Super happy fun lucky thingy?

Guest Guest

LOL, this is funny. Just logged in to see a nice long, insulting PM from the new resident, crabjuice, admitting he was trying to get me banned all this time.

Just one thing, Mr. I-have-no-intention-of-getting-involved-in-a-flame-war. A real man speaks his mind out in the open. Only a true coward portrays a fake ass "good guy" image. Say whatever you want out here in the open instead of resorting to private messages.

P.S. I see the "ignore" feature must be broken, eh?? :( Since you quoted my most recent post.

Lying hypocritical coward.

As for its future, good question. It'd be nice to have a standalone package, sure, but that's not (functionally) different from a modder's perspective than the current arrangement. The big pro would be that players don't have to bother with another option; the con would be maintenance of a separate package.

so, why not just comment it?

It's an option, sure, but we might as well just toss the tph's into a zip and be done with it then.

I hope you consider it, at least. One package, still no players' confusion. What's the problem? Everyone's happy. It's just that players should be first taken care of.

I just spent ten minutes catching up on this thread, and I only have one thought:

I want my ten minutes back.

I'll give you ten minutes for an hour or whatever it's been with my catching up on this thread. Though I've been doing other things while browsing it, and it's made me chuckle, so I guess that's worth something.
Howard is among the greatest fantasy authors ever to write. He's not perfect (one story has a tinge of racism...)
One story? More than that I think. Nevertheless, a great author without whom a lot of stuff in DnD etc. probably wouldn't exist, but a product of unfortunate stereotypes.
If, in the rare case a certain part of it is conflicting with some mod, the focus should be on resolving that conflict instead of quarantining it somewhere.
There is something to be said for that.
Every once in a while I'll find a mod that forgets to add CD_STATE_NOTVALID to the tp2, and then I'll have to go back and add it myself.
Am I an idiot, or is there a reason for doing this if one mod's already done it?
He wants people to provoke him so he can then innocently claim he's just defending himself. Looks like a lot of people took the bait. :groucho::crazyeyes:
Like you, perhaps?
Why hasn't temujin been banned from the forums yet?
Free speech, dude. We hold these truths to be self-evident. Rock and rule.
As I said, crapjuice, just move the fuck along. I don't simply choose to attack anyone, just the trolls that disrupt this place.
Really, that isn't necessary, temujin. He wasn't attacking you, or being a troll or anything like that. He's always been helpful on the Bioware forums, even in the face of some truly idiotic posts there - save your venom for those folks.
Ideally, the Fixpack would consist of one component: Stable Fixes. Everyone, players and modders from every community, could then use it as a stable base knowing that it only fixes legitimate bugs and does nothing else whatsoever. Optional But Cool would be an acceptable addition were it limited to questionable fixes and undoing fixes that radically alter gameplay (Free Action, for example).
I myself wondered what the difference was between OBC components and tweaks. Pretty synonymous I thought. In the course of working on the BG1 Fixpack though, I've come to recognise there are components that are, even as you say yourself, "questionable" fixes that would be better as optional components in a fixpack than in a tweak pack. Then there are obvious tweaks that are not fixes by any measure. Perhaps there should be a better term than "OBC" but still, a distinction makes a certain amount of sense.
The original Baldurdash is an excellent example of the above.
As others have implied, even some of the original BD components are questionable as "absolute stable fixes." But it probably didn't have the scrutiny the Fixpack now does. There will never be consensus on this though. I'm not a Fixpack pusher nor a detractor, but I think it does alright. Certainly, it's transparent enough so you can question anything you disagree with, and even if the authors don't agree with you, they let you have your say. It's not like "my world and welcome to it," shoving the mod down your throat or anything.

Finally, regarding the Super Happy pack... although I've previously observed it might be better as part of the G3 Debugging Suite, I see no real harm in keeping it as an optional component in the Fixpack. As several have said: don't like it? Don't install it. On the other hand, don't like the Fixpack but want the Super Happy stuff? Well, you have that option too. Splitting it off would make just one more download, that's the only real consequence it'd have.

