I have Questions!

Sister Vigilante

Heya all, SisterV here!

I know I haven't been a very good parent to Angelo, what with my prodigality; but like my old country home, it's still on my mind from time to time. So, there are some things I wonder about re: your, the players', experience of it. Such as...

-How were the fights? Too hard? Too easy? Good dramatically, nae sah good?

-Do any of the items actually prove useful? Or conversely, are any way too powerful/cheap/easy to get?

-Can anyone actually source all of Angelo's fake "first love" stories? (all the derivations are from a common, err, artistic genre, except for the first which is just a gag, and one which is a folk tale)

-Have people mined all the content including

-the full quest from *minor spoilers in this line* three bounty hunters, to Sawara, to Ginpachi, to Suu in ToB and Ginpachi in ToB

-the payoff of the Sarevok "quest" involving an explanation of why Angelo has that emerald when you pick him up

-bonus romance scene in Amkethran

-"options" for males with Suu in Amkethran

-Anything else that was especially liked or disliked?

Thnx for indulging me, if you're so inclined :laugh:

Cheers,

SV

Guest -Anonymous-

At this point my first game (male Kensai) is still in the Underdark and hasn't even visited Firkraag's lair yet, and my second (priestess of Talos, evil little tart who wishes there was a "ongoing casual sex" relationship option) is even further back, doing "her" quest for the Temple against the Unseeing Eye.

But I'll be sure to let you know.

Guest Sophia

(Spoilers ahead.)

I think it's a great mod. :laugh:

The fights are at the same level difficulty-wise as others in the unmodded game, which I think is just right.

The katana that Sawara wanted is the only weapon I held on to. It might be that I'd found or purchased more powerful ones at that point in the game, so the others weren't as useful as they might otherwise have been.

I recognised the tentacle demon and Battle Royale references - very funny. ;)

I think I've mined all of the content for female PCs, or at least will do soon (am still in Saradush). It's pretty good so far.

I like very much how much a challenge Angelo is during the initial stages of the romance.

Dislikes: The armour! I understand the character reasons behind not being able to remove it, but it is very annoying.

I had a very personal reaction to the 'surprise wedding' in Saradush, in that it felt much too rushed, serious and unromantic. An engagement made during a conversation dialogue, yes; but an actual wedding... The only reason I went along with that path was that I read in the Read Me that it was necessary to continue the romance. I did like the other party members' responses to it, though. And as I said, it was just a personal reaction.

Guest DeepO

Character-wise, Angelo is easily the coolest mod NPC available. My male skald was really glad to have him around.

Fights were OK. without Insect Plague, Sawara may be quite a toughie.

Suu option was very welcomed and Imogen encounter was probably the funniest thing which ever happened to me in BG. Drinking and especially drug abusing was a nice touch.

Angelo's ToB content is well developed and I am very grateful for every NPC which balances all those fighting with quality dialogues.

I am looking forward to Xan-Angelo banters, those two have almost opposite personalities, so there is certainly a lot of potential.

Angelo's weapons are useful, that's for sure, though I coilnd't resist to better his dual wielding skills to make him more effective with the Celestial Soul of the Deep Fury.

Just out of curiosity, I started ToB with a female character to hear his romance theme music and it sounds very tasty and emotionally not superficial, so I can only imagine how deep girls are destined to dig him.

PIDs were also highly satisfactory and I simply have to send to my non-balduring friends his fake story with the bow aimed at yourself.

I don't know shit about references, probably because there was none to 8 1/2 or Au Hasard Balthazar, but enjoyed his stories nevertheless.

Now, I'd like to talk about things I wasn't happy about, but sadly I can't because I forgot them all so I guess they were fairly minor. Eh, now I remember one - you have to work on those middle tones while singing SisterV, or were they intentionally false, heh?

All in all, Angelo is probably the only mod NPC with which, if existed in real life, I'd be happy to wate myself beering which certainly means something.

When I'll play Shadows of Xan again, Angelo will be ther for a ride, that's for sure.

And since I can't play ToB without Longer Road Irenicus, now I have only one spot in my party left for some creative juggling, so boo on you. I simply can't play the expansion without PC, Sarevok, Irenicus, Angelo and Xan because otherwise my computer-game hedonism wouldn't be fully satisfied.

