Meira

ToB news

9 minutes ago, K4thos said:

if I understand correctly you're trying to filter script block to work on Player2 and only if the character is not NPC. If this is the case you can use following code since PC characters don't use DVs:

IF
    Name("None",Player2)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        //do something 
END

That’s elegant.

daaaaaayyymn...  very cool.

Well, that very cool and elegant solution looks like it might save some serious time. I'd jump on that.

I went ahead and finished up the grunt-work anyways, as my OCD-research thing kicked in, and if you end up needing a huge block of potential !Name stuff, we can modify this

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30071-bg2bg2eeeet-modder-resource-current-mod-added-npc-2da-entries/

pretty easily.  I'm breaking it down for a list of IsGabber() changes for AranW's PID anyways, so happy to share if needed :)

11 hours ago, K4thos said:

if I understand correctly you're trying to filter script block to work on Player2 and only if the character is not NPC. If this is the case you can use following code since PC characters don't use DVs:

IF
    Name("None",Player2)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        //do something 
END

Oh wow. 😳

Is this something made possible by EE? Because I feel we tried so hard to solve this back in the day.  The massive dv check was the only reliable way, despite relying heavily on us updating it. 

1 hour ago, Meira said:

Is this something made possible by EE? Because I feel we tried so hard to solve this back in the day.  The massive dv check was the only reliable way, despite relying heavily on us updating it. 

I don't have access to no EE games currently, so can't test it, sorry. But I doubt Name and DV work differently in original engine.

I saw the "Name("NONE",Player2)" in the Corthala Romantique in a LT where the PC can declare her love for the romancing NPCs, various mod NPCs or "none" if in slot Player2-6, but appearently I didn't understand what it was referring to.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.