Components

DavidW

As of V1 spells are separated into two components, which install all arcane and divine spells respectively. Anyway customizing it is very simple (and fully described in the readme): to choose which spells should not be changed during installation just use the structure /* name_spell */ in the .tp2 file to disable it.

I've chosen not to make each spell a separate component to speed up the installation process, and because I think most of them should be installed altogether for conceptual and balance reasons. But now that you mention it I can probably allow an "install-all" option at the beginning and still make each spell a separate component. :)

But now that you mention it I can probably allow an "install-all" option at the beginning and still make each spell a separate component. ;)

Please do so :cool:

There are some things that I dislike (penalty on saves), and others that I like (70% of most spell changes)

There are some things that I dislike (penalty on saves)...
Save penalties aren't optional because they have a balance purpose, though they're still to be tested to find the optimal solution. Some spells in vanilla's BG were just useless because they lacked a decent save penalty, just read some guide or ask in the forums and I think you'll find that most players didn't use save-or-else spells. I'm surely going to follow players' advices for choosing how to implement the penalties, but I'm not sure I'll make it an optional component (Mike1072 has the last word on the matter anyway, because he's the one who would code such component :cool: ).
..., and others that I like (70% of most spell changes)
If you're willing to explain the 30% that you don't like it may help me improving it. ;)
If you're willing to explain the 30% that you don't like it may help me improving it. :cool:

I was afraid you would say that...

Wait some time until I read everything (don't want to make the same mistakes I did while asking David some stuff)

Then I open a new topic.

Archived