Thank you for making Angelo, he is a great and distinctive NPC!!

While I'm at it I'd also like to thank Kulyok for being very unsuccesful at coding buggy mods.

Any more questions?

Btw

When I'll play Shadows of Xan again, Angelo will be ther for a ride, that's for sure.

Myahahahaha! :laugh:

While I'm at it I'd also like to thank Kulyok for being very unsuccesful at coding buggy mods.

Aw, thanks! Now that you say it, I'm tempted to code a very buggy mod just so my career is complete. (Does Improved Bent Hammer sound good?) Anyway, for the time being, I make up for working mods with horrible stories. ;)

And, yeah, it's been quite a while since the last Crossmod version - hopefully v8 with Xan-Angelo content(and just more crossmod content in general) will follow soon.

Guest Guest

Yeah, I've already written a review for it.

Extreme amount of typos compensate for an overall awful storyline, the quest itself is record-breakingly short and despite the other bugs, it's also completely incompatible with both Baldurdash and G3 Fixpack. The reward for finishing it is severely unbalancing, but happily the game crashes to desktop immediately after retrieving it. Thus Unimproved Thorgal (with additional shortened dialogue sequence) v12 is rather nasty surprise in Kulyok's catalogue and I can recommend it only to players of Planescape:Torment because it won't install on it.

Guest -Anonymous-

Yeah that's one thing I can agree on at this point, the Angelo romance theme is VERY soothing.

(I have mod ideas in my head and I would ask Kulyok to try to code it for me except a) It would be WAY too much material and b) She would recognize my real scren name from when I was on the attic and promptly code me a blue screen of death for being such an ***.)

*also spoilers, as per reply*

Ah, thanks all! ;)

Now that I think of it...I'm afraid there are no references to cinematic classics in Angelo, but for bonus points, can anyone tell me

a) where the name of the Soul of the Deep comes from?

b) where the name of the Black Lizard clan comes from?

c) where Angelo's romance theme comes from?

(priestess of Talos, evil little tart who wishes there was a "ongoing casual sex" relationship option)

You know the funny thing is, there originally was! I thought it was more than in line with Angelo's character to be able to go down that road. The trouble was...I tried, but I couldn't really write it. Probably because in fact, I'm more full of sap than a Canadian maple. I reasoned that if I didn't enjoy writing something, people probably wouldn't enjoy playing through it...

Dislikes: The armour! I understand the character reasons behind not being able to remove it, but it is very annoying.

You're not alone :D As much as a character thing, though, to me it was a balance issue--since it seems to me Angelo's build (from his class to his stats) is actually rather beefy. The armor keeps him from dying too easily near the beginning (since it's better than anything you can buy at the time) but slows him down a bit toward the end when he could be wearing AC0 chain--at least, ideally.

I had a very personal reaction to the 'surprise wedding' in Saradush, in that it felt much too rushed, serious and unromantic. An engagement made during a conversation dialogue, yes; but an actual wedding... The only reason I went along with that path was that I read in the Read Me that it was necessary to continue the romance. I did like the other party members' responses to it, though. And as I said, it was just a personal reaction.

Yeah, I sort of wish I could have teased it out more. The dialogue that preceeds it (right at the beginning of ToB) I think has a similiar effect. Of course partly it's supposed to--Angelo isn't the smoothest operator--but the two events are part of an ongoing dialogue that was difficult to present in its entirety (although one might argue that I could have tried)...

But in any case, to paraphrase Stephen King: "Writing violence is easy. Writing romance is hard."

The Last Regrets armour is a Kanon reference (well the name of it, anyway).

I love you so much Jadefang!!

But, I worry that maybe it's not sufficiently obvious how much I love Kanon. Maybe my avatar (and the previous one), the link in my sig, and the dozen-plus references in Angelo fall short of the mark. I should probably change my handle as well...now--

*spoiler for Kanon, not for Angelo*

It did occur to me not long after Angelo "shipped" that I had effectively ruined the first part of Kanon's double-barreled surprise ending with another reference in there--much as I earlier ruined The Brothers Karamazov for everyone who read Fury...but in my defense, it's not the *whole* surprise of the ending, and it's only the second most tragic and moving surprise in Kanon...

