I have Questions!

Sister Vigilante

And now I've finished and you somehow succeeded in making me weep like a small child. I feel like such a puss! It's not that the epilogue is sad, as such - without giving anything away, things worked out pretty well for them, all things considered - but I found it profoundly moving in a way I did not expect. The only other game to come close is Planescape: Torment - the final sequence and Ravel saying "what can change the nature of a man?" always brings a lump to my throat.

Given I've been playing CRPGs for 20 years now, that's quite some achievement.

:p Thank you.

That is all kinds of great to hear.

Okay, the rest of my -Anonymous- review is earlier in this thread. All of that still applies.

With this run through, again, the Sawara quest doesn't start at all if you don't CLUA in the relevant people. That includes Pierre the black lotus addict. I don't know if that also applies to Ginpachi in SOA, as I sold the sword (which Suu was properly shocked at). My current SOA game (male fighter, plus Auren as well as Angelo) will look into that.

That said, when I finally did go head to head with Ginpachi in TOB, he wasn't that tough. After Sawara he was almost a cakewalk. He reminded me of the "chosen of Cyric" fight in the pocket plane. All you gotta do is survive the backstab.

I didn't mind (or more accurately my female monk didn't mind) the marriage in Saradush, but at first when I went in the tavern, I couldn't find him, due to his armor looking almost exactly like that of the Gromnir toughs. So it was a couple of game days before Kai Cheng found her "lost" love and they went to church! I wonder what the priestess thought... :)

The Sarevok/Imoen/Angelo dialogue was pretty good. Especially the "little sister" dialogue Angelo and Imoen later have. HA! I did think that, while funny, the Angelo/Sarevok dialogue about their mirrors in the pocket plane was still too short. You'd think both of them would be more creeped out by it. Charname too, come to that.

Angelo stutters a bit after the fourth Bhaalspawn is killed (wether it's Abazigal or Sendai.) If I hadn't gone over to talk to him, I'd never have known what was going on. That dialogue about "You did it" doesn't initiate on it's own, so things get kinda clunky for a second.

The Angelo/Aerie "injury" dialogue reminds me startlingly of a similar one between Aerie and Irenicus in Longer Road, though that is specifically triggered by damage to Jon and this one just seems to happen regardless.

I wasn't entirely sure which answer meant "im staying with you" on the Throne so I said "yes", which was apparently the right answer. Angelo's "Thank you," was heartfelt.

I like how Sarevok tries to make amends with Angelo, and Angelo barely tolerates it. I think that's the most realistic response to Sarevok's redemption I've seen anywhere, ever.

Lots of good stuff here, I'll be playing Angelo for a while yet.

And yes, I do still use "chief" in daily conversation. :)

I didn't mind (or more accurately my female monk didn't mind) the marriage in Saradush, but at first when I went in the tavern, I couldn't find him, due to his armor looking almost exactly like that of the Gromnir toughs. So it was a couple of game days before Kai Cheng found her "lost" love and they went to church! I wonder what the priestess thought... :thumbsup:

===

The Sarevok/Imoen/Angelo dialogue was pretty good. Especially the "little sister" dialogue Angelo and Imoen later have. HA! I did think that, while funny, the Angelo/Sarevok dialogue about their mirrors in the pocket plane was still too short. You'd think both of them would be more creeped out by it. Charname too, come to that.

===

And yes, I do still use "chief" in daily conversation. :thumbsup:

Onscreen tab? Annoying in combat when it brings up your party health rather than showing you how dead the monster is; useful for telling which of the 50 identical sprites on screen are YOURS.

Or maybe he was just having a bachelor party...

===

I want an option to laugh hysterically when you see him in the pocket plane. But in a gentle fun way not a mean way. Or maybe say something really sarcastic, like "does the carpet match the curtains?"

===

Me too ¬.¬

Also, I know it's not the same actress, but I couldn't stop thinking of Suu as "Miho"

I've just given Angelo another spin (v3 this time) with different NPCs in party. Still as good as ever.

I'll reiterate what Zavrian says above about the slight stutter and "you did it!" dialogue - same happened to me. I'd actually gone over there to flirt with him and he came back with that instead. I wasn't sure if it was an Angelo problem or because I was running Wheels of Prophecy, but yes, does seem to be Angie. It's hardly a big issue, but probably something to fix for v4.

Just interested in the endings. Of course, being the sucker I am, I went for the romantic ending again, but as I'd downloaded Infinity Explorer, I took a peek at the other endings. Just curious as to whether [spoiler - highlight to read] the hanging ending is the one you get if you romance him and then ascend - even if you become a good god. If so, ouch! What looked like the non-romantic ending was quite cheery, though.

:D Noted.

I should come clean, though, that at the moment (due to various RL complications) nobody is really available to work on the next version. It might still happen at some point, so I'll file this away for then...

I'd like to thank everyone, again, for their continuing interest in and support of the mod! It's been about a year since Angelo came out, and that's...about 365 days?

Cheers,

SV

I've just given Angelo another spin (v3 this time) with different NPCs in party. Still as good as ever.

