Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modifikation Diskussion

jastey

Continue playing. I love your Ajantis, he is fresh and naive :) And dialogues about honor and duty are very good. One moment: he said about Gorion as PC foster father. But... PC is not know this until returning to Candlekeep. She thinks Gorion was her real father.

One moment: he said about Gorion as PC foster father. But... PC is not know this until returning to Candlekeep. She thinks Gorion was her real father.
Actually, part of the introduction (the part that plays after rolling up your character, but before you actually get control of him/her) seems to imply that CHARNAME knows, or at least suspects, that Gorion's not his/her true father. Also from that same sequence:
You have been told that you are an orphan, but your past is largely unknown.

I fear the "CombatCounter" simulation is not failproof, alas. :)

Could you quote the beginnings of the dialogues? (The "looking at the stars" dialogue starts with a request for rest, so I am a bit confused). What do you mean with "random encounter"?

I fear the "CombatCounter" simulation is not failproof, alas

I saw this twice :) The first LT (we battle with xvarts), and during traveling from Iron Thron Mines through Cloakwoods.

Could you quote the beginnings of the dialogues?

No, sorry. I don't remember.

What do you mean with "random encounter"?

Battle with two viverns. First the LT about rest (because so dark - it was dark really!) started, and then about looking to the stars :D

I haven't any mods in my installation. And I'd like to ask: did you fix some things? I noticed key from Iron Mine become sellable, and boots-of-speed works with Spider's Bane...

And I'd like to ask: did you fix some things? I noticed key from Iron Mine become sellable, and boots-of-speed works with Spider's Bane...
No, that is not from this mod. All patching the mod does is to script files for variables triggering (area scripts and NPC scripts).

I am still confused: "It is dark" and "looking at the stars" is the same LT imho... Do you mean two separate LTs? Do you remember how the second one started? I will have a look at the LTs myself, but the "stars" one starts with "it is dark", too, so if you are talking about two different LTs I would have to study m yown lovetalks more carefully, as it seems.

I think I know what happened: The first one was a flirt, at sunset, that ended with Ajantis' request to look for a resting place. The second dialogue was a lovetalk. Presumably your party was travelling, or by mere coincidence, the two dialogues were triggered one after the other. I integrated a timer, so this won't hopefully happen again.

Thank you for reporting!

So, I finished. I love this mod very much :cool: My PC refuse to do anything wrong before wedding ;) , so Ajantis stay pure. And again: last LT occured during battle with Sarevok. May be it would be just before, after final save?

Thank you very much, jastey! Exelent pomance, very paladinish ;) And I waiting for your mod for BG2 ;)

Thank you very much, for your feedback, the kind words and the testing! Glad you liked it.

The last LT should fire the moment the party enters the Undercity. I am surprised it fired so late for you.

Well, simulating "CombatCounter()" isn't easy in BG1, as it seems. I'll see whether it can be improved, somehow.

Yes, that might be a good idea. I will have a look at the triggers, maybe I was plain stupid and added the wrong area check. :cool:

EDIT: No, that wasn't the case. Hm, pity, it would have been so easy. I see I check for "!See([ENEMY])" upon activating the dialogue, but not upon triggering. Maybe including the enemy check into the trigger block could prevent the dialogue to fire during combat.

Edited by jastey

Download updated to beta 0.2, link in the first post of this thread.

The "enemy detection" issues for BG1 is not dealt with yet, but other bugs and suggestions were fixed / incorporated (bugs fixed, suggestions incorporated).