NWN2 Flirtpacks

Domi

What put me off Sand was his impotence and pettyness. Not only he was incapable to win the trial of words when I relied on him (stupidly), he also allowed himself petty, lowbrow remarks in Torio's address. Darn it, man, she just had you squarely beat, and you are commenting on her dress being skimpy? Meh. And then his 'insults' to the bard in the bard's contest were so weak it was pathetic. And, again, lowbrow to the extreme. :crazyeyes: After which point I don't remember him saying anything of value. But mainly it was that pathetic and shovinistic comment to Torio. I don't care if she's whore, she's *better* than you. I wish the game gave me a chance to say that.

Would you mind sharing why? I mean, did his personality just grate on you, or did his 'romance' (or basically lack thereof) disappoint you, or anything like that?

His personality. I guess, I am very much affected by the first impressions and his words to that wychlaran in the prison set me against him immediately. His dreamwalking in my dreams without asking and endless comments about ripe farm girls infuriate me. Annya's idiotic dreaming of him made me almost vomit and... I suppose I am more likely to fall for a male who hates himself than the one who loves himself too much, and every Gann's remark conveys that extreme self-infatuation that I loathe. Someone put it better than I could as 'his act as the Faerun's gift to womanhood.' Honestly, I am going to do what I can to set him up with Anya. I trust the life of shoveling manure on her farm with her is just what he deserves.

Then, with all due respect Domi, don’t write him at all. And unless you can find someone to write all those flirts for you don’t include him in your flirtpack, I beg you. Your post radiates more hate and loathing for Gann than I have for Bishop (and that’s saying something).

You like Bishop and one can tell that from romance you’ve written for him – hands down, it is excellent writing, but I don’t even want to know what you can do to the character you hate.

Gann is my favorite character and I would love to see flirts for him but if you’re put into the position to write for him, a character you hate, simply to say “It’s a flirtpack for all the official Romances, NWN2 OC & MotB†then I have a sickening feeling things are going to turn sour in the end for Gann fangirls.

That's why I am trying to find a Gann person :crazyeyes: For Gann, I will be happy to contribute the insult portion of the FP (that is a couple of insults with random replies). I am acting as a compiler/pre-editor (mainly to make sure that the flirts are easy to code and there are enough of them) and I will throw in a flirt or two if I can think of a good one - and I invite everyone else to do so. But it has to be a complete pack at release. So, if there is no Gann's writer, I'll just wait for one. Unless I suddenly start getting Gann's vibe. Unlikely, though. (And yes, I wrote for characters I personally dislike before, and even did a romance for one of them; the romance was mildly successful. On another hand I have at least two romances with the characters I liked a lot that are not liked by the players.)

Heh, I am kind of at capacity now for writing (and over my head, to be honest). Elanee and Safiya (I hope to take Safiya on unless there will be a very big fan coming along.), Deathstalker 'as I code' additions, Bishop-MotB, and Nirav I just got a custom order for (if the mod maker likes my writing for him, lol). And that's not counting the next project I so far decided not to start till I clear my desk (though the Imp from that mod made a sudden appearance as I was gardening and spit out a pretty good line I should write down before I forget).

His personality. I guess, I am very much affected by the first impressions and his words to that wychlaran in the prison set me against him immediately. His dreamwalking in my dreams without asking and endless comments about ripe farm girls infuriate me. Annya's idiotic dreaming of him made me almost vomit and... I suppose I am more likely to fall for a male who hates himself than the one who loves himself too much, and every Gann's remark conveys that extreme self-infatuation that I loathe. Someone put it better than I could as 'his act as the Faerun's gift to womanhood.' Honestly, I am going to do what I can to set him up with Anya. I trust the life of shoveling manure on her farm with her is just what he deserves.

You do make a good point there, he *did* act like a huge...well...profanity is frowned upon here on public boards. :crazyeyes: I hated him at first until that one certain dialog you get in a certain area, and then I realized that so much more could have been done with his character besides a couple of throwaway hints and him saying something big out of nowhere. He was basically pigeonholed into the stereotype of 'pretty, misogynist male' who *magically* turns a new leaf when the utterly irresistible and goddess-like PC comes along when no other woman could. How very canned, no? I try to add in what I personally feel his character would be like as I play the game; It's too bad more time wasn't spent on his character, as he could have been wrested out of that stereotype fairly easily.

I have not really seen a single inkling that he can be changed (not that I want the job, tbh)... I guess, I am just a risky audience for the jerks that change type, i.e. I've never liked Anomen as well. I think I do better with the characters that are likable to me to begin with, and who would be appealing to me even if they do not change for the better.

(And yes, I wrote for characters I personally dislike before, and even did a romance for one of them; the romance was mildly successful. On another hand I have at least two romances with the characters I liked a lot that are not liked by the players.)

