Smarter beholders

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hello,

I'm wanting to have both quest pack and SCS II installed, so just wondering if it's okay to install the miscallaneous enhancements from QP, since there's no option to skip particular components of it, as well as the SCS II one?

Will SCS one just overwrite the QP one if i install scs after qp?

Or, i could just skip the scs component to be on the safe side, especially since you say that scs one is taken from qp in some regards in the readme?

For that matter, any other clashes with AI...will scs just overwrite and should be safe to use?

Hello,

I'm wanting to have both quest pack and SCS II installed, so just wondering if it's okay to install the miscallaneous enhancements from QP, since there's no option to skip particular components of it, as well as the SCS II one?

Will SCS one just overwrite the QP one if i install scs after qp?

Or, i could just skip the scs component to be on the safe side, especially since you say that scs one is taken from qp in some regards in the readme?

For that matter, any other clashes with AI...will scs just overwrite and should be safe to use?

SCSII overwrites QP AI harmlessly. The SCSII beholder AI is completely different from the QP version; only the contents of the lair are borrowed.

May I say that, if what I saw regarding beholder's telekinesis in the .tra file for V6 is true, I'm going to worship you? ;) How's handled? I hope they have only a % chance to do it, based on their level (e.g. Gauths 20%, Beholders 50%, Elder Orbs 80%).

P.S Are Vampires, Mummies and Humber Hulks correctly using a gaze.pro with SCS? I don't remember if this was fixed by QP or FixPack. :laugh: I'm asking this because I want to change Shield of Balduran into a Mirroring Shield, nerfing its chance of reflecting rays and gazes to 60%.

May I say that, if what I saw regarding beholder's telekinesis in the .tra file for V6 is true, I'm going to worship you? ;) How's handled?

30% chance per round after the second round. Not dependent on beholder type (good idea, though).

P.S Are Vampires, Mummies and Humber Hulks correctly using a gaze.pro with SCS? I don't remember if this was fixed by QP or FixPack.

I haven't changed anything, so I'm not sure. (Mummies and Umber Hulks aren't touched by SCSII at all, in fact.

:laugh: I'm asking this because I want to change Shield of Balduran into a Mirroring Shield, nerfing its chance of reflecting rays and gazes to 60%.

Harder to do than you might think. Just setting the effect probability to 60 won't work (that just means that, when you equip it, there's a 60% chance it works.)

Harder to do than you might think. Just setting the effect probability to 60 won't work (that just means that, when you equip it, there's a 60% chance it works.)
I think Zyraen did something like this...I'll see what I can do about it. Anyway if your implementation of telekinesis works fine the effect probability could remain 100 without being overpowered anymore imo. Have you considered players may still pause the game and re-equip the shield as soon as it's dropped? I don't know if it's feasible to prevent it somehow, maybe putting the item in the beholder's inventory? :laugh:
Telekinesis?

While I like the idea (as it's per PnP rules) I hope that it doesn't end up unintentionally pushing people through walls and doors.

I recognise the risk! - but in fact beholders seldom get encountered in areas with doors, so I think we're okay. In any event they've had a general telekinesis power since v1 and I haven't had complaints yet (whereas when I gave Smite to Fire Giants, I pretty soon heard of that causing trouble).

Archived