Guest Guest
On the other hand, don't like the Fixpack but want the Super Happy stuff? Well, you have that option too. Splitting it off would make just one more download, that's the only real consequence it'd have.

Ok, i have an issue with the above which has been stated a few times in this thread - the point is some of us, myself included, do not understand whether we DO "want" it or not, it just has a name that implies you should install it, the 'modder pack' attached on the end wasn't clear enough as to whether it is just for modders or not...ignoring the name, since it is just a name, instead considering the documentation that says something along the lines of 'it may well be needed for future mods' it sounds as though a player, not a modder, needs it as well.

Basically, for those of us not in the know, as it were, in regards to exactly what a component does, rely on the documentation, which certainly lead me to believe i should have it, or else 'future mods' may not work properly - after all, it is something in a fixpack...i hope you see where i'm coming from.

I have no opinion on whether it stays or goes, i simply want to know if i need it or not; and there are conflicting opinions on here in regards to that...i would appreciate it if someone could clear it up please.

Guest Guest_temujin_*
He wants people to provoke him so he can then innocently claim he's just defending himself. Looks like a lot of people took the bait. :crazyeyes::groucho:
Like you, perhaps?

Of course myself included, but if you notice my first couple replies to him, it was related to the topic at hand, whereas his first couple posts was some generic comment about the fixpack as usual - absolutety unnecessary. He's made his opinion of the fixpack known a few times before already, so why keep repeating it?

As I said, crapjuice, just move the fuck along. I don't simply choose to attack anyone, just the trolls that disrupt this place.
Really, that isn't necessary, temujin. He wasn't attacking you, or being a troll or anything like that.

LOL, you should see the PM that I got from him. He's just a wolf in sheep's clothing. Just one of those, "hey everybody, look! there's the bad guy!! let's get him." type of frauds.

Finally, regarding the Super Happy pack... although I've previously observed it might be better as part of the G3 Debugging Suite, I see no real harm in keeping it as an optional component in the Fixpack. As several have said: don't like it? Don't install it. On the other hand, don't like the Fixpack but want the Super Happy stuff? Well, you have that option too. Splitting it off would make just one more download, that's the only real consequence it'd have.

You are a reasonable man, Miloch. The reason I specifically wanted the modder pack was because it contained the IDS files (I think action.ids, spell.ids, state.ids or something like that) required for the older mods so they wouldn't give errors, so, to me (even as just a player), it was helpful.

LOL, you should see the PM that I got from him. He's just a wolf in sheep's clothing. Just one of those, "hey everybody, look! there's the bad guy!! let's get him." type of frauds.

Hmm. I put you on ignore, so you post as a guest, so I have to read your post anyway.

Anyway, feel free to post the PM I sent you here. (Provided you don't edit it.) I have nothing to hide. "Why has temujin not been banned yet?" was the first sentence of my first post in this thread. The fact that I wanted you banned was never a secret.

I don't buy the free speech argument. Freedom of speech is not the right to have your speech be published by everyone. Banning a user is not taking away their free speech; it's just refusing to be the publisher of it, which every publisher has the right to do. But this is G3's server, and they can decide to publish, or not publish, whatever they want. They have an open and unshuttable door policy, and now that I know it and I'm happy to respect it, even though I'd have a different policy if it were my server.

I object to the vitriol, foul language, and outright and unnecessarily vulgar insults in your posts. Even if you thought aWL's complaints unreasonable, responding in the way you did, can do nothing but escalate the situation. The wolf in a sheep's clothing is you, my friend. You fashion yourself a bulwark against trolls, but it doesn't work that way. When trolls get insulted, they tend to just act more trollish.

But I really didn't want to get sucked back into this, which is why I put you on ignore. Is there any way to ignore guest posts coming from a certain server or something?

EDIT: Responding to below, I put you on ignore right after quoting that message. There was no dishonesty. But I'll happily shut up now.

Guest Guest_temujin_*

:p:crazyeyes::groucho:

you're really obsessed with me, aren't you?

Here is your PM, by the way.

