New 'G3 Member Map' Feature

CamDawg

Have you tried Risk 2099? Now there's a game. I prefer Supremacy but it's hard to find players for that one.

If it gets more complicated than rolling some die and making (and breaking) treaties with/stabbing the backs of your closest friends and family, then I will stay with classic Risk. :groucho:

Icelus and Julwise's pins are so cute! Aww!

A funny sidenote: Moongoose has a double entry. ??? When I hold my mouse pointer over Macedonia, Europe (just north of Greece), I can see Moongoose's pin text at the bottom. Is this just because it is roughly the same spot in the Canada map?

Are ther more hidden members? :groucho: A sekrit society.

The map is a bit screwy in that every member is actually on every map--if you mouse around slowly, you'll find links and tooltips for everyone on every map. Only the folks who are actually on a map have visible pins. It's a screwy setup, but not really a lot I can do to it.

Live here once, and you can never leave.  You will always be trying to get back.

And that's the truth.

Sillara

Yes. I've been in and out of Asia since 1992. I get nostalgic about the old Shibuya Tower Records English Language Bookstore and basement cafe, now gone. I miss the cheerful train music. I miss Hachiko dog.

It's a strange world.

A funny sidenote: Moongoose has a double entry. :groucho: When I hold my mouse pointer over Macedonia, Europe (just north of Greece), I can see Moongoose's pin text at the bottom. Is this just because it is roughly the same spot in the Canada map?

Are ther more hidden members?  ???  A sekrit society.

That's where my hidden underground lair is.

Hey, the Old World rules! :groucho: I'd have thought most people here were from the States...and it seems the Finns are really BG crazy!

Hmm, this is not the first time I've seen a disproportionate number of my countrymen (and women) in an Internet community. I don't really know that much about the RPG sites, but it's true with several wargaming communities. Interesting. ???

I have decided to name my pin Pookey. Pookey's going to the Austin City Limits festival. If I er, get a job, I may go too. :groucho:

Maybe Americans have a shorter attention span (I know I usually do!) and since BG is an old game... ??? That could possibly be the cause of it not having as many members?

If it gets more complicated than rolling some die and making (and breaking) treaties with/stabbing the backs of your closest friends and family, then I will stay with classic Risk. 

It's just a bit more complicated but that's just because it gives you more creative ways to do the breaking and stabbing. devil.gif

Maybe Americans have a shorter attention span (I know I usually do!) and since BG is an old game...  That could possibly be the cause of it not having as many members?

Perhaps the rest of us are just shy? Or have been temporarily transplanted as is my case. Though I will admit BG is probably the oldest game I have that I play on a regular basis. It's a true testament to its quality that so many are still playing it and that its modding community is still going strong.

Lennon: heh, where abouts are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I'm from Church Crookham, which if you haven't heard of it is virtually a part of Fleet and right next to Farnborough, Aldershot and Farnham.

Hmm, I just noticed that Idobek's pin is extremely close to mine too. I wonder if he lives in Hampshire as well? If so, I declare it joint modding capital of the world, since there's a member over on FW who lives here too, which would make a total of four :groucho:.

Archived