Flirt Preview (MotB)

Domi

Yep, put the flirts together to send to the editor :( Here is a preview from the MotB material, unedited, so please be lenient aboutthe roughness around the corners. I show only one option at every turn of the flirt:

The Lady: What did you feel when I kept your soul in mine?

Bishop: That the pain stopped.

The Lady: It's peculiar how we often are aware of the absence more acutely than of the presence.

Bishop: It's all the same to me.

(He looks directly at you, and a different meaning of his off-handed remark emerges; you can be sure that for this man both your absence and presence are an acute experience.)

Thanks, Rob. Yep, it is normally tough to write a commited relation and to keep it 'fresh', and with an abrasive character like Bishop it's doubly difficult. But I hope I managed something interesting and Bishopish.

Brilliant. This really shows how different these two characters are, which is how real people are too.

It's really easy to make a mod too nice, or too flirty. This was a great flirt because you didn't make Bishop too flirty or nice. This shows his character very well, and because he's a bit secretive, it makes me want to pounce on him and imediately know more about him!

Good job, Domi and keep it up! :(

Thanks, Rob. Yep, it is normally tough to write a commited relation and to keep it 'fresh', and with an abrasive character like Bishop it's doubly difficult. But I hope I managed something interesting and Bishopish.

I think you've succeeded in doing that, it's unusual and it still manages a Bishop feel. Getting a dismissive statement to have romantic twist is a tricky business, I'd guess. :(

Ahem, not to act like the world's worst critic, but have you played the game until the end? Because I spotted a little inconsistency and I'm not about to point it out if it means spoiling the game for you.

And it is a lovely flirt, it's just that little thing is staring me right back in the eye :)

Nope, I didn't play it to the end, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, I'll reword it to get it more along the lines with what the game throws at you. Though a Feh for using the old soulless trick :)

Guest Guest

Here's an alternate interpretation; the Bishop in the Wall is actually a part of the PC's soul, in the same way that the red woman and the boy are part of Akachi's soul. If you interpret it that way, then Bishop need not have died at all, and you avoid the whole question of can you or can't you rescue him from a dream. He could then just show up in Mulsantir after the Sunken City bit, having got some wizard (Aldanon, maybe) to locate the PC by magical means and then teleport him to her location.

Not as much fun as getting to rescue him, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Archived