Trouble installing BG1NPC

chrislynn

I am hoping you can help me here!

Not a bug but I am having some trouble getting the NPC mod to install. I finally have a copy of Baldur’s Gate, which I installed to today along with Tales of the Coast (yes, I know that I am really behind on the times, despite playing Baldur’s Gate 2 for a while now). I installed EasyTutu and got that up and running. I was able to add Gavin’s Mod with no troubles, but this one has me baffled. I’ve tried running it under the EasyTutu folder and the BG2 SOA folder and both give me the same error. “Failure- this mod should be installed in your BG2, Tutu, Easy Tutu, or BGT folder after Tutu/BGT conversion†Have I done something incorrectly in my conversion?

I’ve reached the end of my troubleshooting skills (which is admittedly not that extensive!) and would really like to enjoy all of your incredible work having enjoyed the BG2 mods.

Thanks,

Christina

chrislynn, double check that you have extracted the .exe to the folder BaldursGateTutu (your EasyTutu directory). Also make sure that it is not nested one level down, like "baldursgatetutu\bg1npc-15\bg1npc". It could only be that way if you extracted the .exe and then manually moved the files over, which is really, really good modding practice (the best, in fact) but can accidentally leave you with the bg1npc folder at the wrong level if you are not careful.

The check to make sure the mod installs on the correct platform is a check for ~FW0100.are~ (area fw0100) on EasyTutu. If you don't have that area, your Easytutu game would die; Gavin uses exactly the same check and installed, so my bet is that there is nothing wrong with your install. It is just a matter of making sure that in the game directlry you have a folder bg1npc, a file bg1npc.tp2, and a file setup-bg1npc.exe :suspect:

Thank you so much.

I was able to get it to work. :)

I had the bg1npc.exe file under the correct directory but didn’t think to change the default folder location file when I launched it. Once I changed it to load in the BaldursGateTutu directory it worked like a charm.

Awesome. :( I am looking forward to playing this and once again a huge thank you for your help.

Christina

Guest Guest

I have the same error while installing. :p

My problem is, however, that I have The Original Saga without any other mod installed and I am going to sound really stupid asking this (there are no stupid questions only stupid people): How does one do a tutu/BGT conversion? :(:p

The extent of my technological knowledge is not very much, but I would really like to try out this mod.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

I have the same error while installing. :p

My problem is, however, that I have The Original Saga without any other mod installed and I am going to sound really stupid asking this (there are no stupid questions only stupid people): How does one do a tutu/BGT conversion? :(:p

The extent of my technological knowledge is not very much, but I would really like to try out this mod.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

This should really go somewhere else, but I'll see what I can do for you.

First question, do you have Baldur's Gate 2 installed, and have you run the official patch? In case you haven't patched BG2, here's the Shadows of Amn-only patch (do NOT use this if Throne of Bhaal is installed!), and here's the ToB patch. The BG1 installation should also be patched, but ToS is already fully patched on install, so you don't need to download that one.

Second, you'll need to use the appropriate converter: here's the Tutu converter and here's the BGT converter. Personally, I prefer EasyTutu (link on the Tutu page), but that's English-only. If you have further questions about the conversion, it's best to ask at the converter's forum (linked on their respective pages).

Archived