SCS duology as single archive?

Salk

Hello, DavidW.

I was wondering if a merger between the two mods of your might in the future become a single Mod named just: Sword Coast Stratgems.

The reason is that for one thing it would save time by supporting one single version of the Mod. For the users, it could provide a simplified way of installations (I speak of BGT users like myself in this case).

Installation-wise it should be rather easy to detect which platform SCS is being installed to (Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's Gate Trilogy or (Easy)TuTu).

Feel free to tell me that this idea is without any true benefits: you might be right. :laugh:

Hello, DavidW.

I was wondering if a merger between the two mods of your might in the future become a single Mod named just: Sword Coast Stratgems.

The reason is that for one thing it would save time by supporting one single version of the Mod. For the users, it could provide a simplified way of installations (I speak of BGT users like myself in this case).

Installation-wise it should be rather easy to detect which platform SCS is being installed to (Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's Gate Trilogy or (Easy)TuTu).

Feel free to tell me that this idea is without any true benefits: you might be right. :laugh:

I've thought about it, but

(i) I don't actually think it would be much easier to support - there's not that much overlap and what there is is easy enough to copy between the two with a cut-and-paste.

(ii) It means a bigger download.

(iii) It doesn't seem to have any end-user benefits except to BGT users (who, sure, would benefit).

Oh well, the fact that you have thought about that makes me feel better about my sanity of mind... ;)

All your points are more than valid, of course.

Thanks for answering, DavidW! :laugh:

Archived