improved random enconteurs

Guest Blackmamuth

Guest Blackmamuth

I mean, Would it work with Tactics component? it will be overwritten? the two mods would work alongside flawlessly? Only the last installed?

Or perhaps when in a random encounter two groups of enemies would be spawned?

If I install that, with BGT, It would scale up according to level, right?

I mean, Would it work with Tactics component? it will be overwritten? the two mods would work alongside flawlessly? Only the last installed?

I don't know exactly; I don't recommend it, in any case. Install one or the other.

If I install that, with BGT, It would scale up according to level, right?

It won't kick in until BG2; it'll assume you're at least BG2-starting level but other than that it scales with level.

Guest Splunge

I'm not sure exactly which components you're referring to, but I have the following installed, and haven't noticed any problems yet (I'm about to start Ch. 3):

Tactics:

Gebhard Blucher's Random City Encounters

Kensai Ryu's Random Wilderness Encounters

SCS II:

Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings

Improved minor encounters

Improved Random Encounters

Having checked my code: the "Random Encounters" component installs destructively, so it overwrites the Tactics version. You'll see the Tactics in-town spawns (the annoying adventurers outside the CC, for instance) but you won't see them in inter-area encounters.

Archived