I'll reiterate what Zavrian says above about the slight stutter and "you did it!" dialogue - same happened to me. I'd actually gone over there to flirt with him and he came back with that instead. I wasn't sure if it was an Angelo problem or because I was running Wheels of Prophecy, but yes, does seem to be Angie. It's hardly a big issue, but probably something to fix for v4.

Just interested in the endings. Of course, being the sucker I am, I went for the romantic ending again, but as I'd downloaded Infinity Explorer, I took a peek at the other endings. Just curious as to whether [spoiler - highlight to read] the hanging ending is the one you get if you romance him and then ascend - even if you become a good god. If so, ouch! What looked like the non-romantic ending was quite cheery, though.

I just wanted to say hello... I finally registered in the G3 forums because this is the first time I really felt a desire to post. I just kinda wanted to share my reaction to the mod and I hope this is the right place for it. :p

This was my first run-through with Angelo installed. I was looking for a couple of new NPCs to add some variety and got Angelo on a whim when I was actually here for Amber, expecting nothing but a bit of entertaining content and banters, but not necessarily to keep either of them around the entire time. In fact, I picked up Angelo spectacularly late while fully planning not to take him to Spellhold with me. I wasn't impressed with him being a fighter/mage (did revise that opinion later after I learned how to handle that combination more effectively) and figured I'd just do his quests, get a couple of NPC interactions and drop him again.

Boy was I in for a surprise. Having tried several romances before that were all only of very mild interest to me, I had planned on a run-through complete without romance, and despite the fact that this is the only romance I've encountered that doesn't even get going unless the PC takes the initiative, Angelo suckered me in anyway. I think it was his "spring in Kara-Tur" talk with Yoshimo that first made me realize that there was quite a bit of depth to the character that I hadn't expected. Well, he made me laugh and he made me think, and I ended up keeping him around until the ToB ending, at which point, though I'd fully planned to do the good ascension ending (only one I hadn't done yet) I did not have the heart to tell him no, and then I shed a few tears at the epilogue anyway. :worship:

Point being...um, great mod. Keep it up, and thank you very much.

Ooh, and I have one quick question: I noticed the comment in the readme about Haer'Dalis after it was apparently already too late to get him to interact with the romance (or maybe I wasn't patient enough). When, approximately, does he need to be around for that payoff I'm so curious about? After the romance is committed, or before? Should he be around as soon as I pick up Angelo?

Thank you! :worship::p I guess now we have proof that Angelo can in fact win over the slightly skeptical, which is after all the PC's assumed relation to him. Really this is all very fitting.

As for the Haer'Dalis thing, I may as well make no secret of it since I'd love to see as many people mine the content as possible before IE mods become permanently obsolete (but still, if you'd rather not know, spoiler):

If you have HD in your party on the wedding night, an extra scene will trigger (to which Anomen will also contribute if you have him). I make no bones about considering this one of the funniest things in the mod. For those to whom it makes slightly less than perfect sense this may help

I just wanted to say hello... I finally registered in the G3 forums because this is the first time I really felt a desire to post. I just kinda wanted to share my reaction to the mod and I hope this is the right place for it. :p

This was my first run-through with Angelo installed. I was looking for a couple of new NPCs to add some variety and got Angelo on a whim when I was actually here for Amber, expecting nothing but a bit of entertaining content and banters, but not necessarily to keep either of them around the entire time. In fact, I picked up Angelo spectacularly late while fully planning not to take him to Spellhold with me. I wasn't impressed with him being a fighter/mage (did revise that opinion later after I learned how to handle that combination more effectively) and figured I'd just do his quests, get a couple of NPC interactions and drop him again.

Boy was I in for a surprise. Having tried several romances before that were all only of very mild interest to me, I had planned on a run-through complete without romance, and despite the fact that this is the only romance I've encountered that doesn't even get going unless the PC takes the initiative, Angelo suckered me in anyway. I think it was his "spring in Kara-Tur" talk with Yoshimo that first made me realize that there was quite a bit of depth to the character that I hadn't expected. Well, he made me laugh and he made me think, and I ended up keeping him around until the ToB ending, at which point, though I'd fully planned to do the good ascension ending (only one I hadn't done yet) I did not have the heart to tell him no, and then I shed a few tears at the epilogue anyway. ;)

Point being...um, great mod. Keep it up, and thank you very much.

Ooh, and I have one quick question: I noticed the comment in the readme about Haer'Dalis after it was apparently already too late to get him to interact with the romance (or maybe I wasn't patient enough). When, approximately, does he need to be around for that payoff I'm so curious about? After the romance is committed, or before? Should he be around as soon as I pick up Angelo?

Thank you! :) :) I guess now we have proof that Angelo can in fact win over the slightly skeptical, which is after all the PC's assumed relation to him. Really this is all very fitting.

