First ideas

khayman

None of the PSM quests are timed (as far as I can tell), including the ones that should be. :groucho:

One good way to reduce overlap would be to have the "joining" take place in Teos' initial dialog with the player. All of the original PS quests and any extra PSM quests would then wait for the player's return to the sphere, while the new Cowled quests took place outside. Some of the original PS quests have a time component, but it's an issue of coming back to your Aprenti too soon rather than too late.

I thought of that but there is a MOD out at the moment called Planar Sphere MOD and in that you sort of join the Cowled Wizards through Teos so I do not wan't to look like we are copying or anything.

I though the MOD could be a seperate stronghold so like others the planar sphere will not be available because lets face it, the Bhaalspawn is being used by the Cowled Wizards.

I thgough of that but there is a MOD out at the moment called Planar Sphere MOD and in that you sort of join the Cowled Wizards through Teos so I do not wan't to look like we are copying or anything.

That's the mod BobTokyo and I had been referring too. PSM = PlanarSphereMod.

I'd discourage placing too much emphasis on compatibility with PSM. My recommendation would be to assimilate (and improve) the better parts of PSM (the Cowled Wizards making more extensive use of the stronghold, and so on) and scrap the worse bits. This would render it incompatible with the original version, obviously, but at little great loss.

Because quite honestly, Melanthium is THE worst thing I've seen in any mod. Ever.

I'd discourage placing too much emphasis on compatibility with PSM. My recommendation would be to assimilate (and improve) the better parts of PSM (the Cowled Wizards making more extensive use of the stronghold, and so on) and scrap the worse bits. This would render it incompatible with the original version, obviously, but at little great loss.

Because quite honestly, Melanthium is THE worst thing I've seen in any mod. Ever.

Oddly enough, as a strong supporter of the PSM, I mostly agree with this. Either that or re-write M's story line.

Smarmy Familiars

(not serious) Fairy dragon punches Firkraag and kills it...

Aerie: WOW...gotta be the Familiar Chow...

familiar: Whew...it sure stinks in here...what you got in here anyway? dead rat?

familiar: hey master/mistress, wanna hear my Lilacor impersonation? Lets find your superiors in the cowled wizards, and blast them with fireballs! Then lets find their superiors and electrocute them with lightning bolts! Then lets find the six and dehydrate them with horrid wiltings! Spell cast your way to fame and glory!!!

if imp: Hello there, shiny and sleek.

Cespenar: Wow! hey, you female?

imp: urm, not sure.

pc: Not sure? how can you be not sure?

imp: well, its kinda hard to tell with abyssial plane creatures. We don't develop until we reach certain maturity. Typically around 1000 years old.

cespy: so how old are you, pretty?

imp: 100

cespy: shite!

Archived