Questions about v3

Kulyok

I think it's kind of... stupid to tell the player to play another romance (best from BG1 on) to have their romance interest in ToB.

"The quickest way to a woman's heart is through another woman's bed" :)

Might get you into her bed, too, but it won't get you into her heart. Of course, for the intent of that saying, it's close enough.

20 lovetalks doesn't seem short at all. But I'll try the thing out before I make another tirade on this. And yes, I understood that the interaction with Valygar in the Xan Mod was literally the continutation for the RE one, so removing that line seems like a good idea.

OT I think the quickest way to a man's heart is through the eyes, but the stomach might end up being the more effective one. :)

And yes, I understood that the interaction with Valygar in the Xan Mod was literally the continutation for the RE one

... not. :)

OT I think the quickest way to a man's heart is through the eyes, but the stomach might end up being the more effective one.

Oh, yes, it's not always possible to get to the brain through the eyes. Stomach wounds, on the other hand... wait, wait, are we talking about tht same thing? On the other hand, we just might.

... not. :(

Yes, now I see I might have phrased that a bit poorly. I meant to say that I misunderstood the meaning of your earlier post (so that I realized they were separate things. Thanks for the patience though).

Oh, yes, it's not always possible to get to the brain through the eyes. Stomach wounds, on the other hand... wait, wait, are we talking about tht same thing? On the other hand, we just might.

I'm not sure, I was talking about possible ways to start romantic encounters, but seeing you talk about wounds makes me think that perhaps you're talking about assassinations. :)

Sure: it's longer than Xan's or Angelo's or Solaufein's, but shorter than Kelsey's or Viconia's or Jaheira's. Like I said earlier, there are twenty lovetalks, four of them very short, and two - just one-liners(but each conveys a message).

If you'd like a preview of sorts, here it is(or you could sign up and request a copy for playtesting, if you prefer :) ).

Thank you, but I have a lot on my plate at the moment. I'll wait till it's released - it sounds interesting, though (I'm very fond of Valygar) and the preview was quite tantalising!

Valygar seems to be the big topic to discuss in v3, but I myself is more curious about Ellesime. Will the character ever have a chance to interact with her, due to the pressing situations they're usually in? First Irenicus, then the Bhaalspawnwar. I assume it would be in ToB, before the PC leaves Suldanessellar, or maybe even after.. :laugh:

Not quite. It happens after Irenicus dies, but before the last cutscene. If you need the exact place, it happens after she says "Ah, I see that you have finally come to. [...]"

There IS a high charisma requirement, however. I think it's 15 for elves, and 18 - for non-elves.

Guest Guest

surprised no one has asked this yet ...

question : i have V2 currently installed, and i am already midgame (chapter 2). can i install V3 and not run into any issues? is it compatible? is there an easy way to update without uninstalling V2 and so on? do i have to restart a new game in order to get the new encounters? thanks

It's likely you'll be all right, yes - we preserved the original component order just for this very case. I generally recommend to prepare a new mod install for each new game, but it is not necessary.

I'm very much looking forward to this. (Does Val notice if you indulge in other...encounters, though?)

(As for "advertising" I really couldn't give a crap. By my own admittance, I'm pretty new to this modding malarkey but I'm just delighted that some nice and imaginative folk are creating them and extending the life of my favourite game(s). If they want to suggest other mods I might enjoy, then why not? It's not like anyone is paying them.)

I'm very much looking forward to this. (Does Val notice if you indulge in other...encounters, though?)

I think he's more interested in the PC: it's like "By the Sea, Mr Todd", but without the pointy instruments. :p Actually... heh, when it comes to PC's other admirers, he's being almost encouraging - after you see the tavern talk(and the one that precedes it), you'll see what I mean.

Mazzy and Anomen both react to this relationship.

It's a bit of a shame, really - I think I've reached the end of it now (with the necklace) and my poor PC now has to make do with stinky Anomen. :p I must admit that, with the possible exceptions of Korgan and Jan, Anomen is the least attractive male PC to me - he's just so shouty and annoying I want to punch him in the face. I thought I'd give him another try as I'd never played the CN track with him (and wanted to see how he reacted to the various encounters also) but I still don't like him. At least my PC can console herself with lots of flings. :p

Anyway, I thought the Val relationship was well written but it would be nice if it became a full relationship with ToB content (independent of Xan) and music. I know there's another Val relationship mod in the works but I don't know if we'll be seeing that anytime soon.

Incidentally, this is my first time with RE in any shape or form, and it's a lot of (rather naughty) fun. I was laughing my ass off at the Firkraag flirts.

Anyway, I thought the Val relationship was well written but it would be nice if it became a full relationship with ToB content

But it ends in SoA. It's just like wishing Haer-Aerie romance had a happy ending, or wishing for a happy ending for Yoshimo, or Xan bonded path: things are like things are. It's Valygar, with his past and his vows, and I don't see the relationship ending otherwise.

Incidentally, this is my first time with RE in any shape or form, and it's a lot of (rather naughty) fun. I was laughing my ass off at the Firkraag flirts.

Thanks. :p

Yes, wishful thinking, absolutely, although not impossible given his existing epilogue. Anyway, for what it's worth, it was nice to play through while it lasted. :p

I haven't finished my game with him and have only had a few nice talks so far. But I agree with you that due to his existing epilogue he certainly could have remained with the pc.

That said I am still looking forward to the rest of the content and I also fervently hope that Meira completes the Corthala Romantique and it doesn't go the way of so many promising and looked-forward-to mods.

Archived