Installation order for a 1st time SCS'er!

Klorox

Since I wrote the readme...

Various items in the game give you immunity to various magical effects (e.g., Helms of Charm Protection). SCS II makes a list of all such items and allows for them in its scripting. Items installed after SCS II will not be allowed for. This isn't a disaster, it just means enemies may behave slightly less intelligently.

Also, one component (the "Spellhold items" one) removes all your items. It does this by making a list of every item in the game. Items installed after SCS II won't be removed. Again, this isn't disastrous. However (and this is something I'll correct in v6), if your protagonist has those items when you enter Spellhold, they'll be destroyed.

So the point is:

For maximum performance, install last.

Icen

Install what last?;):laugh:
Actually, it is; If you want maximum performance from SCSII, then install it last.

But if you want maximum performance from G3BG2Tweakpack, install it last.

So the point is:

For maximum performance, install last.

Icen

Install what last?;):laugh:
Actually, it is; If you want maximum performance from SCSII, then install it last.

But if you want maximum performance from G3BG2Tweakpack, install it last.

Sounds fair.

Though:

(i) There are very few problems with installing SCSII first (basically, don't keep potion cases etc on your protagonist when entering Spellhold).

(ii) I'm not aware of any actual problems with installing BG2Tweakpack first (SCSII isn't really in the business of doing the sort of changes that Tweakpack needs to engage with)

(iii) v6 of SCSII should be out in a day or two, and it (hopefully) is quite happy to be installed before Tweakpack.

The tweakpack before SCS but only after SCSII.

:laugh:

Icen

Don't confuse the poor guy.

On balance, I'd recommend TweakPack before SCSII v5. When v6 comes out (any day now), the other way round is better. It doesn't matter that much either way.

Archived