How to WeiDU a response trigger?

Qwinn

I'm a WeiDU modder now, yay! I've actually created a tp2 and a .d that fixed a bug I found in Planescape Torment, and it worked! Lol. *dance*

Okay, so here's my question. I'm getting the impression that there's only two ways to edit a reply trigger using WeiDU:

REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT would allow me to replace one string with another in -every- instance it is found within a trigger in a .DLG file. I assume that would mean both state triggers and response triggers. This doesn't work for me because the reply trigger I want to edit in one state is actually correct in the reply triggers of other states.

and REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT_REGEXP, which I'm afraid I just don't grok yet and the WeiDU read me says not to use anyway.

Am I basically out of luck? I'm getting the impression the only way I can accomplish what I want is to simply replace the entire state. Which I think I can do without too many problems, but I'd rather avoid it if possible, as I suspect I'm going to need to edit reply triggers a whole lot for my plan (which is a WeiDUized Planescape Torment fixpack).

Now that I've explained, let me lay out my questions more concisely:

1) Does REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT replace the text in both state triggers and reply triggers?

2) Is there a command that allows modifying a trigger for a specific transition (reply) within a given state?

3) If the answer to #2 is no, is doing a REPLACE on the entire state my only real option?

4) Do the questions I'm asking even make sense, or is my grasp of the terminology still so weak that, nope, it's all gibberish?

Thanks for any help, and if there's a tutorial out there that would've explained this issue clearly, please feel free to whack me on the head, and then kindly tell me where it is, thanks :laugh:

Qwinn

Woo! I just discovered ALTER_TRANS. I'm thinking I basically want to do:

ALTER_TRANS BEGIN State# END BEGIN Trans# END BEGIN "Trigger" ~New Trigger Text~ END

Gonna test it out, but if I'm on the right track, please someone let me know :laugh:

Qwinn

I'm a WeiDU modder now, yay! I've actually created a tp2 and a .d that fixed a bug I found in Planescape Torment, and it worked!

Cheers :laugh:

REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT would allow me to replace one string with another in -every- instance it is found within a trigger in a .DLG file. I assume that would mean both state triggers and response triggers.

Correct. It should be listed so in the documentation.

REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT_REGEXP, which I'm afraid I just don't grok yet and the WeiDU read me says not to use anyway.

It just lets you replace in multiple files at the same time - it won't help here.

What you want is ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER, or if you need to change an existing dialogue trigger, ALTER_TRANS - there's a quicky tutorial by Cam in the WeiDU readme.

Archived