Bugs and typos for v3 and above

Guest Guest

To avoid confusion as new typo reports flow in, I separated the two topics. Please, continue report bugs and typos for v3 in this thread.

(V3 with some corrected issues, including the stutter for monk protagonists, Saemon's spoilery interjection, and additional corrections, should follow soon enough, I hope - it's at Cam's now.)

It's been bugging me so... while we all know Imoen is Charnames "sister," why does Angelo? He's been saying "sister" from the get-go where everyone else is still saying "your friend." There is no chance at any time to either tell him she is or that you are a bit tired of her and living in the same town that doesn't make you related.

Ex: In adangelj: "... you grew up in that library, didn't you? You and your sister?" This conversation can happen well before Spellhold. Also, in the whole colour thing he'll say something about "oh, [pink] like your sister's hair?" Again, it could work if he's seen her, but her hair was normal in BG1 (if you had her with you) and he really might not have seen her at all. His romance isn't that long, I've finished these dialogues well before I had finished faffing around Amn and decided to go to Spellhold.

(A little late to mention this now, I know. At least he doesn't "sense" Yoshimo's betrayal, I guess.)

Guest Guest
It's been bugging me so... while we all know Imoen is Charnames "sister," why does Angelo? He's been saying "sister" from the get-go where everyone else is still saying "your friend." There is no chance at any time to either tell him she is or that you are a bit tired of her and living in the same town that doesn't make you related.

Ex: In adangelj: "... you grew up in that library, didn't you? You and your sister?" This conversation can happen well before Spellhold. Also, in the whole colour thing he'll say something about "oh, [pink] like your sister's hair?" Again, it could work if he's seen her, but her hair was normal in BG1 (if you had her with you) and he really might not have seen her at all. His romance isn't that long, I've finished these dialogues well before I had finished faffing around Amn and decided to go to Spellhold.

(A little late to mention this now, I know. At least he doesn't "sense" Yoshimo's betrayal, I guess.)

Oooh! Yeah, how did I miss that one...Should be corrected somehow, although I'm not sure what would be best...Maybe it could work to just replace those instances of "sister" with "Imoen?" I don't have the original documents anymore due to a hard drive crash, so I'm not sure if doing this might not mess up the grammar somewhere...

Oooh! Yeah, how did I miss that one...Should be corrected somehow, although I'm not sure what would be best...Maybe it could work to just replace those instances of "sister" with "Imoen?" I don't have the original documents anymore due to a hard drive crash, so I'm not sure if doing this might not mess up the grammar somewhere...

Well, in those instances or as long as there is a 'your' in front of it, a "your friend" to "your sister" should be fine, I guess? (Reference to "your Imoen," on the other hand would be odd. :()

Not so much as a bug as a little detail that sets Angelo apart from bioware NPCs.

His 'morale break' stat is set to 0 and 'morale recovery' to 1, just like as if he was a PC. For all NPCs these stats are set to 5 and 60. I have no idea if it affects the gameplay in any way (since I've seen a PC panic in battle), but it's a small thing that's easy to set straight.

And yes, I'm asking because it will make my life easier. The morale break stat is only way I've figured to tell apart an NPC from a PC and the information is extremely vital for Amber's player2 romance.

Guest Sophia

Some possible typos in the 'moment' conversation: :(

"Pour out my heart...? If I did, there's be a heap of slime ... " (there's should be there'd).

The reply option for the kiss "So did I" should be "So have I".

"You don't know what happy whoreson you've made me" (missing 'a' before happy).

Following the final bounty hunter fight:

"... Losing him ought to take the spirit out them." (Missing 'of' before 'them').

Thanks for the report. I think this is one of Angelo's stylistic idiosyncrasies, but I'll run it past Sister V to double check as soon as I get a chance.

Guest Sophia

Thanks, Amaurea. :crazyeyes: There's no need to acknowledge each of the typo reports. :groucho: It would be more efficient if I ran a quick spelling/grammar check on the .TRA files rather than report them as I play the game, but I'm being lazy!

In a conversation about Gorion:

"Let you darling children travel" (should be 'your')

Coolness. I've been doing an ongoing review of the .tra files myself, but it's been on v2. Your eyes start to cross a while after doing that, so I understand completey. In this case lazy = self-preservation. I should practice it more often.

I just wanted to let everyone know that all the reports have been noted, and will eventually be addressed.

Guest Sophia

I have found that conversations between Jan and Angelo tend to reoccur. The conversation where Angelo asks Jan whether he takes commissions, and the one that Jan initiates where he says that Angelo's plight is moving, have both happened more than once. (This happened in version 2, as well, but I had forgotten about it.)

Archived