Siluria

MrEnnigma

Well figured it's about time I try my hand at some serious modding so here's my pitch for an NPC. Be gentle. tongue.gif

Siluria

Race: Katane (Half-Vampire)

Class: Monk

Alignment: TN

Stats: provisional

Str: (above average) +2 |16

Dex: (catlike grace comes to mind) +2 |20

Con: (not sure, average) |12

Int: (at least average) |11

Wis: (strong willed) |14

Cha: (takes a hit here due to mood swings) +2 |12

Will romance male and female (if I can get a hand writing)

Personality

Siluria is constantly at war with her vampiric heritage (to the point it is almost a split personality). She can be feral and predatory one instant only to turn caring and concerned the next. To put it simply, she's very moody. Constants include a strong will and a fierce determination to accomplish whatever she sets out to do. She seems to take her pleasures when, how, and with whom she can. However, there is always a degree of distance. Sometimes indifference, sometimes hostility, and sometimes what appears to be...regret. She is aggressive when she knows what she wants and is confident in what she can give.

Her temper is fiery and can flare in an instant. Thankfully, the more agitated she becomes the stronger her eyes glow giving a warning of her mood. In battle, she is a ferocious fighter giving no quarter and reveling in the blood she spills. Treat her as an equal and she'll storm the gates of hell with you. Treat her as anything else and well....

She also suffers from chronic nightmares.

BIO

When asked about her past, Siluria shrugs. She tells you she remembers nothing except for the last few years. She was taken in by a mage who at first seemed to want to help her. It turned out he had alterior motives and subjected her to experiments (his word, hers would be torture) he said would reveal the answers he sought. This went on for some time but it seemed he could never find what he sought. Apparently he grew tired of the attempt and one night she found herself dumped in the slums. She made her way to the Copper Coronet where she offered her services as a pit fighter to Lehtinan. She has been fetching him quite a purse both due to her exoticness and her enthusiasm. Then you came on the scene and you know the rest. She seems determined to tell you nothing else at this time.

BACKGROUND EXPANDED

Irenicus found her in a feral state and was intrigued by her apparent heritage. She was more a beast at the time than anything but he sensed she might hold the key to lifting the curse from himself as well as Bodhi and cure her of her vampirism in the process. He took her in but she was of little use in her current state. He created the choker to do two things. One, it would suppress he beastal nature. Two, it made her his slave. A by-product of the creation process was an additionally granted "non-detection" property which shields the wearer from remote detection. At first grateful for his intervention she became dismayed when she learned what he had in mind. He experimented on her much the same way he did the PC but it seemed like something was actually fighting back. Everytime he thought he might have a grasp on what he sought it melted from his hands. He also discovered that when she was pushed too far, not even the choker could suppress her "Olath Dalninil" as he put it (Dark Sister). Worse, his hold on her thru the collar seemed to grow a little weaker as time went on. He was most perplexed by this. Eventually becoming bored with the attempt and hearing of other targets, he had her drugged and dumped in the slums. Siluria finds herself on her own and wanders into the Copper Coronet where a confrontation with a patron turns bloody. Lehtinan is impressed with her creativity in ending the fight and offers her a job as a pit fighter. Having no where else to go she accepts and her bloodlust truly stirs up the crowd and brings in the coin. Things continue like this till the PC shows up.

FULL BACKGROUND REVEALED

She is the creation of a necromancer (a follower of Velsharoon before he ascended) who was part of an order seeking to create stronger undead. Siluria's mother was vampirizied while pregnant and she was born soon after. Once she was old enough the order began to train her in martial arts for assassination purposes. While she took to the training readily enough she rebelled at the application she was to use it for. Thinking this a weakness of her human heritage and having been unable to duplicate her birth, experiments were begun to suppress her human side and perhaps the means to create more like her. During one such experiment, the order's complex was attacked by Knights of the Radiant heart and destroyed. There was a terrible thunderstorm that night and the magics used in the experiment seemed to draw in several of the bolts. The resulting destruction freed Siluria and gave her the means to escape. Unfortunately the experiment proved successful and while she was able to escape she was no longer herself. Her feral side in full control, she terrorized the countryside till Irenicus became aware of her.

SECRET REVEALED

Not Yet

IDEAS CURRENTLY SET IN STONE

*No Bodhi vamp-nap instead you will be able to either cure her "condition" or inflame it

It has potential, though the only complaint statwise is the 20 value on Dexterity. Not that I'm a big arguer of some such things, but I tend to keep things in the proscribed ranges of the book.

So you mention the Dark Sister? Is that going to be like an alternate side that she could summon, but has a chance of going berserk, for example?

I like the writeup. :groucho: Tying in Velsharoon is good and will work well within the FR setting.

Do Katane exist in FR, though? Not a problem if they don't, since followers of Velsharoon are known for creating odd and unique undead, but I don't think I've heard of them. What special powers and weaknesses do they have?

