NPC leaves on PID

Guest Brynn

Roger, Willco.

(translation - "I understand and will comply".) My assumption is that CamDawg wants to wait on actions with mod updates until April 1st is over. I will bug him when I have another of the miscellaneous mods updated, probably before this weekend.

I wanted to pick up Ajantis before entering Baldur's Gate I got the same behavior. As sonn as he joined he turns on me. I thought maybe it had to with doing the Xzar quest early in the game. I dled Near infinty and what I see is that he listed as an enemy. Is there any way to get him to stick with the group without breaking the game?

Guest Justin

I'm having trouble fixing this issue myself. I choose to edit the file manually with a text editor, but the final instruction is "reinstall", reinstalling the Project seems to just reinstall the error. What exactly do I reinstall?

Also, the simple editing of the file did not fix the problem. Do I need to start a new game or perhaps go back to an earlier save?

Theoretically, changing the according line in the .d and reinstalling the mod should do the trick. Where exactly do you edit?

Reinstalling mean reinstalling the BG1NPC project mod, by double clicking on the .exe and choosing [r]einstall.

If it didn't work, grab the file from this post http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...st&p=118323 , and put it into the directory indicated, then reinstall.

Then try checking it out by going back to a savegame before the behavior started and loading it, and checking in NI... or trying to play forward.

When I tested, changing the materials in NI and saving led to immediate relief of the problem :crazyeyes:

I do not have an ETA on v16 release at the current time, but let me see what I can do with the current package.

Guest Justin

Jastey: I edited x#jfix_tutu.d in 'C:\Program Files\BaldursGateTutu\BG1NPC\core\dlg', fixing the indicated line by adding the negative. However, after [R]einstalling (and having checked the file afterward) it appears it just reinstalled the original error.

CMorgan: I'm dying to play with NI but I can't seem to get it to run, keeps asking me for a .key file and Googling that issue got me nowhere.

To clarify, with Ajantis in my party I've made it as far as Beregost, in my current save he leaves my party about 10-20 seconds after I load. I'll mess with some earlier savegames and see if that resolves the issue, I'll also try editing (and d/ling) said .d file and reinstalling again. If anyone has an answer to the .key problem with NI, I'd be e'er so grateful.

Thanks for your help.

Great news! (Aside from registering) I seem to have managed the solution. When reinstalling from the .exe, it firsts decompresses all the files, of course with this it decompresses the bad file. I got around by copying the correct file OVER the old one just after the decompression runs and BEFORE I hit the [R] to reinstall.

Now, instead of Ajantis leaving, he just seems to be upset about my selling his shield... oops! Thanks to everyone for the help!

Aha - Justin, once you have run the sfx package bg1npc-v15.exe, you do not have to run it again - you can go to your game directory, and find the file marked

"bg1npc.exe"

and run it to install, uninstall, change, etc. the program.

I see what you did - you made fixes to the game files in the folder "../bg1npc/core/.." and then went back and reran bg1npc-v15.exe, which wrote the old files back over your changes.

Glad it got solved :crazyeyes:

(on the NI issue, I haven't come up with anything either, but you may need to make sure you have Java installed and that you are using the latest version of NI.)

Yup, CMorgan, you're dead on, that's exactly what I did. As far as NI is concerned, I have the latest java and NI jar, perhaps its Vista that's doing it, who knows? Perhaps a botched install of java, I think I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling java and see what that does.

Archived