Suggestions for converter changes

All very tentative, obviously. (And I'm still somewhat in awe at the conversion program!) I'm kind of assuming you'd rather people erred on the side of suggestions etc even if they're likely to be things you've thought of before. Say if not, though.

- go with Sim's suggestion: dump the entire IWD dialog file into the BG2 one at some particular offset (50,000 is probably safe). Presumably we could use the batch file to make a WEIDU file that just has 50,000 STRING_SET ... USING ... commands. We can keep the offset in ~iwd_dlg_offset~ in case it needs changing for some reason. Then all string updates are just a matter of adding ~iwd_dlg_offset~.

- copy BAM files over "as-and-when" instead of en mass. I guess that means having a list of core-game BAMs, and also dynamically building a list when we copy over ITMs (and spells, in the fullness of time). Partly that's to reduce mess; partly it might make things stabler. (This is tentative).

- Rebuild the game's creature-animation BIF files from scratch. (That's the only way I can see to avoid having the override directory choked with animation BAM files).

Can you leave it a few days before trying to incorporate the BAM converter? I'm still working out some kinks and I don't want you having to redo stuff multiple times.

Archived