How to WeiDU a dialog file with no TRA's?

Qwinn

I picked it up for like US$5 in a cheapo software bin in a double CD with Soulbringer... that was a few years ago though and I guess they all got snapped up. I haven't got around to playing it either... think I'll wait for your fixpack too. Though by the time I'm done with current projects, you'll probably be in like v10 with it :crazyeyes:.

Hello to all, first post here....

I'm currently making a 1280x800 User Interface mod for Torment to accommodate the Widescreen mod. I ended up editing the dialog.tlk file in order to remove some flickering problems , but I don't really know how to translate that into the .tp2 file in order to pack my mod with WeiDU , and be able to patch the dialog.tlk and not just copy over it a new one.

I've used the Near Infinity tool to do the editing and it works like a charm (maybe you should check it out Qwinn, if you haven't already). I've only edited 3 strings:

1. In StrRef : 41660 I've changed "Open Dialogue Window" to "Open Dialog Box"

2. In StrRef : 41647 I've changed "Lock Camera On character" to "Lock on Character"

3. In StrRef : 41631 I've changed "Deactivate Party AI" to "Disable Party AI"

The reason I've done these changes is to make the tooltip descriptions shorter, in order to avoid some flickering problems that are present in the widescreen mod.

So, could anyone provide any help as to how to put these changes into the .tp2 file?

Should I use the STRING_SET command?

Archived