v15 romance questions

Margrave

I'm playing through with the current release and like what I've seen. I have gone through the Branwen romance up until she decides to cool things off. I dropped her off and went on Minsc's quest to get Dy. I've gone through a number of friend talks with Dy but the romance isn't firing. In the past I've been able to run through multiple romances as long as I met the requirements for rep & such as long as I only had one of the girls in the party at a time. Has anything changed to prevent that with the current release? If not then I'm having a problem that I haven't encountered before.

cheers

Nope, nothing has changed in those two romances. You can recheck both of their romance variables, and make sure you haven't already committed to one or the other, or you could check the timers you set.

And you just gave me an interesting idea. You mean you pursue the Dynaheir Romance until it is almost committed, then send her to an inn and romance Branwen until she has finished, then go back and complete the Dynaheir romance? You evil two-timer you - I will have to try that.

Actually I usually play Branwen through her "breaking it off" due to feeling like she's gotten soft and then do Dy. I don't think of it as two timing either as Branwen broke it off. But like I said this time around the Dynaheir romance isn't firing. I've done the Dy journal quest and gotten up to Dy friend talk 6. My PC is CG, has 20 rep, and 22 charisma with equipment. According to SK I've got P#BranwenRomanceActive = 2, which I'm not sure is a problem or not. I don't have any X# Dynaheir globals that look like they are related to the romance though. What global would I have to set by console to initiate the Dy romance?

P#BranwenRomanceActive = 2 is the problem - somehow, you got her still active as a romance;

in Dynaheir's script, this holds the romance off if Branwen and you are committed:

first, the actual match setting:

/* Set Romance Match */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("X#DynahMatch","GLOBAL",0)
InParty(Myself)
GlobalGT("X#DyFriendTalk","GLOBAL",1)
Gender(Player1,MALE)
!Global("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2) <<<<<<<<
!Alignment(Player1,MASK_EVIL)
!Alignment(Player1,CHAOTIC_NEUTRAL)
OR(4)
Race(Player1,HUMAN)
Race(Player1,ELF)
Race(Player1,HALF_ELF)
Race(Player1,HALFORC)
ReputationGT(Player1,10)
CheckStatGT(Player1,9,INT)
CheckStatGT(Player1,9,WIS)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DynahMatch","GLOBAL",1)
END

I marked how the Romance match would be blocked, if your romance with Branwen is still active.

Then continuing:

/* Set Romance Break if Branwen is at 2 */
IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
!Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
InParty(Myself)
InParty("branwen")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
SetGlobal("X#DynaRomCutByOther","GLOBAL",1)
END

IF %BGT_VAR%
Global("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
!Global("X#DynaheirRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
InParty(Myself)
InParty("branwen")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
SetGlobal("P#BranRomCutByOther","GLOBAL",1)
END

Do you have X#DynaheirRomanceInactive set to 1, or X#DynaRomCutByOther set to 1? If so, then Dy and Branwen were ships passing in the night, and cut eachother off.

Otherwise, your path through Branwen didn't shut down her romance... it got left at active (3).

Two things you can do.

1. Close out Branwen's romance. Manually set

Global("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)

2. If you don't have any X#DynaRomCutByOther or X#DynaheirRomanceInactive values, then this may be enough. If you play for a few minutes and then do a second save, and see

X#DynahMatch = 1

then you are in business. If you don't see that, or you see those two values, roll them back to 0 and manually set X#DynahMatch = 1 (and potentially X#DynaheirRomanceActive = 1 if that still doesn't trigger it - remember they are on a real time timer).

My bet is that either you toolk a "cooling off period" response that left Branwen's romance active, or for some reason on your game the value did not set. If the talk you are speaking of is the Chapter 6 "final talk" (there are conditionals, but this is the last in the standard sequence, and it starts with Branwen saying

"<CHARNAME>, I have come to a decision, and 'tis important that you listen to me. It relieves me to share it with you, for now I am whole and calm, and in a strange way, born again." )

then every exit from that pathway should set the romance to 3 [And I have GOT to try this, though how you end up with the full Dy romance missing all Dy's conditional content I don't know...] ) then you have completed everything in the standard sequence, and you should be able to pick Dy's romance up.

/* Love Talk 20 - Chapter GT 6 */
IF WEIGHT #-2 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL",40)~ THEN BEGIN X#BRLoveTalk20
SAY @514
= @515
++ @516 DO ~IncrementGlobal("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)~ + P#BRLT20.1
++ @517 DO ~IncrementGlobal("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)~ + P#BRLT20.5
++ @518 DO ~IncrementGlobal("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)~ + P#BRLT20.2
++ @519 DO ~IncrementGlobal("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)~ + P#BRLT20.5
++ @520 DO ~IncrementGlobal("P#BRLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)~ + P#BRLT20.3
END

IF ~~ P#BRLT20.1
SAY @521
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ P#BRLT20.2
SAY @522
++ @523 + P#BRLT20.3
++ @524 + P#BRLT20.1
++ @525 + P#BRLT20.4
END

IF ~~ P#BRLT20.3
SAY @526
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3) LeaveParty() EscapeArea()~ EXIT 
END

IF ~~ P#BRLT20.4
SAY @527
IF ~~ THEN GOTO P#BRLT20.5
END

IF ~~ P#BRLT20.5
SAY @528
= @529
= @530
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("P#BranwenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT
END

@ CMorgan

thanx that clears it up rather well. Haven't tried the fixes yet but I'll bet I can make one of them work. I left Branwen after lovetalk 39 in chapter 4 (BGT), "<Charname>, I have come to a decision...". From the romance guide it doesn't look like there was much more Branwen content so I was going to move on. I'll post if I get it to work and which method I used.

cheers

Yeah, the last LT that closes it all off is #20, fired from 39 advancing to 40, closing off at 41. You missed only one lovetalk and some floaters, and that one shouldn't fire until Chapter 6. On a BGT install, there is alot more time spent early on, so actually you have come up with a pretty cool way of maximizing content! You should be fine. Serial Monogomy Rocks!

(@ erebusant: no comment. Or rather, I refuse to answer on the grounds that the answer may be highly testosterone driven.)

Archived