SCSII v6 imminent - translations sought

DavidW

I'm about to release the new version, and if anyone feels like updating the translations, that'd be great. New .tra attached.

I should say that there's quite a lot more to translate than usual here. I want to get the new version out fairly quickly since there's a couple of annoying issues that it corrects, so I don't really want to wait for translations, but I'm happy to release a translations-only update as and when.

SCSII_tra.zip

I'm about to release the new version, and if anyone feels like updating the translations, that'd be great. New .tra attached.

Hi David,

I have been translating it, but I am really busy these days. Furthermore, I only have an english-spanish dictionary at home (necessary for a couple of words), so I won't be able to supply a spanish translation today or even tomorrow. I'm sorry for the inconvenieces, although it could well be that ClanDLAN has already translated it.

David, could you shed light on status of v6?

Is it waiting to be uploaded or just nor ready yet?

Waiting to be uploaded. (Cam's away atm.)

By away do you mean temporarily away for a few hours or away on vacation and not expected back for awhile.If the 2nd option is it possible to get a copy of v6 by another means.I think i speak for several people when i say that while we've been waiting for v6 we haven't been getting our regular fix of BG2 and were beginning to go crazy,lol..........seriously...we need our fix.

we've been waiting for v6 we haven't been getting our regular fix of BG2 and were beginning to go crazy,lol..........seriously...we need our fix.

Be patient :laugh:

From what i saw, uploading can easily take several days. So don't bother David, we just need to wait a little more.

we've been waiting for v6 we haven't been getting our regular fix of BG2 and were beginning to go crazy,lol..........seriously...we need our fix.

From what i saw, uploading can easily take several days. So don't bother David, we just need to wait a little more.

How does uploading a 2mb file to a website take days?That's not a shot at you.....i really do want to know.

How does uploading a 2mb file to a website take days?That's not a shot at you.....i really do want to know.

Presumably, DavidW does not have FTP access to G3's download section. Some mod communities grant access to their authors (it just makes sense to do so), but some do not. Apparently, G3 doesn't.

@DavidW: On the chance that CamDawg is willing to grant you FTP access but you aren't familiar with FTP, check out the FileZilla client. Rastor introduced me to the program a while ago. It's small, free, effective, and easy-to-use.

aWL

EDIT: link

Presumably, DavidW does not have FTP access to G3's download section. Some mod communities grant access to their authors (it just makes sense to do so), but some do not. Apparently, G3 doesn't.

I'm sure Cam would grant access if I asked, but I'm too lazy. Sorry. PM me if you really can't wait.

Since we cant know when SCS II v6 will be uploaded by CamDawg here at G3, I was wondering if you are adding to it during these days when more issues are reported so that Cam will release the very latest (your local) version of SCS II.

Also, please forgive me if this might sound not polite, is SCS (that has been without an update for a longer time than SCS II) going to receive some love after v6 is finally out?

As BGT player I think that SCS was more "in need" of fixing than SCS II.

Thanks!

Since we cant know when SCS II v6 will be uploaded by CamDawg here at G3, I was wondering if you are adding to it during these days when more issues are reported so that Cam will release the very latest (your local) version of SCS II.

Yes.

Also, please forgive me if this might sound not polite, is SCS (that has been without an update for a longer time than SCS II) going to receive some love after v6 is finally out?

No, my doctoral thesis is.

As BGT player I think that SCS was more "in need" of fixing than SCS II.

Here, I'm afraid, you suffer from this being a hobby: SCS II has tended to grab my time more, partly because it's newer and partly because I'm currently in BG2 in my own playthrough (which usually takes 18 months). Also, SCS II is genuinely less stable (or at least: has been) - as far as I know there aren't any genuinely critical bugs in SCS atm, though there are one or two annoying ones.

I haven't forgotten about it, but I don't have an ETA either.

Archived