A few comments, though... Monks need to be Lawful as I'm sure you know. I'm not sure if I'd suggest you should change the alignment from TN to LN or something else, but I just thought I'd point out that people will probably ask questions and moan. Self - discipline suggests LN wouldn't be too bad.

Same about the 20 DEX - 18 would be emough to get the point across, and people may moan. It's good she's not got massive scores everywhere, though.

I like it! ???

It has potential, though the only complaint statwise is the 20 value on Dexterity. Not that I'm a big arguer of some such things, but I tend to keep things in the proscribed ranges of the book.

I wasn't sure about this myself, that's why I included my views on her stats. Suggestions are welcome.

So you mention the Dark Sister? Is that going to be like an alternate side that she could summon, but has a chance of going berserk, for example?

There's a plot device here I don't want to divulge to the general public so I'll send you a PM on this.

Do Katane exist in FR, though? Not a problem if they don't, since followers of Velsharoon are known for creating odd and unique undead, but I don't think I've heard of them. What special powers and weaknesses do they have?

They appeared in Dragon #313 with their assorted kin. They were not described as belonging to any particular world so I don't see why they couldn't be found in the Realms. As for powers and abilities. Here you go, I've also noted how I'm implementing the ability currently:

APPEARANCE

Pale, slender, black hair, pronounced canines, slightly pointed ears.

ALIGNMENT

Usually CE

TRAITS

* Darkvision 60' (used infravision)

*Immune to energy drain attacks of vampires (used immunity to opcode: level drain, also removed icon)

*Immune to Domination of other vampires (used immunity to opcode: charm specific creature, also removed icon)

*+2 to saves vs fear, poison, disease, paralysis, & necromatic spells

(used save vs spell modifer

poison resistance modifier

save vs death mdoifier

save vs petrify/polymorph modifier

nothing for this one)

*+4 (+45%) bonus to bluff, hide, listen, move silent, & spot checks

(used -

hide in shadows modifier

-

stealth modifier

detect illusion)

*Gain impoved initiative feat (used -)

*Cold resistance 5 (used 1/2 BG vampire resist)

*Electricity resistance 5 (used 1/2 BG vampire resist)

*Damage reduction 5/silver

(used Reduced Damage from Slashing Modifier (-5)

Reduced Damage from Crushing Modifier (-5)

Reduced Damage from Piercing Modifier (-5)

Reduced Damage from Missles Modifier (-5) )

*Str +2 (used str modifier)

*DEX +2 (used dex modifier)

*Cha +2 (used cha modifier)

*Level adjustment +4

*CR +1

*At death 3%/per HD will rise as vampire (used -)

*Registers to DETECT UNDEAD as undead of 1/2 lv (used -)

*50% chance any sneak attack or crit will be negated (used protection: backstab set to 50%, auto protect vs crits)

*When saving vs negative energy dmg (IE, INFLICT WOUNDS) if save = no dmg, fail = 1/2

*Slow ageing: age at 1/4 normal rate once maturity reached

*Con Drain: if it has pinned a foe, the Katane can drink its blood draining 1d4 con/rd & gaining 5 temp HP

*Blood hunger: if not drank blood for 3 days, must start making WILL saves vs DC 15 every day.If fails, has until next sunrise to drink blood or suffer -1 morale penalty to attacks, checks, and saves until blood is drank.

*Charm person: CHA mod = times/day (min 1), at character level. DC is CHA based

*Light sensitive: Dazzled by bright sunlight or within radius of DAYLIGHT spell

*Can sense vampires, vampire spawn, Katane, other undead who feed on blood within 200'

A few comments, though... Monks need to be Lawful as I'm sure you know. I'm not sure if I'd suggest you should change the alignment from TN to LN or something else, but I just thought I'd point out that people will probably ask questions and moan. Self - discipline suggests LN wouldn't be too bad.

There's a plot device that explains the alignment choice of TN or CN

Same about the 20 DEX - 18 would be emough to get the point across, and people may moan. It's good she's not got massive scores everywhere, though.

I'm trying to strike a reasonable balance between her stats and her heritage. Again, suggestions are welcome.

Another question - what's she after? What are her goals? Though Irenicus has had a go at her, is she after him?

Those are some of the things I'm still wrestling with. On one hand she's grateful to Irenicus for the help he gave her and on the other she'd like his head on a pike for the experiments he did. Goals would include discovering her past, getting rid of the choker, and getting more control over herself. Still mulling over possibilities.

EDIT: Her alignment will also shift towards good or evil depending on the path you take.

Guest Guest

sounds like a good mod, and if she's part vampire, then she SHOULD have high dexterity, vampires r pretty speedy

will she be romancable? (not that im obsessed with romancable npcs or anything.... :groucho:

I'll keep that in mind. Figured I'd post the banner, see who flocked to it (stood around it, drew pictures of it, whatever), then unleash them on an unsuspecting world. mwaha.gif

Yeah. Something like that.

Huh? :groucho:

Archived