MA-KO-TO!!! YOU WERE TOO BEAUTIFUL FOR THIS WORLD!!

:laugh::D;)

Oh what a rogue and peasant slave am I, I think that moved me more than anything that's happened to me or mine in real life.

(It seems to me that people who like Kanon really, really like it. Of course I have only myself and Fred Gallagher as a reference. Well, the guy who put it on YouTube also says it's his "favorite")

Guest DeepO

Just to keep this rolling a bit...

a) I've read somewhere that "just as the code of the samurai is the soul of Japan, the sword is the soul of the samurai", I bet it has to do something with it :laugh:

Or is it the reference to that Nihon-tou katana?

b) Maybe Kuru Tokage, that film from the 60's?

c) Now, that's a truly hard core question! How do I google this? ;)

Sorry for double post, but Samurai Shamploo. I win!

Champloo. Samurai Champloo. :laugh:

I really enjoyed the mod. I liked the fact that for once it wasn't a "smitten at first sight" situation. The writing was excellent and the quests were just the right length. I love the character and the fact that there is a lot of pseudo-Japanese stuff along with the mod, since I am (like I suspect others of you are) a bit of a Japanophile/anime geek.

The wedding thing also bothered me a little bit, but it was mostly because I "heard the scream" from the temple right as I stepped out of the inn. How the heck would the priestess know where I was, or that I was in hearing range of the scream? Was she just standing there screaming every couple of seconds? ;)

Maybe instead Angelo could insist upon going to the temple to give thanks to one of the Karaturan gods because it is that god's holy day and despite the fact that it is a temple dedicated to another god he figures it will be close enough and can we please just go there so Something Awful doesn't happen?

Alternatively, either he or one of the other NPCs (Imoen, Minsc, Haer'Dalis, Jan?) could fake being really sick and insist upon being taken to the temple.

Ooo, and if possible, could you write something for Angelo to interject if Turnabout is installed? I'm specifically thinking if PC chooses to summon Yoshimo, even more if PC chooses to give Yoshimo his life back.

And I've already put in the request for some lines with Nathaniel, although I don't know who really does all that crossmod banter stuff.

Guest Guest
a) I've read somewhere that "just as the code of the samurai is the soul of Japan, the sword is the soul of the samurai", I bet it has to do something with it :(

:borg: Ooh sorry, I was looking for something a bit more specific...

b) Maybe Kuru Tokage, that film from the 60's?

Bingo!

Champloo. Samurai Champloo. :D

Bingo! (the funny thing is, I couldn't actually tell you where it plays in the show. I just bought the soundtrack and found it on there...Anyone who could tell me that would truly be the nonpareil)

The wedding thing also bothered me a little bit, but it was mostly because I "heard the scream" from the temple right as I stepped out of the inn. How the heck would the priestess know where I was, or that I was in hearing range of the scream? Was she just standing there screaming every couple of seconds?

Hmm, might have been a glitch actually...I think it was supposed to trigger when you got close to the temple (implying she sees you out a window or something). I like the other suggestions, though :D

Ooo, and if possible, could you write something for Angelo to interject if Turnabout is installed? I'm specifically thinking if PC chooses to summon Yoshimo, even more if PC chooses to give Yoshimo his life back.

Hmm...Do other custom NPCs interject? I could look into it, sure...

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it!

Oh by the way, as far as singing goes--in a way it might sound better than it's supposed to :party: Angelo's singing is "loud and off-key"(as per a romance dialogue), but my mic could only handle so much volume and, ironically, I'm not a good enough singer to know how to convincingly mangle a tune. So I just sung normally and sort of let it "slip" in places, not sure how it turned out...

Bingo! (the funny thing is, I couldn't actually tell you where it plays in the show. I just bought the soundtrack and found it on there...Anyone who could tell me that would truly be the nonpareil)

Hrm, it's been awhile since I've seen it. If you're really that interested, I could start re-watching the series and see where it pops up first. I'm sure it is used more than once though, since that's how it is in most anime.

Actually, I probably will anyway. I don't need much of an excuse to watch anime, especially good anime.

Hmm...Do other custom NPCs interject? I could look into it, sure...

That I'm not sure of. Kelsey does, maybe. But mostly its the Bioware NPCs who have specific ties to the person being resurrected.

Archived