gavin	\\
//																	\\

/* BG1 */
BEGIN ~Gavin for Tutu/BGT~ 
DESIGNATED 2010
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~level1npcs.tp2~ "0"  @110600
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_CONTAINS ~override/pdialog.2da~ ~b!gavinj~) ~Gavin for Tutu/BGT must be installed~ 

LAUNCH_ACTION_MACRO ~fj_install_component_variables~
COPY_EXISTING ~b!gavin.cre~  ~override~
 PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3) THEN BEGIN
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~fj_modify_cre~
 END
BUT_ONLY

/* BG2 */ 
BEGIN ~Gavin for BG2~
DESIGNATED 2020 
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_CONTAINS ~override/pdialog.2da~ ~b!gavj~) ~Gavin for BG2 must be installed~ 

COPY_EXISTING ~b!gav08.cre~  ~override~
		  ~b!gav13.cre~  ~override~
 END
BUT_ONLY

//																	\\
//	 Haldamir  Haldamir  Haldamir  Haldamir  Haldamir  Haldamir	 \\
//																	\\

BEGIN ~Haldamir~ 
DESIGNATED 3000
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (FILE_CONTAINS ~override/pdialog.2da~ ~b!halj~) ~Haldamir must be installed~ 

COPY_EXISTING ~b!hal.cre~  ~override~
 END
BUT_ONLY

Well, if somebody's going to do it for mods, I'd like to add my guys:

I'd really recommend against having two separate components for Gavin. The only additional feature it provides is the ability to give Gavin a different class/kit in BG2 from what he had when you travelled with him in BG1, breaking continuity. The L1NPC components dealing with vanilla NPCs don't allow this. The downside to having this feature is that everyone who wants matching Gavins will have to go through the entire L1NPC install process for him twice and make sure to choose the same settings.

Several of my regular players install L1NPC on installations that are not BGT. Including one file check is impossible. Also, some players may prefer to use an unkitted version to preserve the feel of BG1 where various cleric kits were unavailable, but would prefer to use a kitted version in BG2, where kits were available. If the maintainer chooses to lump them together, there's nothing I can do to prevent it, but I would not like to deprive the Tutu==>BG2 player the option of preserving as much flexibility as possible.

Several of my regular players install L1NPC on installations that are not BGT. Including one file check is impossible.

Are you referring to the pdialog.2da check? Take a look at the modified Gavin L1NPC code I PMed you a while back - it is certainly possible to condense these into one component.

I'm not the maintainer of this mod, but my opinion is that all NPCs should be treated equally unless there's a valid RP reason (e.g. Khalid comes back to life in BG2, with his consciousness transferred into the body of a gnome). If support was to be added for allowing different choices for a character's BG1 and BG2 incarnations in a BGT game, I'd prefer that it be optional, so BG1 and BG2 incarnations would be modified simultaneously unless the user said otherwise. This could be done using additional components and GROUPs or by altering the existing components.

my opinion is that all NPCs should be treated equally unless there's a valid RP reason (e.g. Khalid comes back to life in BG2, with his consciousness transferred into the body of a gnome). If support was to be added for allowing different choices for a character's BG1 and BG2 incarnations in a BGT game, I'd prefer that it be optional, so BG1 and BG2 incarnations would be modified simultaneously unless the user said otherwise. This could be done using additional components and GROUPs or by altering the existing components.
Now this might be one of those rare occasions when I'd be inclined to agree with you. The reason being the existing mod is this way from all I can tell: there are single components for "Jaheira" and "Viconia" despite being present in both BG1 and BG2. But in the case of mod-added NPCs, I guess it should be up to the modder who wants them available in L1NPCs, particularly if they're providing code (which, incidentally, I think berelinde provided for Gavin and perhaps even Haldamir some time ago, but I'd have to double-check in my copy). I do think if the modder wants separate components for BG1/BG2 versions of the NPC (this being kind of a unique case) it would expedite matters to have an option such as:
Install component: Gavin (BG2)

1) Assign proficiencies?

