IWD-BG2 download and overview

I have a copy of weidu.exe in my install and ran into the same problem as berelinde. Looked like it finished with the xx.wav conversions, then went to the "'weidu' is not recognized...".

I'll kill it tonight. I'm new at this level of testing, so I may have missed something in this attempt. I'd appreciate some feedback on this before I try again.

Blame Windows if my path name has spaces in it. The path to my IWD game is c:\program files\black isle\icewind dale. You could blame Black Isle, too, I suppose, since they were responsible for two of the three.

Or was this yet another case of berelinde missing a key line in the directions?

Just finished the second install attempt with the new .bat file. The game installed in about 30 minutes. I'll check out the game after while.

The "testing stuff" component, however...

Install Component [testing stuff]?

nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

Installing [testing stuff]

loading 1 tra file

[iwd_in_bg2/iwd.tra] has 34502 translation strings

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [testing stuff], rolling back to previous state

[iwd_in_bg2/backup/1/UNSETSTR.1] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 0 files for [iWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2] component 1.

Uninstalled 0 files for [iWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2] component 1.

IWD_IN_BG2/SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.TP2 0 0 Installed ~Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate II~

ERROR: Sys_error("iwd_in_bg2/lib/creature_animation_mappings.tpa: No such file or directory")

PLEASE email the file SETUP-IWD_IN_BG2.DEBUG to webmaster@gibberlings3.net

Using Language [English]

[English] has 1 top-level TRA files

[iwd_in_bg2/languages/english/setup.tra] has 2 translation strings

Edit: I tried to start the game, but couldn't get past the opening. I got the starting information for BG2 on Irenicus' capture, not the IWD start. When I went into the game the cutscene with Hrothgar, the foot circle under the PC vanished but Hrothgar failed to move to the PC. And, of course you know the PC starts with the standard SoA starting XP (7th level paladin at start)...

I've got it installed on my system. Same bug with the "testing component" as Grogerson.

Some issues with the character creation screen: it crashes if I try an import or if I create a cleric. It let me create a fighter. Same problem as Grogerson with the cutscene freezing: it's because Hrothgar hasn't got a death variable. I gave him one manually and the cutscene works fine.

Wandered around town a bit; seemed okay if slightly laggy. Arrived at the goblins; when the fight started, it was more laggy than I've ever seen, virtually froze the computer. Can reproduce intermittently in other situations; at a guess, we're going to need to BIFF the BAM files.

Some creatures don't seem to see you (ex: the Cyclops at the west end of AR1100).

All looks very cool, notwithstanding.

The scripts are only partially converted, which probably accounts for the wonk. I only went around on my walkies prior to the script conversions--it converts what it can, and turns unknown triggers actions into SetGlobal and Globals, so the scripts are probably lagging by infinitely setting variables or some other silliness.

Archived