IWD - Light Crossbows Fix

Guest Andor

Guest Andor

In IWD (with ToL) Thieves can take light crossbow proficiency but all the light crossbows are marked as unusable by Thieves! I've modified them in my game to allow Thief and Mage Thief to use but thought that this probably belonged in Assorted Fixes.

The affected crossbows are:

DAISY

XBOW04

ULXBW2A

ULXBW3A

ULXBW3B

ULXBW5A

XBOW05 (Light Crossbow +1) doesn't appear to be used in the game.

I'm not sure thieves are supposed to be able to use crossbows, but if they are, then this one also needs to be fixed. It may not be in TotL, but it could well be used in the basic IWD only install. They dropped a lot of items with HoW.

Guest Andor

I'm not sure thieves are supposed to be able to use crossbows, but if they are, then this one also needs to be fixed. It may not be in TotL, but it could well be used in the basic IWD only install. They dropped a lot of items with HoW.

I think you may be right about thieves not being meant to use crossbows. I'm struggling to understand how my elven thief managed to take the crossbows proficiency though!

The Light Crossbow +1 is only assigned to the TEST store - none of the in-game ones.

In IWD1 thieves aren't allowed to use crossbows. In my mod I fixed this, so that they could use light crossbows only. It is only a matter of allowing thieves to gain proficiency point in crossbows and editing light crossbows so that they are usable by them.

Archived