BG1NPC - Vault Conflict

erebusant

I just ran into a problem where Lestraubimat would not spawn because the Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3) was not recognized by Denak. My decompiled DENAK 0:

BEGIN ~DENAK~
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
// WARNING: this file contains non-trivial WEIGHTs
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

IF WEIGHT #2 /* Triggers after states #: 3 11 even though they appear after this state */
~OR(3) !InParty("edwin") !InMyArea("edwin") StateCheck("edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID) True()~ THEN BEGIN 0
 SAY @1 /* ~It is so sad to have met you this fine day.  Normally, we would be quite ecstatic to have visitors; but in these troubled times we really do desire privacy.  We just can't afford to have anyone knowing that we're here.  That is why you must die.~ #77919 */
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY @2 /* ~Just wait a moment!  We won't bother you, just let us go on our way... and you'll never see us again.~ #77920 */ GOTO 1
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY @3 /* ~We're not scared of a bunch of posturing red-robed freaks!~ #77921 */ GOTO 2
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN REPLY @4 /* ~Please don't kill us.  We don't want to die.~ #77922 */ GOTO 1
 IF ~Global("X#SHARTEELDENAK1","GLOBAL",0) InParty("sharteel") InMyArea("sharteel") !StateCheck("sharteel",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#SHARTEELDENAK1","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~SHARTJ~ 281
 IF ~Global("X#EdwinAllies","GLOBAL",0) Global("X#EdwinReturn","GLOBAL",1) !InParty("edwin") See("denak")~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#EdwinAllies","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~EDWIN~ 108
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY @5 /* ~Just wait a moment!  We won't bother you, just let us go on our way....and you'll never see us again.~ #157127 */ GOTO 21
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY @6 /* ~We're not scared of a bunch of posturing red robed freaks!~ #157128 */ GOTO 20
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY @4 /* ~Please don't kill us.  We don't want to die.~ #77922 */ GOTO 21
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY @7 /* ~We know why you are here and we have come to stop you! Lestraubimat stays caged in his world!~ #157129 */ GOTO 20
END

I would continuously get sent down the path of Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",0) options until I ran a REPLACE DENAK 0 without the interjections from Sharteel and Edwin. After that Lestraubimat and minions would spawn appropriately.

I think that the Denak The Vault uses is a replaced dialog - can you crosscheck the two? (vanilla DEAK vs Vault) and see what the differences are?

Basically, where are those two interjections terminating, or are they a standard ICT... if they ae hijacks of the state, we can take a look at them.

I think that the Denak The Vault uses is a replaced dialog - can you crosscheck the two? (vanilla DEAK vs Vault) and see what the differences are?

Basically, where are those two interjections terminating, or are they a standard ICT... if they ae hijacks of the state, we can take a look at them.

I fixed the Vault so it won't overwrite anymore. The following is what I do to a vanilla Denak:

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER DENAK 3 ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",0)~
ALTER_TRANS DENAK BEGIN 0 END BEGIN 0 1 2 END BEGIN ~TRIGGER~ ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",0)~ END

EXTEND_BOTTOM DENAK 0
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY ~Just wait a moment!  We won't bother you, just let us go on our way....and you'll never see us again.~ GOTO VLT61 END
EXTEND_BOTTOM DENAK 0
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY ~We're not scared of a bunch of posturing red robed freaks!~ GOTO VLT60 END
EXTEND_BOTTOM DENAK 0
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY ~Please don't kill us.  We don't want to die.~ GOTO VLT61 END
EXTEND_BOTTOM DENAK 0
 IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY ~We know why you are here and we have come to stop you! Lestraubimat stays caged in his world!~ GOTO VLT60 END

APPEND ~DENAK~

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT58
 SAY ~Noble words but you are already too late! Behold, Lestraubimat enters!~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride("BRENDAN",Enemy()) ActionOverride("LASALA",Enemy()) ActionOverride("DIANA",Enemy()) Enemy() SetGlobal("VestibuleRelease","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",4)~ EXIT END