As for the Haer'Dalis thing, I may as well make no secret of it since I'd love to see as many people mine the content as possible before IE mods become permanently obsolete (but still, if you'd rather not know, spoiler):

If you have HD in your party on the wedding night, an extra scene will trigger (to which Anomen will also contribute if you have him). I make no bones about considering this one of the funniest things in the mod. For those to whom it makes slightly less than perfect sense this may help

I finally got to that part in the new game, and I have to say I was sitting there giggling so hard my husband thought there was something wrong with me. Sarevok's reaction tends to crack me up, too (even though I don't think it's really supposed to), but "I will kill you, Haer'Dalis!" had something special about it. :)

I finally tried out the romance conflict, too, and I have a question about it: There was one talk where Anomen and Angelo start out babbling about the weather (while we were staking vampires in the crypts, of all things) and Angelo accuses Anomen of looking at him funny, and he finally says he won't subject himself to that weirdness. I assumed it was part of the romance conflict. Is that the end of the conflict for SoA? It seemed an odd finish and I kept expecting that either of them would follow up on it somehow.

I'll also try to get the Sarevok content this time. I've never been able to change his alignment yet, I have no idea why. The talks just won't come up for me even with CTRL-I-ing like crazy shortly before the end of the game. Kind of annoying.

;) If I recall, the "romance conflict," such as it is, consists of (minor spoiler)

-the talk with Anomen where he demands that you choose

-that awkward moment between Angelo and Anomen you mention

-Anomen acting up at the wedding (and getting drunk later)

-Anomen apologizing for acting up at the wedding

That's really all there is...My reasoning behind this (I'm fairly sure, although I can't absolutely vouch, it was more than just "my being lazy") was that for his part, Angelo wouldn't be likely to initiate any kind of conflict; the PC has enough trouble hooking him as is. For Anomen's part--well, the readme for the Kelsey mod (which has an extensive conflict) points out that "Kelsey and Anomen like the same type of girl," which is emphatically _not_ true for Angelo and Anomen. I imagine Anomen is so put off by the mere idea of the PC being attracted to Angelo that he doesn't fight too hard; although it ends up irking him so much that he can't keep his mouth shut for one moment in ToB. I imagine also that partly what Anomen is reacting to in ToB is a perceived defamation of the marriage ceremony. Finally I just tend to read Anomen's character as being a touch shyer (at least when it comes to romance) than, for example, Jason Compton seems to--and of course we have no way of "knowing," since there's no competing romance in the original game...

Basically (and somewhat ironically, for someone who authored one of the few competing romances) I like Anomen; and wasn't all that eager to set him and Angelo against each other. I think they end up on fairly good terms; although another thing I really like is how Angelo reacts when Anomen is knighted

Now, I see that Angelo's crossmod content with Xan was just released. As I recall there's so little conflict between Athkatla's two least eligible (in the sense of hardest to bag) bachelors that it becomes a bizzare sort of anti-conflict...

Thank you! :) :) I guess now we have proof that Angelo can in fact win over the slightly skeptical, which is after all the PC's assumed relation to him. Really this is all very fitting.

I finally got to that part in the new game, and I have to say I was sitting there giggling so hard my husband thought there was something wrong with me. Sarevok's reaction tends to crack me up, too (even though I don't think it's really supposed to), but "I will kill you, Haer'Dalis!" had something special about it. :)

I finally tried out the romance conflict, too, and I have a question about it: There was one talk where Anomen and Angelo start out babbling about the weather (while we were staking vampires in the crypts, of all things) and Angelo accuses Anomen of looking at him funny, and he finally says he won't subject himself to that weirdness. I assumed it was part of the romance conflict. Is that the end of the conflict for SoA? It seemed an odd finish and I kept expecting that either of them would follow up on it somehow.

I'll also try to get the Sarevok content this time. I've never been able to change his alignment yet, I have no idea why. The talks just won't come up for me even with CTRL-I-ing like crazy shortly before the end of the game. Kind of annoying.

Guest Guest

I was just playing through with Xan and Angelo, and noticed that while the crossmod banter pack does have content between them, you can't ask Angelo his thoughts on Xan. Is that going to be included at some stage?

His armor. I understand why we can't remove it, but surely it could be upgraded to something more effective later? Maybe the enhancement is dropped by the mages outside F's lair?

Or perhaps in ToB you could get Cespenar to 'add a patch' to the armor (perhaps a female PC's wedding gift of her own).

I was just playing through with Xan and Angelo, and noticed that while the crossmod banter pack does have content between them, you can't ask Angelo his thoughts on Xan. Is that going to be included at some stage?

Hmm now if I recall, Kulyok (Xan's author) didn't want it, but I don't remember why; there might have been a coding issue between the two mods (and since she coded them both she would know about that). Anyway I do hope it becomes clear what Angelo does think about Xan :blush: (and vice versa)

His armor.

Or perhaps in ToB you could get Cespenar to 'add a patch' to the armor (perhaps a female PC's wedding gift of her own).

This is actually a super-good idea--one I wish I'd thought of at the time. Of course, there already was a lot of fancy stuff to code, so it might have been the straw that broke the camel's back; but in case more work ever does get done, I'll keep this in mind (there are after all the dragon scales and everything: no need to even create more "ingredients")

Archived