Installation Order for BG2

Splunge

Splunge, does your list suggest that Level One NPC's be the last thing, or just immediately after any kit installation? Or does it matter?

You note that it 'should be installed after any mod which adds kits, so that the Level One mod will recognize them,' but it's also listed after everything else, including the Tweakpack and SCS II.

I'm curious because I'd like to try Level One, but I've already done my other installations, and I wonder if I can now add it without trouble.

For the basic mods, along with Easy Tutu for BG, the recommended order in these forums was

- BG/ToSC. BG2 and ToB. ToB patch.

- EasyTutu

- Degreenifier (and NPC Kit, if desired) (you can find all this at the Gibberlings forum)

- optional NPC Project

- G3 Tweakpack on EasyTutu

- G3 Fixpack on BG2

- G3 Tweakpack on BG2

You can see the post in this thread here.

From your post, I'd assume SCS II goes at the end. But does it matter if Level One NPC goes before or after the Tweakpack, as long as it follows all kits?

Splunge, does your list suggest that Level One NPC's be the last thing, or just immediately after any kit installation? Or does it matter?

You note that it 'should be installed after any mod which adds kits, so that the Level One mod will recognize them,' but it's also listed after everything else, including the Tweakpack and SCS II.

I knew that would end up confusing someone. That particular section was not lised in order. Instead, what is important is what I said about each one - i.e. SCS II is last, Tweaks is second last (i.e. before SCS), aand Level One NPC's after any mod adding kits (but before SCS or Tweaks).

As far as installing Level One NPC's at the very end, I think I'd better let someone else answer whether it would cause problems with Tweaks or SCS II. Somehow I suspect not, but I'm not a modder, so I'm probably wrong. :laugh:

Archived