Questions about some components

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was just wondering, if i don't install the smarter mages/priests, and don't install certain spell tweaks such as the breach being affected by spell turning, would the mages in my game still assume breach works in terms of being affected by spell turning or not?

I'm looking to install mainly general ai, potions, better calls for help and then a few specific improved creatures such as githyanki, genies and stuff...but avoiding mages/priests (i tried it, and is a little too difficult..and not too keen on seeing npcs with stoneskins going around, puts me off a little...other than that - no criticisms! I especially like the thieves in the game using invis potions, much cooler)

Also, will any of the demons be affected in the game with imrpoved fiends - i realise mages will summon vanilla versions, but what about other ones...like the one in the underdark with the sverfneblin for example...will demons like that be affected?

Thanks

I was just wondering, if i don't install the smarter mages/priests, and don't install certain spell tweaks such as the breach being affected by spell turning, would the mages in my game still assume breach works in terms of being affected by spell turning or not?

Possibly I'm misunderstanding... but if you don't install my mage/priest script, and you don't install my spell tweaks, then you'll get the original mage/priest AI which will assume, correctly, that the spells work the way they do in the original game.

I'm looking to install mainly general ai, potions, better calls for help and then a few specific improved creatures such as githyanki, genies and stuff...but avoiding mages/priests (i tried it, and is a little too difficult..and not too keen on seeing npcs with stoneskins going around, puts me off a little...other than that - no criticisms! I especially like the thieves in the game using invis potions, much cooler)

Also, will any of the demons be affected in the game with imrpoved fiends - i realise mages will summon vanilla versions, but what about other ones...like the one in the underdark with the sverfneblin for example...will demons like that be affected?

Improved fiends affects basically every demon in the game, including party-summoned ones. But party-summoned ones will still be kept at bay by Protection from Evil. And so will enemy-summoned ones if you don't use my mage/priest AI.

and not too keen on seeing npcs with stoneskins going around, puts me off a little...

I too am not overly fond of this, and it seems to be something of a common complaint. In my opinion it is one of the few ways in which scsii damages the atmosphere of the original game. I think david mentioned adding a console command to turn off neutral prebuffing, but i wish he'd add an option on install as i consider using the console at all while playing to be cheating.

and not too keen on seeing npcs with stoneskins going around, puts me off a little...

I too am not overly fond of this, and it seems to be something of a common complaint. In my opinion it is one of the few ways in which scsii damages the atmosphere of the original game. I think david mentioned adding a console command to turn off neutral prebuffing, but i wish he'd add an option on install as i consider using the console at all while playing to be cheating.

Okay, I don't understand that at all. If SCS II edited the engine so as to create a button on the main interface, would pressing the button be cheating? Surely, it would depend on what the button does.

Guest guest

Oh? that's possible - i mean to stop the blue circled npcs having such buffs?

That would be handy, could you please direct me to where i can find out how to do that? any caveats associated with doing it though?

Oh? that's possible - i mean to stop the blue circled npcs having such buffs?

That would be handy, could you please direct me to where i can find out how to do that?

You have to wait for v6, sorry.

any caveats associated with doing it though?

Marginally longer lags when enemies go hostile? Slight exploitation options when you attack enemies who start-off blue-circled? ... not much, it should basically be fine.

Archived