On-going Yoshimo error, plus Temple Ruins and Copper Coronet

Guest Sophia

Guest Sophia

Version of Game: ToB.

Mods Installed: Official patches, BG2 Fixpack, Angelo, BG2_Tweaks.

Description of Problem: When I reenter the Copper Coronet after siding with Bodhi, Yoshimo will vanish from where he was asked to wait. I want to pick him up to take to Spellhold, but it is not possible. I've tried spawning him using the CLUA console, but unless I am standing next to him and click on him immediately, he vanishes again. When I do manage to initiate dialogue, his options are those that occur within Irenicus' dungeon. This is a long-standing issue.

Recent bugs: When I return to the Temple Ruins after having completed that quest, aspects of the map appear as if the quest was not completed. The sky will be darkened, there will be shade wolves about and the fountain will be reeking. But the gem and window will indicate that the light in the area is normal, and the shadow altar will be clean.

Some of the events within the Copper Coronet no longer work properly: In the duel in the fighting pit with Amalas, my PC is no longer transported out afterwards, and I do not get the second of the two lots of experience points normally awarded.

When the guard captain at the slave gladiator cells calls for the other guards, they do not appear. This includes the guard at the entrance to the sewers.

The beastmaster no longer drops a wolfskin bag. I apologise if this was deliberately removed from the mod and I wasn't paying attention.

Hi, thanks for the report.

Yoshimo is meant to disappear from the Copper Coronet if you strike a deal with Bodhi while he's not in the party - whether it's his fear of Aran Linvail or his geas isn't really apparent, but it's already there in the unmodded game.

The remainder of the Copper Coronet errors sound like they're stemming from a broken area script, which you'd get without the Fixpack. I'll double check the code later when I'm not away from files.

As for your Temple Ruins errors, I've no idea offhand. We don't change very much at all in this sequence, but occasional reports do crop up, so we'll take another pass through it.

The wolfskin bag is from Unfinished Business :(

Guest Sophia

Thank you so much for the informative reply, Nythrun! I never knew that about Yoshimo, and it makes sense.

D'oh! on the Unfinished Business mod; I'd forgotten to reinstall it. :(

Thank you again for looking into this.

Sophia

Guest Sophia

Update:

I actually did have UB installed above - I apologise for the confusing posts.

I tried the installations again (after restoring a clean install of original game + official patches) but this time experimented with the order of the mods. With the following order followed, the problems within the CC and with the wolfskin bag have disappeared:

BG2 Fixpack

BG2_Tweaks

Unfinished Business

Angelo

I don't know what else the problem might have been (the current versions of each mod were installed, and I always begin from a restored clean install), so I'm mentioning it just in case there is some conflict somewhere between the mods and order is important. (Previously, I followed the instruction to have BG2_Tweaks installed after any other mod). I hope this is of some use.

Sophia

Helps a lot, thank you.

I'll go out on a limb and surmise you had the Gorje Hilldark component of Unfinished Business installed, as that modifies both the Copper Coronet and the Temple Ruins scripts. How an install conflict might have arisen is another matter, but that's enough to go looking at least :(

Guest Sophia
I'll go out on a limb and surmise you had the Gorje Hilldark component of Unfinished Business installed, as that modifies both the Copper Coronet and the Temple Ruins scripts.

Yes, you're right! And I didn't install it for this last run-through, where the problem was fixed. :(

Guest Sophia

Another update: The problem with the additional guards not appearing in the CC has returned. It is the same game as above. Before, I tested it by jumping to the area and seeing if the guards appeared as they should. Only the PC was in the party at the time. Now, I am in Chapter 3, and Jan, Keldorn and Angelo are in the party, and I am going through the CC 'properly'. I haven't done anything to the game since the last installations.

Archived