Installation Order for BG2

Splunge

Well, I opened my big mouth at SP by suggesting that the proper install order be stickied because the question comes up fairly often, and Tal asked me if I wanted to create the instructions.

Could someone please review this list, and let me know if I'm right? Specifically, am I missing anything, does the age of the mod matter, etc. Also, it was written for specific mods; are there more general guidelines which should be followed? As an added bonus for anyone's help, I'll give you credit in the thread :)

Thanks in advance.

(I'll also be linking to cmorgan tutu installation instructions)

Posted. I mentioned what I could remember, but there are problems: for example, until yesterday we didn't know that the Longer Road was blocking epilogues from other mods and why(we had to look up their AR6200 code).

Oh! Edwin Romance overwrites Edwin's dream script, so it should be installed among the first mods, too. His flirt pack should be installed together with the Flirt Pack from PPG, though.

Splunge, considering you joined yesterday, you do post a lot!:

Splunge

Member Group: Members

Active Stats

User's local time Apr 5 2008, 02:54 PM

Total Cumulative Posts 8000003

( 8000003 posts per day / 6893.88% of total forum posts )

Cam and DavidW have a vicious and no-holds-barred bloodfest over whether Tweaks or SCS should be installed last. It's quite the terrible fight, actually. Oh, the humanity! :(

Well, Ok, there's no blood, but I've seen both approaches suggested. I suspect it boils down to which changes you want to take precedent.

See, it pays to be famous :)

Or pathetic. :(

It occured to me that my last post could be misinterpreted.

So to be clear - the "pathetic" part is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the quality (or lack thereof) of my posts on SP, and not to the fact that I post on a CRPG gaming forum.

Gawd, I must be pathetic when I feel the need to define my patheticness. :)

Edit: Egads, whatever happened to the original intent of this topic? :(

So to be clear - the "pathetic" part is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the quality (or lack thereof) of my posts on SP, and not to the fact that I post on a CRPG gaming forum.

i agree, it is completely normal, even dignified behaviour for all of us adults (myself included) to keep playing the same game over and over again for the last 10 years

happy0147.gifhappy0147.gifhappy0147.gif

:)

Should the official beta patch (26499) be installed or will this cause problems for the mods that patch the BG2 executable?

It's almost universally agreed that you should not install patch 26499. It's a beta and it's buggy.

Archived