This is the third time you tried to get my attention. This might sound ironic, but it's actually me that's been trying to ignore you. You are like an annoying tick that just keeps coming back. How about shutting the fuck up already? :blush:

Hate to disappoint you, but I haven't been trying to get your attention. I've been trying to get the moderators' attention, to point out what I see as a clear violation of reasonable conduct on forums like this. If you could string together a complete sentence without cursing, or otherwise show yourself capable of rational discourse without insults, then and only then would I be willing to take anything you had to say seriously.

You're a troll, and you know it. You may claim to be here to criticize other trolls, but your conduct has been way out of line. Look at the littany of vulgar insults you continue to use. If you don't have Tourrette's syndrome, there is just no call for it, whatever your past history with aWL.

I don't know whether or not this has occurred to you, but you can't fight trollism with insults and vulgarity. It just incites the trolls more.

I was hoping to get you banned, because I prefer civil discussion, and frankly if people like you continue to post on the forums, there will be no reason to visit. Your demeanor shows you to be incapable of posting with a civil tone. Having people like you around is just a waste of everyone's time, and I would have preferred you gone.

So the next best thing: you're on ignore. Goodbye and good riddance.

You quoted my post in that PM when I was NOT posting as a guest, lying hypocritical scumbag. Which tells me you're just another bullshitter. I frankly couldn't care less whether you put me on ignore or not.

Admit it. You want to get involved in this. You don't like me posting as a guest? Well then, cover your eyes when you see me posting as guest, drama queen. What part of "SHUT THE FUCK UP" don't you understand?

I wouldn't be surprised if you once again respond to this post once again while innocently claiming "But I really didn't want to get sucked back into this". :p

Guest Guest_temujin_*
EDIT: Responding to below, I put you on ignore right after quoting that message. There was no dishonesty. But I'll happily shut up now.

ah, how convenient! :crazyeyes::groucho:

Well let's hope (fingers crossed) you atleast stick to your word this time.

By the way, even when I post as guest, I'll happily put my username on. I have nothing to hide. My laptop doesn't have the password memorized, only the desktop pc has the autologin enabled.

Ok, i have an issue with the above which has been stated a few times in this thread - the point is some of us, myself included, do not understand whether we DO "want" it or not, it just has a name that implies you should install it, the 'modder pack' attached on the end wasn't clear enough as to whether it is just for modders or not...ignoring the name, since it is just a name, instead considering the documentation that says something along the lines of 'it may well be needed for future mods' it sounds as though a player, not a modder, needs it as well.
If you don't mod, you probably won't notice it one way or another.

If you do, installing it can save you some time and get rid of annoying stuff like the "missing moraleai.ids" that pops up every time you launch DLTCEP. And I guess that applies to players who don't mod but use editors to look at stuff. If none of that applies, there's no real reason to install it, but you can always read the docs and decide that for yourself.

As for "does it break anything?" I have had issues with the new gtimes.ids entries and other mods, but I can't verify whether the problem was with the Super Happy pack or the other mods.

Maybe someone should move these other posts to a "flame wars" topic :crazyeyes:.

By the way, even when I post as guest, I'll happily put my username on. I have nothing to hide. My laptop doesn't have the password memorized, only the desktop pc has the autologin enabled.

Right... so you were able to quote the PM I sent you... from memory... sure.

Guest Guest_temujin_*
Right... so you were able to quote the PM I sent you... from memory... sure.

actually, I'm now posting as guest just to rub it in, looks like it's certainly working. :crazyeyes:

How's that 'I'll happily shut up now.' working out for ya? :groucho:

Whoa...This thread hasn't been locked yet, or moved to Noobermeet? :crazyeyes:

somebody has to comb out and preserve the 5% on-original-topic posts, and I bet nobody wants to waste time on that. I have the power to do this for whatever reason, but I 1) lack the willingness to re-read everything and find stuff to preserve 2) don't want to take moderator-level decisions apart from deleting blatant spam.

Yeah. I took myself out of fixpackers, but I'd honestly just lock it at this point.

We are aware of the criticisms of the modder pack (actually, I bet a good deal of them come from me!). If you are not positive that you need to install this component, then you do not need to install it and shouldn't install it. It will do nothing for you except increase the number of files in override.

Archived