2) Copy from BG1 Gavin? (this is autoskipped if BG1 Gavin isn't present or hasn't been assigned L1NPCs proficiencies)

But frankly I wouldn't plan on coding that myself (if for no reason than it would complicate matters unnecessarily) but if one of you wants to do it and test it, be my guest.

[Edit due to berelinde's ninja-anony-stealth-edit: don't think there is a "current maintainer" in the absence of Nythrun nor would there be even if she reappeared, since last I talked to her, she didn't have a copy of her work saved locally, so it's up to y'all to figure out what you want. I'm willing to fix-up-quick what I've done and upload it (as long as it doesn't involve a lot of mind-bending coding) but would not dare to assume any sort of "maintainer" role... probably a reason most semi-sane folks are shying away from that too with 13k+ lines of code to deal with :undecided:.]

Edited by Miloch

Different possibilities are possible with mod-added NPCs, though. I would prefer to leave this in the realm of player choice. I do understand that the current maintainer may have other ideas and must code it up according to his or her own priorities.

I do think if the modder wants separate components for BG1/BG2 versions of the NPC (this being kind of a unique case) it would expedite matters to have an option such as:
Install component: Gavin (BG2)

1) Assign proficiencies?

2) Copy from BG1 Gavin? (this is autoskipped if BG1 Gavin isn't present or hasn't been assigned L1NPCs proficiencies)

But frankly I wouldn't plan on coding that myself (if for no reason than it would complicate matters unnecessarily) but if one of you wants to do it and test it, be my guest.

You could do this if they were in one component:

1. Ask for customisation options (launch ~fj_install_component_variables~)
  2. Modify BG1 creatures if they exist
  3. If BGT, ask about modifying BG2 version differently
    • If yes, ask for customisation options again

[*]Modify BG2 creatures

I think that would work, but I haven't tested it.

Edited by Mike1072
DESIGNATED 2010...

DESIGNATED 2020 ...

DESIGNATED 3000 ...

That's nice and all, but maybe you should not use whole indexes for only one NPC, but something like 2001, 2002 etc. so we have space for other mod NPCs, while the 2xxx starting once are for the true BG2/Tutu/BGT NPCs, the 3yxx's can be used for the different Total conversion mod sets, where the y is the set's indicator... etc. so we don't run out of numbers... as there's no two times infinite amount of them, just once.

I am cool with however the person performing the updates decides to do it. Personally, I would have preferred to give players the option of choosing whether to give continuing NPCs different classes/profs even for BioWare NPCs, but I acknowledge that my preference is based on the fact that I do see BG1 and BG2 as two separate games, I play them as two separate games using Tutu and BG2, and I appreciate efforts to preserve the feel of BG1.

Ultimately, it will be up to the current maintainer to decide how to implement it. However they decide is fine with me. :undecided:

@Miloch: I can't stealth-edit my posts. There isn't even a "grace period" in the forum software that allows me to go back and fix typos without the "edited by" showing up.

I am cool with however the person performing the updates decides to do it. Personally, I would have preferred to give players the option of choosing whether to give continuing NPCs different classes/profs even for BioWare NPCs, but I acknowledge that my preference is based on the fact that I do see BG1 and BG2 as two separate games, I play them as two separate games using Tutu and BG2, and I appreciate efforts to preserve the feel of BG1.
But if you wish to play them as a separate games, shouldn't you be playing them as such, with the EasyTutu as it makes two completely different games in two different directories etc.

The BGT is another thing, and people usually play that to keep their characters as they are ! As that's a feature, that the whole thing is basically based on.

I can't stealth-edit my posts. There isn't even a "grace period" in the forum software that allows me to go back and fix typos without the "edited by" showing up.
So what, I have edited more posts than I have written, all mine (because I do it multiple times..).

For effect. :undecided:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
I acknowledge that my preference is based on the fact that I do see BG1 and BG2 as two separate games, I play them as two separate games using Tutu and BG2
In a rare fit of chaotic imp logic, Jarno makes the completely valid point that in your scenario, you would be installing the mod on two separate platforms and could customise your NPCs separately as you please...