Improved Final Battle scs1 bugged.

Kai

Just so I can keep up (for that day when I actually get a chance to do my own upgrade): exactly when do problems with Sarevok arise on BGT and on TUTU? I know the problem is at any rate not universal on TUTU since my last playthrough was fine.

I think the only issue with a Tutu install is the MAGE06.ITM which hastes Sarevok gets dumped into his inventory. I don't know if it will work or not if it isn't equipped. On a BGT install, the SAREVO.cre already has a minimum hp item. Patching a new minimum hp item for some reason sometimes corrupts the naming scheme of that minimum hp item along with not installing the new one correctly so SAREVO.cre effectively has NO minimum hp item (recognizable resource) in game and thus is killable so he won't do he death speech, and properly set the needed globals.

It is also not universal on BGT. At least it did not happen to me, and I think we would have much more complains about it, since this is actually a game stopper for BGT. I'm trying to track this down, but have some trouble reproducing. (Like already mentioned in SHS thread.)

However, erebusant already posted a tp2 fix, which circumvents any potential problems with the minhp1.

Just so I can keep up (for that day when I actually get a chance to do my own upgrade): exactly when do problems with Sarevok arise on BGT and on TUTU? I know the problem is at any rate not universal on TUTU since my last playthrough was fine.

I think the only issue with a Tutu install is the MAGE06.ITM which hastes Sarevok gets dumped into his inventory. I don't know if it will work or not if it isn't equipped.

It won't, but that's intentional iirc. He uses Oil of Speed instead.

Guest guest

I think the only issue with a Tutu install is the MAGE06.ITM which hastes Sarevok gets dumped into his inventory. I don't know if it will work or not if it isn't equipped.

It won't, but that's intentional iirc. He uses Oil of Speed instead.

Can i avoid any and all of these problem by skipping this component?

Also, should i skip the other improved chapter battles? or any other issues in other components to be aware of? I know the one with the deployable assassins still being too tough or something, will skip that too...

Thanks

Yes, you can skip the component.

But let me say (again), that I did not have any problems with it and really enjoyed the battle.

If you use BGT, you should skip the "Better calls for help" component. (Or edit the tp2: simply remove or comment lines 2696-2700.)

Guest guest
Yes, you can skip the component.

But let me say (again), that I did not have any problems with it and really enjoyed the battle.

If you use BGT, you should skip the "Better calls for help" component. (Or edit the tp2: simply remove or comment lines 2696-2700.)

in regards to this tp2 thing, i have heard it many times...and people often recommend changes to it, for some manual fixing on the user's end...so can i just ask:

Do i simply open this up in notepad and make changes as necessary?

I'm guessing this needs to be done BEFORE i install whatever mod, as this tp2 thing is some sort of source code for the mod to use?

Thanks for any help...and i may just install the battle anyways...if i do get problems, can i uninstall mid game as the OP did and have everything run ok?

Also, using tutu, so will be using better calls from SCS, that ok for tutu?

Many thanks once again.

Do i simply open this up in notepad and make changes as necessary?

I'm guessing this needs to be done BEFORE i install whatever mod, as this tp2 thing is some sort of source code for the mod to use?

Thanks for any help...and i may just install the battle anyways...if i do get problems, can i uninstall mid game as the OP did and have everything run ok?

Also, using tutu, so will be using better calls from SCS, that ok for tutu?

Yes to all of your questions!

And since you are using Tutu, you probably won't have problems with "Improved final battle" and "Better calls for help".

May I ask why? I am a BGT and SCS (I and II) player (on my first run through SCS II) and I really don't want to miss "better calls for help". This component alone is worth a ton of gold, especially in the bandit camp. No longer being able so snipe one gibberling by one added a lot of fun to my BG run.

As I will probably do a mod reinstall today to accomodate for BG1-NPC 16 and the latest SCSII with a home-made spanish tra that I should send to DavidW as soon as it is on a decent state, I'd really like to know. Personally, I'd rather miss "player initiated dialogue" than "better calls for help".

It prevents BGT from correctly detecting that a party member has left the group, so you won't be able to get him back. (It adds something to wtasight.bcs, which always triggers when there is no enemy or fight in sight. The problem is: wtasight gets also assigned to NPCs when they leave the group and BGT counts on something in dplayer2.bcs to detect the parting, but the block in wtasight prevents dplayer2 from executing.)

We are only talking about the component from SCS I here. But I agree with you that this component is a must-have, that's why I proposed the tp2 edit. (Which simply removes the part, where the always-trigger block is added to wtasight.)

It prevents BGT from correctly detecting that a party member has left the group, so you won't be able to get him back. (It adds something to wtasight.bcs, which always triggers when there is no enemy or fight in sight. The problem is: wtasight gets also assigned to NPCs when they leave the group and BGT counts on something in dplayer2.bcs to detect the parting, but the block in wtasight prevents dplayer2 from executing.)

We are only talking about the component from SCS I here. But I agree with you that this component is a must-have, that's why I proposed the tp2 edit. (Which simply removes the part, where the always-trigger block is added to wtasight.)

Thank you very much, Taimon

Case closed for me.

Very tricky issue. I hope I did not confuse you too much.

Also applies to Tutu, so David got lucky, that this did not surface earlier.

Is anybody collecting all those tp2 fixes?

I have been collecting all those fixes that have been publically visible and easy to implement.

About this very issue though, I had changed the .tp2 according to Erebusant's former advice.

What am I supposed to do now then? Revert it to the original .tp2 and do instead the minor change you are suggesting?

What am I supposed to do now then? Revert it to the original .tp2 and do instead the minor change you are suggesting?

Totally up to you. Both should work.

You may however want to fix the typo with the %s in the other places in the tp2.

(You can extract the line numbers from the diff I posted.)

I'm not sure if these cause any problems at the moment, but they have the potential to do so.

Archived