Going to Spellhold

Idobek

I never heard of part of a soul bein' taken - maybe that is why I am so confused. Btw, elves do not even have soul in FR - they have spirit... so... bah....

I actually agree with you - plenty of times I played the game "till going to Spellhold" and then abandoned it :) and still live.

Well, maybe. Russian myth had a magician who put his life (soul) in an egg to become invulnerable, then hid the egg. Breaking the egg would kill him. Plenty of similar things, usually putting the soul into a finger then cutting it off. I've seen stories of souls/life essences caught in mirrors, photographs, paintings (Dorian Grey, kinda), jars . . . the Egyptians had a multipart soul one part of which stayed in the body. Santaria has a myth that an evil magician can trap your sould and control you.

Souls get up to all sorts of wacky highjinx.

Why difficult and annoying to play? Its just some easy dialog change, no? :) And instead of turning into a slayer, CHARNAME can just go berserk. Thats not difficult to do either... or maybe it is... im not a modder :cool:

Why? could you imagine the PC waliking through the city and it suddenly goes beserk and starts killing people!! That is what would make it difficult and annoying. I think anyway

Well, appart from Egyptians it would be the whole soul, or at least I read it that way. Dividing soul is what make it so silly to me. BTW, it's a needle in the egg, and it was not soul, it was indeed life :)

Well, appart from Egyptians it would be the whole soul, or at least I read it that way.

West African religions tend to divide up the soul as well, as do types of medieval Christian mysticism, but that's getting close to the point where I'd have to google. :cool:

BTW, it's a needle in the egg, and it was not soul, it was indeed life  :)

One unquantifiable thing that keeps you in existance or another. :grin:

CHARNAME does have the addition of Bhaal's taint to consider. This is the stuff that Irenicus wants and if he starts siphoning it off, he'll probably suck out your life force/soul when he gets to the end because I don't think he cares about CHARNAME surviving the process. :)

I never got the point of the whole soul thing(in BGII), nothing really seemed to come of losing it, you still lived, you still had power, you still had free will except for one single negligable instance where you turn Slayer for a mere few seconds!

Archived