Questions about v3

Kulyok

I think the key word in Valygar's epilogue is "eventually". During the events of Baldur's Gate 2, he is - twenty-seven? thirty-one? - he is young. He is a maximalist - he believes that through his action(or inaction) the world will change: his offspring will destroy it, or his own blood may doom it, or Cowled Wizards/Lavok will use him, and, again, the world will change - well, his initial dialogue shows it well enough.

In the epilogue, though, he is years older - he is forty or forty-five, he already understands that though he's done much, he is not an immortal, the world does not revolve around him, and nothing is pre-determined: his child may become a good person; and loneliness is pressing. So, he marries, but whoever the woman is, she is not the PC. Never her.

The main thing with the epilogues (at least, the non-romantic ones) is that they all seem to assume that the PC will ascend - Val's is no different in this regard (though he has one of the nicer epilogues, at least). This is bit of a personal beef of mine, as in most games I choose not to - and if you chose to remain human it would be nice to think you kept in touch with your former companions after all you went through together. But that's another pipedream and I digress. :p

I certainly wouldn't think it inconceivable that the PC would end up with Val - I find it far more difficult to believe that she'd put up with an idiot like Anomen (thank God for Angelo is all I can say!) And who's to say she would want children? Not all women do - I'm a case in point, after all. But yes, the Val romance is a bit like being given a lovely box of chocolates and then told you can only have one, if you see what I mean. :p

Anyway I wasn't here to argue - I just wanted to say I enjoyed the mod, and thanks for putting it together. The other components are, ahem, a lot of fun too. You certainly have a naughty imagination!

Heheh. I enjoy the arguments as well(or better) than compliments, so no worries about that - but sorry for drawing you into one. A great metaphor about chocolates: I'm wistfully looking at my last chocolate right now, and my cup of tea looks entirely too big for it!

And, indeed, Domi's writing is engaging. Corthala Romantique is not available, but her Kivan, Coran romance and friendship for BG1 and Diriel for Icewind Dale 2 are quite delicious. Recommended.

Kivan's on my "must download" list for certain - always liked him in BG and was a bit sad he never made it into BG2, though I suppose Val fills the terse ranger role in that game (probably why I like Val too).

I have an IWD2 game going at the moment - first time I've tried it with the mod. I must admit I got sidetracked by RE. I haven't taken Diriel but my protagonist for this runthrough is a human male. I was hoping for a bit of manly loving from Jaemal. :p

(And that's something RE needs a bit more of...Solaufein seems to be the only fellow there who swings both ways, and he's not exactly willing...)

No kidding. Women are just as filthy as men - we just like you to believe otherwise. :p

I think the main difference is men are more visual whereas women generally prefer something that leaves more to the imagination, which this mod does nicely. I'm not at all surprised it's popular!

Archived