A warning for Sister V

IriaZenn

Just so everyone knows, I'm totally kidnapping Sister V, because well his voicing is to die for! I can't decide which I like better Angelo or Xan. Hmm... I wonder if I can get him to cosplay them both at the same time? :)

:( Heh, thanks, I think. In my opinion, as great as the character of Xan is (for which the credit is of course all Kulyok's), the voicing for Angelo is more consistent--mainly because I had Xan to practice with. And when it comes to that, even with Xan, because some lines were recorded later, those ones tend to be stronger.

Both of them are kind of hampered by my trying to sound almost three times my age. Sawara, in the Angelo mod, might be the only character I've voiced I'm actually suited to...

Your voicing is first class, makes Xan so much more deep

and Angelo... i only started to play but i absolutely loved the i live to serve... line

real professional, liked it as much as i liked Jozzi the seasnake's voicing

Didn't Xan make you absolutely depressed, though?

If this was directed at me, I'd have to say--no; I've always found Xan a very funny character :) Some of the lines I had to voice for him, like when he says he's surprised everyone is still alive or when you try sleeping outside, still crack me up.

Basically Xan is a straight man, something BG arguably doesn't have enough of (it's usually Anomen); they're far outnumbered by the goofballs. But Xan has that special quality Krusty the Clown elucidates, in that bit in The Simpsons where they show how Sideshow Bob got picked: "The pie-in-the-face aint funny unless the sap has dignity! Hey Lord Autumnbottom, get over here!"

There's a picture of him getting his hair died pink over at SHS right now that must capture him perfectly.

I'm going to jump on the "Angelo's voice is sexy as hell" bandwagon, here. "Ma'am yes ma'am" at the start of ToB actually convinced me he was pleased to see me. And "I live to serve" is the best line EVER. Closely followed by "Oh, I get it. I'm your fall guy." :)

I'm going to jump on the "Angelo's voice is sexy as hell" bandwagon, here. "Ma'am yes ma'am" at the start of ToB actually convinced me he was pleased to see me. And "I live to serve" is the best line EVER. Closely followed by "Oh, I get it. I'm your fall guy." ???

Aw, thanks :devil:

If I can throw in my two cents, the line I had to re-record about fifty times because I couldn't stop cracking up was the one in the ToB romance about the bottle of wine. And as for the soundset, what he says when his spell gets interrupted.

There's a picture of him getting his hair died pink over at SHS right now that must capture him perfectly.

On second though this is much too good not to link; it's about 1/4 down the page...some others are pretty funny too...Angelo even makes an "appearance" of sorts :)

On second though this is much too good not to link; it's about 1/4 down the page...some others are pretty funny too...Angelo even makes an "appearance" of sorts :)

Wow, thanks for appreciation :laugh: I feel tempted to make another memo with my other PC, whose love interest is Angelo... as soon as I figure out how to draw him to make him look his age :laugh:

Wow, thanks for appreciation :laugh: I feel tempted to make another memo with my other PC, whose love interest is Angelo... as soon as I figure out how to draw him to make him look his age :)

:laugh: That would be great! The thing is, while I fully endorse and am a fan of all depictions of Angelo that exist to date (including the short-haired version that showed up in the meme thread :laugh:), I still don't know what he's "really" supposed to look like; so I accept--nay, welcome--new interpretations.

Didn't Xan make you absolutely depressed, though?

If this was directed at me, I'd have to say--no; I've always found Xan a very funny character :) Some of the lines I had to voice for him, like when he says he's surprised everyone is still alive or when you try sleeping outside, still crack me up.

Basically Xan is a straight man, something BG arguably doesn't have enough of (it's usually Anomen); they're far outnumbered by the goofballs. But Xan has that special quality Krusty the Clown elucidates, in that bit in The Simpsons where they show how Sideshow Bob got picked: "The pie-in-the-face aint funny unless the sap has dignity! Hey Lord Autumnbottom, get over here!"

Heh. I should really try to romance the gloomy one sometime... I'm having trouble envisioning that.

As for Angelo, he's indeed quite..."different". Did you come up with all the ideas yourself? How long did it take for you to think of- and write the whole thing? It sounds like quite a task...

:laugh: That would be great! The thing is, while I fully endorse and am a fan of all depictions of Angelo that exist to date (including the short-haired version that showed up in the meme thread :laugh:), I still don't know what he's "really" supposed to look like; so I accept--nay, welcome--new interpretations.

Wait, he was supposed to have long hair? I pretty much based mine off how I saw the portrait with the mod. >.<

*goes look*

I feel like I should do the Xan romance and the Edwin romance for completeness' sake cos everyone raves about them... But I find myself thinking longingly of Angelo when I try :)

Feel free to pat me condescendingly.

Heh. I should really try to romance the gloomy one sometime... I'm having trouble envisioning that.

As for Angelo, he's indeed quite..."different". Did you come up with all the ideas yourself? How long did it take for you to think of- and write the whole thing? It sounds like quite a task...

I did "come up with the ideas myself"....unless you count all the in-jokes and references to various things the mod is rife with, the which I've always had a weakness for and will try to scale back on in future projects--the incidence of which is certainly higher than the vanilla game, which does have its share (look up "Yon Yonson" on wikipedia), but not as high as say a Tarantino film.

I was taking a class on Shakespeare at the time, which shows.

The main "basis" for Angelo, though, was my original imagining of him in the fanfic linked in my sig. He's changed quite a bit, but that was my first attempt to flesh out the character.

It took about one college semester to write and code; Kulyok codes nearly as fast as I write. I should note, though, that from what I've seen, it doesn't have as much text as most other romances out there--the sequence of timered lovetalks, for one, may be one of the shortest out there (which I partially justified because a lot of the things other NPCs talk about, you access by force-talking to Angelo).

Wait, he was supposed to have long hair? I pretty much based mine off how I saw the portrait with the mod. >.<

*goes look*

Now I have to go look at it too. I guess I always imagined Angelo having a ponytail, like I do--it's hard to tell from the portrait if he does or not, but I must have assumed he did :) Oops.

Somehow yours, maybe because of the spikiness, just gives more of that "short dude hair" feel

I feel like I should do the Xan romance and the Edwin romance for completeness' sake cos everyone raves about them... But I find myself thinking longingly of Angelo when I try

The Xan romance (and the NPC in general) is definitely worth trying. It's probably the most text-heavy, in-depth romance out there (although I haven't played Kivan), and to me has the feel sort of a novel that's appended to the game. This goes double for my own contributions to the ToB section, which I find a touch too wordy and involved, if anything, these days.

Angelo is objectively much shorter, and more laid-back and humorous ("funny" would imply that the humor is succesful), and gives you less interactivity and control. The Xan romance also turns on a couple of surprises, which I wouldn't want to give away here, that can potentially be tragic. Angelo is pretty much a straight-ahead affair.

I'm glad to hear you like it, though :laugh:

Feel free to pat me condescendingly.

*pat, pat*

Archived