Upgrading from v4 to v5

Guest Splunge

Guest The Potty 1

OK so if I install v5 over v4, will it detect my already-installed components and offer the re-install option? That would be cool.

Is there any reason why it's better to uninstall v4, or do they work out the same? Sorry to harp on, but this changes upgrading from a bit of a chore to a really simple thing.

OK so if I install v5 over v4, will it detect my already-installed components and offer the re-install option? That would be cool.

Is there any reason why it's better to uninstall v4, or do they work out the same? Sorry to harp on, but this changes upgrading from a bit of a chore to a really simple thing.

They basically work out the same - if you just dump v5 over the top of v4 and then reinstall, things should work out fine. It's marginally safer in general to uninstall and install again when upgrading a mod, but in the case of SCS II I can't actually think of any problems it'll cause. At your own risk though!

Guest Guest

OK I renamed my scs2 folder to scs2v4, and ran the v5 install. I re-installed everything that was already installed, and skipped everything that wasn't. Half way through I realised that I was missing some new content by doing this, and started looking at the components that weren't installed before.

Weidu really is fabulous. It rolled back all of my tweackpack changes, re-installed everything from scs2, and re-applied all of my tweakpack changes. Nice.

Will I be able to do this again for v6?

OK I renamed my scs2 folder to scs2v4, and ran the v5 install. I re-installed everything that was already installed, and skipped everything that wasn't. Half way through I realised that I was missing some new content by doing this, and started looking at the components that weren't installed before.

Weidu really is fabulous. It rolled back all of my tweackpack changes, re-installed everything from scs2, and re-applied all of my tweakpack changes. Nice.

Will I be able to do this again for v6?

Yes.

Archived