I have Questions!

Sister Vigilante

Guest Guest

SV, I never got to meet Ginpachi in SOA because a) I sold the sword and b) Right after dealing with Sawara I found out that the comuter crashing problem I have was NOT relegated to the CRPGMMO I also play, but affected BG as well, so at that point I would have to pack it up and call it a day.

--Anonymous--

I really like the one with "youse guys" in it, but anything would give him the idea, really.

Omigawd, does he really say that? All I vaguely remembered was the first line in the "kangaroo court" scene (something like "so these are the famous murderers...") and of course: "Justice may be blind...but I'm not."

SV, I never got to meet Ginpachi in SOA because a) I sold the sword and b) Right after dealing with Sawara I found out that the comuter crashing problem I have was NOT relegated to the CRPGMMO I also play, but affected BG as well, so at that point I would have to pack it up and call it a day.

--Anonymous--

Ah, gotcha...

Well I did the fight, finally...Still in chapter 2 albeit the tail end of, with all the major quests done. At this point I have a Ring of the Ram and Angelo can cast one level 7 spell, so I picked Hakeasher.

Spoiler tactics...

As soon as the dialogue finished, Valygar used his ring of the Ram to blast Sawara back into the kitchen. Viconia summoned Kitthix and my figher PC (carrying the staff of fire) summoned a fire elemental.

Sawara cast time stop but didn't know what to do with it as he had nothing in his line of sight (lol).

I'd kitted Angelo out with Vhailor's Helm and the sword of lameness, Celestial Fury. Real Angelo summoned the Hakeasher and fake Angelo whaled on one of the foxes with his sword. My PC took on Hayate while Val stayed back and shot him full of arrows.

Had to run away with my PC for a bit and let Viconia heal me, casting another fire ele which Hayate attacked. This allowed the party to finish off him and the two foxes before nipping into the kitchen. Sawara was busy with the summons so I had Viconia cast true sight, Angelo cast breach and then smacked Sawara down. It was actually one of the fire eles who got the kill. :crazyeyes:

I've subsequently met Ginpachi - I let Angelo choose what to do with the sword and he opted to keep it. So more fun to come, hmm?

Loving this mod thus far. I think the only problem with the fight is that you can wander into it too early, but it's perfectly doable if you leave it until you have a few better spells and items.

Btw, Angelo's commitment talk (well, the one where he asks to be your lover) is totally hot. :groucho:

Well I did the fight, finally...Still in chapter 2 albeit the tail end of, with all the major quests done. At this point I have a Ring of the Ram and Angelo can cast one level 7 spell, so I picked Hakeasher.

Spoiler tactics...

As soon as the dialogue finished, Valygar used his ring of the Ram to blast Sawara back into the kitchen. Viconia summoned Kitthix and my figher PC (carrying the staff of fire) summoned a fire elemental.

Sawara cast time stop but didn't know what to do with it as he had nothing in his line of sight (lol).

I'd kitted Angelo out with Vhailor's Helm and the sword of lameness, Celestial Fury. Real Angelo summoned the Hakeasher and fake Angelo whaled on one of the foxes with his sword. My PC took on Hayate while Val stayed back and shot him full of arrows.

Had to run away with my PC for a bit and let Viconia heal me, casting another fire ele which Hayate attacked. This allowed the party to finish off him and the two foxes before nipping into the kitchen. Sawara was busy with the summons so I had Viconia cast true sight, Angelo cast breach and then smacked Sawara down. It was actually one of the fire eles who got the kill. :crazyeyes:

:groucho: Thank you. I can just imagine Sawara standing there among the pots and pans, quietly stewing.

Um, no pun intended.

I've subsequently met Ginpachi - I let Angelo choose what to do with the sword and he opted to keep it. So more fun to come, hmm?

Loving this mod thus far. I think the only problem with the fight is that you can wander into it too early, but it's perfectly doable if you leave it until you have a few better spells and items.

Btw, Angelo's commitment talk (well, the one where he asks to be your lover) is totally hot. :blush:

:p Again, thanks. By the way

minor spoiler again

you did get Sawara's finger from the chest, right? No big deal, but it has a bit of a payoff.

I did - and Suu's diary (Suu looks suspiciously like the chick from Battle Royale and Kill Bill, hrmm!) I stuffed them in a chest in D'arnisse Keep though, which is where I tend to leave most items like weapon components, stuff that may be important but not in the Underdark, and so forth. So I'm hoping it's not important before chapter 6, is it?

OK, quick one re: lovetalks. I've finished the Underdark and got the "butterfly" talk when I popped out. Haven't had any further talks since then (other than PC initiated) - is that the last one or are there more?

Currently I'm just blundering around finishing off minor stuff like Twisted Rune and Limited Wish quest - I have not gone to Bodhi yet.

