AR0604 - Aerie First Encounter

Noticed that the monster peasants holding the key to Aerie's ogre transformation still remain blue or whatever. It takes a party member attacking them to turn their circles red even though the monsters attack first. Something to look into I think.

I'm pretty sure we discussed this before. Te consensus seems to be that this is intentional behavior--they're covered in an illusion until you hit them.

The real bug here is that you can fight them one at a time. Wouldn't the second creature be smart enough to see that you've attacked its companion, drop its illusion, and attack you?

aWL

EDIT: Seriously, I just pick them off one at a time with missile weapons. It's pathetic.

I'm pretty sure we discussed this before. Te consensus seems to be that this is intentional behavior--they're covered in an illusion until you hit them.

The real bug here is that you can fight them one at a time. Wouldn't the second creature be smart enough to see that you've attacked its companion, drop its illusion, and attack you?

aWL

EDIT: Seriously, I just pick them off one at a time with missile weapons. It's pathetic.

I guess that a change in this sense would clash with the BG2 Fixpack's philosophy to leave alone dumb AI behaviours like this one since they can't be considered bugs but rather poor scripting.

Pretty much, yes.

Though inasmuch as there's developer intent behind the circus tent, it's "surreal and nightmarish" rather than "test your l33t combat chops".

Didn't see this reply until now.

The idiotic AI of the creatures involved tends to suck me right out of that "surreal and nightmarish" mood that you reference as paramount. But maybe that's just me. :laugh:

aWL

This very community offers you a superb Baldur's Gate II AI overhaul in the form of SCS II.

Be our guest... :laugh:

Trust me: I'm aware of SCSII. It's a fav. ;)

Also, I was referencing the default behavior of the two illusion-covered orcs in the circus tent (rather than AI in general). I'm not saying that the Fixpack should become a tactical mod, just that it'd be nice if the Fixpack fixed mentally retarded AI.

aWL

Archived