New 'G3 Member Map' Feature

CamDawg

I think I am alone in York. :groucho:

I'm in Lancashire, so just next to York. ???

I'm assuming you go to York Uni? If you don't mind me asking what's it like? Good accomodation, night life, standard of teaching etc? It's just that I'm supposed to be finding out about unis at the moment and it's just so much easier to ask people who already study there than do any proper research! :(

Lincoln university is one which has excellent night life. In fact, come early evening the entire centre of the city is pretty much dominated by students :groucho:. There are lots (well over a dozen) of pubs and bars in town, several "normal" nightclubs (i.e. pop/garage/dance), an indie club, a rock/metal club, etc. There are numerous fastfood places too (including a place which does delicious 12" pizzas for £5.99), most of which stay open until 3am or so.

There are two bars (one of which is often open 'til 2am and has its own fastfood counter), a pub, a shop, a restaraunt, two cafes, a laundrette and a gym on-campus as well, and the city centre and various supermarkets are only 5-10 minutes walk away.

The place has reasonably nice accomodation too: most rooms have ensuite bathrooms, though there are a few (but not many) appartments with communal bathrooms. There are TV & radio aerial sockets in every room, and most blocks have their TV antennas pointed in the right direction to pick-up digital terrestial channels if you have the right equipment.

Most appartments have 6 bedrooms and a kitchen/lounge area; there are some with as many as 12 bedrooms, but these have a supersized kitchen/lounge area. Only two things to worry about: the apartments are right next to a body of water called "Brayford Pool", and it's come pretty close to flooding during periods of heavy rainfall. Try not to get a room on the ground floor if you can help it ???. Also, on the opposite side from the pool is the railway, but I found people coming back from town at 4am were more of a nuisance than the trains :(.

I think I am alone in York. ???

I'm in Lancashire, so just next to York. :(

I'm assuming you go to York Uni? If you don't mind me asking what's it like? Good accomodation, night life, standard of teaching etc? It's just that I'm supposed to be finding out about unis at the moment and it's just so much easier to ask people who already study there than do any proper research! :D

Check your PMs. :groucho:

Good accomodation, night life, standard of teaching etc?

Is that in order of priority? :(

Pfeh, of course not. Everyone knows night life comes before accomodation. :groucho:

My place or your place? ??? So you are definitely right.

Is that a staff member in Calgary I see? I had no idea.

I think it was determined that Calgary is the IE Modding capital of the world. Domi, you, myself, and I think one more, but I forget who.

I also just tried editing my profile to see if this map would be updated, but so far it doesn't seem to have worked.

If it's the IE modding capital of the world,do you think we could start an IE modding festivel to rival the Stampede?

ConVersion needs a modding section!

talking of universities, there's a good one at tampere - i was supposed to go there last august for a conference, but other things got in the way and i wasnt able to :groucho:

and if yr picking universities, can i *plead* that you pick on the basis of their research rating, or at least their teaching rating: *every* university that has a good teaching and/or research rep is going to have a good student scene...

Guest Guest

Sorry for cutting in.

Just thought I'd let you know there is a new version of membermap that fixes the bugs.

Visit www.theperfectpage.org for version 1.5

-Jeff

Archived