NPC leaves on PID

Guest Brynn

Guest Brynn

Hey all,

I know I have seen the answer for this problem on some FAQ page but I can't find it again for the life of me :blush:

The problem is that Ajantis (and only him, nobody else) immediately leaves the party when I try to talk to him, saying that associating himself with filth like us was a mistake. He is obviously out of his mind because the party's reputation is 17, and the PC is a lawful good paladin. So it's clearly a technical problem, I just don't know how to solve it.

Please keep in mind that I'm a total noob with mods and cheats and stuff, so I have no idea what "CLUA" means or how to bring up the console in-game :suspect:

Any help would be appreciated!

Guest Brynn

Oh, sorry, I forgot, I've got BG1, BG2, ToB, EasyTutu, BG1 NPC Project and Gavin installed.

In case the problem can't be fixed, will the romance still develop if I don't initiate a dialogue with him, just reply nicely when he takes initiative?

He is obviously out of his mind because the party's reputation is 17, and the PC is a lawful good paladin.
Yes, these are definitely reasons for him to leave in anger. Er...

What exactly does he say?

EDIT: This isn't BG1NPC, but Tutu. All I found is this (sorry for the German version). Question: Does he turn hostile?

IF WEIGHT #99 /* Triggers after states #: (...) even though they appear after this state */

~Global("AjantisLeave","GLOBAL",0)

HappinessLT(Myself,0)

~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:

SAY #96221 /* ~Es war unter meiner Würde, mich Euch anzuschließen. Jetzt muß ich Eurem üblen Treiben ein Ende setzen!~ */

IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("AjantisLeave","GLOBAL",1)

LeaveParty()

Enemy()

~ EXIT

END

I have no idea how "HappinessLT(Myself,0)" would come true in your case, though.

Guest Guest

Um.. there must be a comma missing between "mind" and "because"... :blush:

What exactly does he say?

"Associating myself with you was below my honour" or something like that...

Question: Does he turn hostile?

Yup, he leaves and attacks. ;)

I have no idea how "HappinessLT(Myself,0)" would come true in your case, though.

Me neither ;) I do everthing to keep him happy... :suspect:

I fear I can't help you there :suspect:

Maybe someone knows how to cheat the happiness counter of an NPC?

Maybe it works if you'd kill him, and respawn him again?

Don't forget to set "AjantisLeave" to 0 before taking him into the party, though.

From BG1NPC, this would be no problem. But it might be a good thing to wait for comments of people who know what "happiness" counter actually does. I always thought it's combined with reputation.

Guest Guest
Maybe someone knows how to cheat the happiness counter of an NPC?

I'm pretty sure it's not a happiness problem, since we are Heroic (18) now, and if I don't try talk to him everything's fine. He remains in the party and expresses his approval of our good deeds occasionally.

Maybe it works if you'd kill him, and respawn him again?

Don't forget to set "AjantisLeave" to 0 before taking him into the party, though.

I'd like to try this, but I don't know how, could you please tell me what to do, step by step? Please keep in mind that I'm a total noob with mods and cheats and stuff, so I have no idea what "CLUA" means or how to bring up the console in-game :suspect:

Hey there, folks...

I am not sure what is going on in your game, guest, but we can check some stuff out.

Jatey, you are right - the Happiness(0) stuff is actual vanilla Tutu game behavior, which we retain for Ajantis... for most of the project (see the posts on the "Imoen Bug" et al.) we move it it -290 or whatever BG2 unhappiness triggers leave it as, which effectively means that NPCs stay for a long time after they are very unhappy (and only leave forever from the P-file parting dialogue) or suggest the "Happy Patch" or some other way of retaining NPCs. None of these things is good for Ajantis, because as a Paladin, he should be out of there at low reps, just as you script in the rest of the project.

The happiness check is triggered when you raise or drop reputation by any amount. At that point, the .2da's are referenced, and the values reset; if you try to deal with one of the unhappy NPCs at that point, they take off. This was the biggest v11 bug with Jaheira's Quest - you do what she wants, then suddenly she takes off for the wild blue yonder because she checks rep and finds you are "too good"...

There is a reoccuring discussion as to whether Tutu and BGT "Happiness(0)" checks are a problem with BG code in the BG2 engine, or appropriate behavior.

So, something has gone wrong in your game, guest. Because with those rep and alignment valuse, this should not be triggering at all.

Step one, leave your saved game in place for a bit, and please try starting a new game and immediately heading north and picking up Ajantis. If he still takes off, then something very odd indeed is going on, and we can go to the next step.

Guest Brynn
Step one, leave your saved game in place for a bit, and please try starting a new game and immediately heading north and picking up Ajantis. If he still takes off, then something very odd indeed is going on, and we can go to the next step.

I have tried this, and the result is the same. :blush: At the moment I'm reinstalling the whole thing :suspect:

Guest Brynn

...aaaaand exactly the same happens after a complete reinstall! :blush:

I tried again from a saved game and a completely new game too, and he does the same, turns hostile and disappears. :suspect:

Guest Guest
This is really weird. What happens if you deinstall BG1NPC and start a new game?

Mm, I didn't try that, just re-installed everything completely, including BG1NPC.

Did you delete the override folder before reinstalling?

Yup, I completely removed the game, too, not just the mod. So it's basically a fresh install.

And now just as we entered the Undercellar in the sewers, he left by himself. :suspect: It definitely looks as if he was unhappy, but the weird thing is that otherwise he's quite normal, telling stories about his family and the Order, and occasionally praising our progress. wn

I'm completely clueless. :blush:

Guest Brynn

This is really weird. What happens if you deinstall BG1NPC and start a new game?

Now I tried it, and I made the party re-enter the Undercellar, and he didn't leave. But I obviously can't talk to him without the mod. Perhaps BG1NPC makes him unhappy? That is odd, because the friendly talks pop up regularly. He wouldn't be so eager to talk if he was upset, would he? :suspect:

He wouldn't be so eager to talk if he was upset, would he?
I used rep checks for the dialogues, so it is possible that is happiness is at zero without influencing the romance. Apart from leaving, of course.

Honestly, I am clueless. The mod was tested on several different games, but this never happened.

Could you post your WeiDU.log (in the main folder, open with a text editor)?

Guest Tiggs
He wouldn't be so eager to talk if he was upset, would he?
I used rep checks for the dialogues, so it is possible that is happiness is at zero without influencing the romance. Apart from leaving, of course.

Honestly, I am clueless. The mod was tested on several different games, but this never happened.

Could you post your WeiDU.log (in the main folder, open with a text editor)?

I have the same problem, with the latest version of EasyTuTu, NPC Project and a few other mods. My WeiDU.log reads as follows:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Assign a kit to Kivan? -> Kivan: Archer

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way.: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable until In Party: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v15

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v15

~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack

~SETUP-TUTUGUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldurs Gate I GUI for Tutu

~JASTEYSBG1QUESTS/SETUP-JASTEYSBG1QUESTS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod by jastey (v. Beta 1.1)

~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BG1TUTU edition v1.10 -> Lite edition

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #0 // 1PP: Everything but Potions

I have this same problem.

Well, had. I've not got Tutu installed right now - but when I did (just to check it out, I don't have time to play it properly, right now), I had this problem.

I picked him up as soon as I could, with a Lawful Good Fighter with a rep of 13... tried to talk to him... and he went scitz. It was pretty odd, considering everything else I tested seemed to work beautifully.

Archived