I know it is a bit offtopic... but are you speaking of Diriel? :>

And, oh, I know that you won't, Domi, but if *anybody* wanted to write a romance for Sand he/she would become my personal hero. Thank you for your attention, modders ;p (and you could even include it in the pack...! to not be totally OT)

I thought Gann's comments about how handsome and great he was were simply an attempt to deflect his own insecurities. His comments early in the game about how he was abandoned by his parents to be raised by the spirits (and you lose influence if you show sympathy instead of saying he was better off without them) illustrated I thought how he felt unworthy somehow (else why was he abandoned to live or die in the wilderness?). (Kaelyn also points this out when she is introduced to Gann-how he uses words to deflect people from seeing his true feelings)

And Gann himself admits "I think I am going to be ill," when he is exposed to Annya's dream version of Gann.

I guess it's all what the player brings to the table. :crazyeyes: In Gann I saw a damaged person who was trying very hard to convince others (and himself) of how wonderful, and handsome he is and how everyone loves him even if his parents didn't.

*on a side note, I did try to write some flirts for Gann (I do like him), but it's a lot more difficult than I thought it would be* (I mean what fun could be had in the flirt pack later in the game when the PC and Gann can share thoughts and dreams) :groucho:

Thus, I'm hoping someone with more talent will submit some flirts for him [PLEASE]

I know it is a bit offtopic... but are you speaking of Diriel?

Yep, I did. :p

As for Sand, it's kind of weird. When I tried to add a romance to Sand all that time ago, I got pretty much no responce to it whatsoever. I got a good (and bad, lol!) responce to Bishop though right away.

And SMichelle, yes, I have heard this interpretation before, but Gann's comments come so hard and fast and so obnoxious, and I have never seen a glimpse of a damaged person underneath myself, it was always pointed to me by someone else. If I was trying to write a character like that, I would have have given hints from the start. I just do not get that need both Gaider and Avellone seems to have to introduce a romanceable character as a total off-putting jerk.... I have never seen them do it for a male PC!

And any flirts or flirt ideas you have will be extremely welcome!

My progress is still there - I am on 25th flirt for Elanee, and I hear Neeshka is coming together nicely.

I just finished Elanee's set. It's funny how you write flirts, and they are funny and sexy and all, and then you get to the insults... and then the *real* fun begins.

So, I will take a breather (meaning work on the other 4 mods, *groan*) and will start on Safiya's next weekish.

Neeshka's goes well, I hear, and, for all you Gann fans I have good news -someone volounteered to do the bulk of writing on Gann and, I think, 4 or 5 were already submitted. Someone also has taken charge of Casavir's (I probably told you that already, no?).

So, it looks like the progress is being made. :p

I just finished Elanee's set. It's funny how you write flirts, and they are funny and sexy and all, and then you get to the insults... and then the *real* fun begins.

So, I will take a breather (meaning work on the other 4 mods, *groan*) and will start on Safiya's next weekish.

Neeshka's goes well, I hear, and, for all you Gann fans I have good news -someone volounteered to do the bulk of writing on Gann and, I think, 4 or 5 were already submitted. Someone also has taken charge of Casavir's (I probably told you that already, no?).

So, it looks like the progress is being made. :p

For all the Gann-fans (or soon to be Gann-fans:) I've completed about 15 flirts right now. I'm shooting for shooting for 30 by the end of the month.

Like many who played the Bishop romance in the OC, when I got to MOB, I couldn't help but compare Bishop to Gann (and find the latter, well, lacking). I just decided to dig in my heels, and wait for some glorious soul to write the MOB Bishop romance.

But then I decided to give the guy a break, and ask, "If the Gann ever had a shot with the PC, what would make that possible?"

Gann suddenly had potential...and I hope that comes across in the flirts.

Any comments are encouraged and welcomed.

And... a traditional question for me... anyone is up to proof-read some flirts for me? I have sent half of the Elanee's bundle to my most kind Bishop's editor, but I don't want to overwhelm her, seeing how Bishop's material should start coming again soon. :) So, anyone willing to PR (so far just Elanee, but I'd like everything to be proof-read at least once), please, give me a shout!

I've got Neeshka's pack. It's pretty good, but some odds and ends need to be added. So, I will be working on it for a few days to make sure that it's about the same breadth and matches in style all the other ones. :)

Two big pieces of news: I finished my edit of Neeshka's file (I'll send it to Valthier once I upload it on my desctop tonight), and I've got the full Gann's pack.

So, I will need to take a breath in and re-start on Safiya. That leaves only Casavir uaccounted for atm, I will give the folks a shout once I am done with Safiya to see what's up on the paladin front.

Tentatively, folk, anyone has a near-Neeshka's voice to voice 30 or so lines for her wall etc scene? It will be a while before I code it and have the lines, but I was wondering.

Archived