Just keen not to miss anything before heading to ToB as I tend to get through the game quite fast from this point. Cheers!

OK, quick one re: lovetalks. I've finished the Underdark and got the "butterfly" talk when I popped out. Haven't had any further talks since then (other than PC initiated) - is that the last one or are there more?

Currently I'm just blundering around finishing off minor stuff like Twisted Rune and Limited Wish quest - I have not gone to Bodhi yet.

Just keen not to miss anything before heading to ToB as I tend to get through the game quite fast from this point. Cheers!

I think there's one more little love talk left after that, IIRC.

OK cheers. It is location specific? I've done Bodhi (I was genuinely worried for him for a moment there so...kudos!) and have had the reunion talk am about to head off to Suldanesselar.

Also quite surprised he has not bantered with Imoen at all, at this point (just wondering if there is any conflict with the IEP NPC Project banter pack which I have installed though I wouldn't have thought so?)

OK cheers. It is location specific? I've done Bodhi (I was genuinely worried for him for a moment there so...kudos!) and have had the reunion talk am about to head off to Suldanesselar.

Also quite surprised he has not bantered with Imoen at all, at this point (just wondering if there is any conflict with the IEP NPC Project banter pack which I have installed though I wouldn't have thought so?)

No, it's not location specific. Quick question ... what race is your PC? You might not have another LT after all. (Note to self: being fully awake before answering forum questions is probably a Really, Really Good Idea.)

Most of the Imoen stuff is in TOB, if IIRC, but I will double check for you later when I can get to my other computer.

Human, so no then. That's OK as I am in ToB now and have had the first talk. I wonder if Cespenar has a recipe for, uh, blue pills? :blush:

Sarevok seemed to find the whole thing hilarious. Typical. Bastard. :crazyeyes:

I just wanted to make sure that SV saw this. (Bolding mine, SV :groucho: )

I did - and Suu's diary (Suu looks suspiciously like the chick from Battle Royale and Kill Bill, hrmm!)

Yeah, funny story there--Amaurea, who made the lovely portraits for Sawara and Suu that I'm crazy about, was asking me for a model for Suu. Chiaki Kuriyama is the only young Asian actress I really know well (for precisely those roles), so I dug around and found some pictures of her in regular "idol" poses. A little later, I heard back from Amaurea saying: "Yeah, I ended up going with one from Kill Bill, the expression was just too great"--and I was like, you know, I can't honestly say I mind :(

I guess I find it funny because so much of what I do is filled with intentional references to KB, one of my favorite movements; but this one actually wasn't my fault! (sort of)

The diary is just scene dressing: the other item, you won't "need" until ToB.

Human, so no then. That's OK as I am in ToB now and have had the first talk. I wonder if Cespenar has a recipe for, uh, blue pills? :(

Sarevok seemed to find the whole thing hilarious. Typical. Bastard. :p

I just wanted to make sure that SV saw this. (Bolding mine, SV :p )

Yeah this, um...came up in development...

No pun intended.

In the end I couldn't find a way to fit it in.

No pun intended. Seriously, both times.

Hee hee. Well they seem to be managing just fine thus far. I enjoyed the content in Saradush and Amkethran - I also appreciated the fact that there were dialogue options appropriate for a virgin or a more "experienced" woman - I tend to think my own PC, though not innocent (after all, how innocent can you be after killing that many people?), wouldn't have had much time for dating, what with being hunted by assassins, then locked in a mad mage's dungeon and tortured for god knows how long. She did try visiting the Low Lantern in Baldur's Gate, but apparently it was Gunther's day off... :p

I'm nearly at the end now - just got Abazigal and Sendai to do - and I think I'm out of lovetalks aside from the one that comes just before the last fight (well, I'm assuming there's one, as there is for the Bioware romances). I have to say I'm very happy with the mod, and especially the Sarevok-related content, since I always felt his ending to be rather unsatisfying.

I've always felt ToB to be rather depressing, but Angelo (especially the romantic content) now makes it something to look forward to.

Consequently, I will find it quite hard not to take Angelo along on subsequent outings, (though I probably won't take him when I try Romantic Encounters, because it would make me feel guilty!) So kudos on this mod - you made a cynical old ex-games journalist smile a lot, and laugh quite a bit too.

And now I've finished and you somehow succeeded in making me weep like a small child. I feel like such a puss! It's not that the epilogue is sad, as such - without giving anything away, things worked out pretty well for them, all things considered - but I found it profoundly moving in a way I did not expect. The only other game to come close is Planescape: Torment - the final sequence and Ravel saying "what can change the nature of a man?" always brings a lump to my throat.

Given I've been playing CRPGs for 20 years now, that's quite some achievement.

Archived