Thank you for making such a great mod!

Guest Digital

Guest Digital

Though I'm sure you (whoever made this mod and if you still browse these forums) probably heard this a lot and it means little from some random poster, I must say this mod is excellent.

I am new to BG2 (and D&D in general) and am playing with Amber through the first playthrough, and it genuinely feels like a part of the original game! Her voice overs and portrait are perfect, and fit in the well into the game.

I am usually uninterested with mods when playing an RPG, but I must say this is the best I have seen.

I haven't gotten so far yet, as I'm playing multiplayer with a friend, and hoping I can get through the romance with Amber, it's cool that Amber talks to player 2.

Well thank you again for this mod, bye.

Guest Flash_SMC

I agree

ive played many romance mods and have to say amber is my favourite...fade is a close second. i think i mite have a thing for tieflings..

who ever finishes the tob portion will be my ultimate fav hahah jk :)

Guest Guest

An excellent mod to be sure. I am finding the ring book, key ring, and lockpicks very useful. As for Amber herself, aside from her secret conspiracy to keep Jan Jansen in jail for all eternity (a bug) she is an wonderful addition to the game. Its nice to have a decent thief in the underdark for a change. Her dialog matches her alignment/race/class mix well (as opposed to the melodramatic Aerie, who would have made a more convincing bard).

An excellent mod to be sure. I am finding the ring book, key ring, and lockpicks very useful. As for Amber herself, aside from her secret conspiracy to keep Jan Jansen in jail for all eternity (a bug) she is an wonderful addition to the game. Its nice to have a decent thief in the underdark for a change. Her dialog matches her alignment/race/class mix well (as opposed to the melodramatic Aerie, who would have made a more convincing bard).

Hmm... You should be able to rescue Jan before or after you meet Amber. True enough, during that first 'meeting' quest, you can't do anything for Jan. However, my guard will kindly to inform you that the prison keeper will be back shortly if you ask for Jan.

Actually I had the same problem with Jan. Jan got thrown into jail (after I got Amber in the party) and despite the guard informing me of the future return of the prison keeper he never showed up for me. It's quite an insignificant bug on an otherwise great mod though, just don't get Jan thrown into jail if you want him. :laugh:

Actually I had the same problem with Jan. Jan got thrown into jail (after I got Amber in the party) and despite the guard informing me of the future return of the prison keeper he never showed up for me. It's quite an insignificant bug on an otherwise great mod though, just don't get Jan thrown into jail if you want him. :laugh:

Odd... What other mods you have installed? My guard should not be in the prison anymore when you visit the prison again after meeting Amber (expect during the bracelet quest if you PC decides to take it). In my test game the prison keeper definitely returns after you have met Amber and the same applies for the bracelet quest.

Crippling the game's original quests for good is in my book a very severe bug. ;)

Guest Guest

I have no other mods installed, which reminds me, would the tweak pack cause any problems (or fix them) if I were to install it after amber. I've been hesitant to install anything now that I've started playing.

back on topic though, there are no guards currently in my prison.

Odd... What other mods you have installed? My guard should not be in the prison anymore when you visit the prison again after meeting Amber (expect during the bracelet quest if you PC decides to take it). In my test game the prison keeper definitely returns after you have met Amber and the same applies for the bracelet quest.

Crippling the game's original quests for good is in my book a very severe bug. ;)

No other mods that affect the government district in any way. It might just have been a one time thing. I didn't really experiment with it because it didn't really bother me that much. It might "cripple" the quest (if it happens at all), but you can just

a) Not get him thrown into jail

b) Free Jan before you initiate the Amber quest

I have no other mods installed, which reminds me, would the tweak pack cause any problems (or fix them) if I were to install it after amber. I've been hesitant to install anything now that I've started playing.

You can install the tweak pack after Amber. (Fixpack should go first, though.)

back on topic though, there are no guards currently in my prison.

How did you solve Amber's quest? Did your PC kill Max or did you run up to the cheif investigator Brega? (Both ways should work.) Has the bracelet quest occured yet?

Guest Guest

I went to get the papers filled out (running back and fourth between npcs in the counsel of six building). I think I ran into Jan while amber was kidnaped so the bracelet quest was also completed.

I should probably note that the entire infinity engine is less than stable on my computer. The shadow dragon dispelled my slayer change (which never came back after resting),I can select bard or druid as a starting class and freezing is frequent (and yes sadly my patches are up to date). So the problem may actually be my software rather than your coding.

Archived