IF WEIGHT #6 ~InParty("EDWIN") Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN BEGIN VLT59
 SAY ~Good day travelers.  Mmmm...Edwin, I did not expect to see you so soon.  I hope your....business has been attended to Edwin, for if it hasn't, then you should do so soon.  I think that Zulkir Nevron would be most disappointed if he were to hear that you failed.  That is all that really needs to be said. We are done here... IT will be released soon.~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride("BRENDAN",EscapeArea()) ActionOverride("LASALA",EscapeArea()) ActionOverride("DIANA",EscapeArea()) EscapeArea() SetGlobal("VestibuleRelease","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT60
 SAY ~A group of arrogant whelps!  Sent by Kelddath, no doubt! This is such a reward, and will make your deaths all the more sweet and Lestraubimat's release all the more fulfilling!~
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride("BRENDAN",Enemy()) ActionOverride("LASALA",Enemy()) ActionOverride("DIANA",Enemy()) Enemy() SetGlobal("VestibuleRelease","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobal("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",4)~ EXIT END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN VLT61
 SAY ~Sorry, but I do not believe you speak true and besides, the Red Wizards of Thay are not known for their magnanimous  nature.  We're going to have to kill you.~
END

ADD_STATE_TRIGGER ~%tutu_var%DENAK~ 0 ~OR(3) !InParty("edwin") !InMyArea("edwin") StateCheck("edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~

I_C_T ~%tutu_var%DENAK~ 0 X#SHARTEELDENAK1

== ~%SHARTEEL_JOINED%~ IF ~InParty("sharteel") InMyArea("sharteel") !StateCheck("sharteel",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @91

END

INTERJECT ~%tutu_var%DENAK~ 0 X#EdwinAllies

== ~%tutu_var%EDWIN~ IF ~Global("X#EdwinReturn","GLOBAL",1) !InParty("edwin") See("denak")~ THEN

@1

END

IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#EdwinReturn","GLOBAL",2)

ActionOverride("denak",Enemy())

ActionOverride("brendan",Enemy())

ActionOverride("lasala",Enemy())

ActionOverride("diana",Enemy())

ActionOverride("edwin",Enemy())~ EXIT

Hmmm. If Edwin is in the party, this should work perfectly fine. If Edwin is not in the party because he has been dumped, escaped, the dudes should attack the party on site. Evaluation is from bottom to top, and your materials decompile correctly there, as vestibule=3 should fire before any of the others...

What are your states #3 and #11?

hold on - you have something odd going on with this...

IF WEIGHT #6 ~InParty("EDWIN") Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN BEGIN VLT59

SAY ~Good day travelers. Mmmm...Edwin, I did not expect to see you so soon. I hope your....business has been attended to Edwin, for if it hasn't, then you should do so soon. I think that Zulkir Nevron would be most disappointed if he were to hear that you failed. That is all that really needs to be said. We are done here... IT will be released soon.~

IF ~~ THEN DO ~ActionOverride("BRENDAN",EscapeArea()) ActionOverride("LASALA",EscapeArea()) ActionOverride("DIANA",EscapeArea()) EscapeArea() SetGlobal("VestibuleRelease","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT END

This should mean that you get this with Edwin in the party, instead of the

EXTEND_BOTTOM DENAK 0

IF ~Global("VestibuleQuest","GLOBAL",3)~ THEN REPLY ~We're not scared of a bunch of posturing red robed freaks!~ GOTO VLT60 END

stuff. The Sharteel materials also are just I_C_T, so they should not block the actions.

I am not sure how the I_C_T copuld stop the darned process, there.

Guest Guest_Jiriki_*

Hi,

I was wondering where to find the demon after killing Ranthis and found this topic.

Since I killed Denak and his Thay fellows long before I suppose there is no chance for Lestraubimat to appear?

To me this seems to be a logical problem in the quest design since it is very likely to run into (and kill) Denak before one can even try to kill Ranthis (iirc the VAULT readme recommends a level 11 party for this particular quest).

Would probably cheating Denak into the game once again (if possible) be an appropriate work around?

Hi,

I was wondering where to find the demon after killing Ranthis and found this topic.

Since I killed Denak and his Thay fellows long before I suppose there is no chance for Lestraubimat to appear?

To me this seems to be a logical problem in the quest design since it is very likely to run into (and kill) Denak before one can even try to kill Ranthis (iirc the VAULT readme recommends a level 11 party for this particular quest).

Would probably cheating Denak into the game once again (if possible) be an appropriate work around?

Until I can think of a better way to resolve this inherent conflict of killing Denak and the Red Wizards prior to beginning the Vestibule Quest, when you are in the area where you killed Denak type in the following and the quest should proceed as originally intended:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("VestibuleRelease","GLOBAL",1)

Archived