Amber Mod Bugged

Guest Digital

Guest Digital

Ok so I exited the Copper Coronet, and Amber gets captured by some mages.

I went to slavers and killed them and got the map to the next part. I went outside after watching some gladiator who was a prisoner (that I rescued) kill the bar owner. I exited the Coronet and THERE IS AMBER WAITING FOR ME saying where have you been? I let her join my party thinking that was the end of the quest.

So then I tried the map and it teleported me to an area and I met some woman named Lorraine. I spared her life and went inside, killed a VERY strong Demon, then killed the Sorcerer in the basement and released Lorraine's son with a soul gem.

Then Lorraine said I should find Amber in a room near some stairs and she completely did not notice Amber was already in my party. I went up the stairs and there was nothing but bodies and mentioned something about a spear breaking a chest (Amber is still in my party the entire time).

The problem was Amber was in my party during the entire quest to actually save her (maybe this was intentional and she escapes and rejoins you at the Coronet?) Amber's romance seemed to have stopped dead after rejoining my party when I exited the Copper Coronet.

I haven't progressed with the quest further I'm afraid I'm going to really bug it and wind up with two Ambers..all her original inventory duplicated into my friend's inventory when she left the first time, and when she rejoined she had all her gear that was placed in my friend's inventory still. This is so messed up =(

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

That's definitely shouldn't be happening! :laugh:

When I played BG2 for the very first time (ToB hadn't been released yet and I had never heard the word 'mod'), when Imoen was kidnapped by Irenicus, she was both carried away and stayed in my party. I reloaded and exited the dungeon again and this time things went as they should. So, double features can happen in the original game just because of a hiccup on the engine.

However, that doesn't explain why Amber would appear on the slums area. Maybe the script that takes her away failed to do so and she just sprouted the next dialogue she had available (which is the rejoining dialogue after the quest) when you re-entered the area. Could you load an earlier save, either before the kidnapping or after the slavers, before you enter the slums?

Guest Digital

Just tried all my save games before the kidnapping occurs, it happened everytime =( she is always waiting at the Copper Coronet once I get the map and head out.

Okay, can I have a copy of your savegame (preferably before she's kidnapped) and a copy of your weidu.log - you can send them to amber@welho.net If you are using any non-weidu mods please let me know.

Unfortunately I can't promise that I dig into this problem immediately, but I try to do it soon. However, I'm somewhat doubtful that it's a problem directly in Amber mod since the kidnapping has worked flawlessly for so many other users. You never know, though.

Guest Guest
....I'm somewhat doubtful that it's a problem directly in Amber mod since the kidnapping has worked flawlessly for so many other users. You never know, though.

Indeed, I can vouch for that. I headed for the Copper Coronet immediately to get Amoen after the kidnaping and she wasn't there.

Archived