WS Mod not compatible with 3d acceleration?

Guest Bryan

Guest Bryan

Hi Bigg,

Wondering if WS Mod not compatible with 3d acceleration? Everything becomes a flickering mess when I turn 3d acceleration on.

I have the BG Compilation, installed EasyTUTU, then WS mod. I have a Nvidia 8800GTS.

Appreciate any advice. :laugh:

Guest Guest
The readme and pinned threads say what you need to know.

I've gone through them both before posting. The relevant parts I've gleaned are:

1. Create the Tutu installation first.

2. Point WS Mod to the Tutu Folder.

3. I run the game first, it works no problem, except for the black boxes around animations (like butterflies)

4. So I follow the advice in the Nvidia Series 8 thread:

'BG2(SoA+ToB, including Tutu, Classic Adventures, and Big Mods): there are various graphical issues (black boxes and/or randomly-colored lines across the screen), which are solved with the following tweaks in BGConfig: Hardware -> Enable 3D Acceleration. Display -> 32 bit. 2d & 3d options: enable 3D Animations, 3D Acceleration and 32 bit textures, disable the Disable Vertex Padding option.'

My sincere apologies if I've missed anything.

Guest Guest

Just to further explain - the actual in world, where the characters are presented, suffer no flickering at all. It's only the side bars and bottom action bars, as well as menus, that flicker like an epileptic nightmare.

Guest Guest

Ok I've gone through the pinned threads and the readme another time, I think the only thing I haven't monkeyed around with is the Forceware control panel. I'll try play around with that. Will report back here with the results.

Guest Guest

Ok it seems like it's not WS mod related at all - the flicker is there without it installed. Sorry to have wasted your time. However, the mod works a treat windowed, so thank you very much for this mod. :laugh:

Archived