ToB news

Meira

Well, that very cool and elegant solution looks like it might save some serious time. I'd jump on that.

I went ahead and finished up the grunt-work anyways, as my OCD-research thing kicked in, and if you end up needing a huge block of potential !Name stuff, we can modify this

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30071-bg2bg2eeeet-modder-resource-current-mod-added-npc-2da-entries/

pretty easily.  I'm breaking it down for a list of IsGabber() changes for AranW's PID anyways, so happy to share if needed :)

11 hours ago, K4thos said:

if I understand correctly you're trying to filter script block to work on Player2 and only if the character is not NPC. If this is the case you can use following code since PC characters don't use DVs:

IF
    Name("None",Player2)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        //do something 
END

Oh wow. 😳

Is this something made possible by EE? Because I feel we tried so hard to solve this back in the day.  The massive dv check was the only reliable way, despite relying heavily on us updating it. 

1 hour ago, Meira said:

Is this something made possible by EE? Because I feel we tried so hard to solve this back in the day.  The massive dv check was the only reliable way, despite relying heavily on us updating it. 

I don't have access to no EE games currently, so can't test it, sorry. But I doubt Name and DV work differently in original engine.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:06 PM, Lightbringer said:

Quick question:

I've seen mention a few times around the web that Amber currently can't even enter ToB. I had assumed she would just be silent, but still in the party. Can I get a confirmation either way?  I am using EET, if that makes a difference.

I was able to take her into TOB she was silent