Anyone familiar with the problem?

Here are my specs:

Windows XP SP2

Intel Core2Duo E6600

2 GB RAM

8800 GTX

All latest drivers installed

Guest Simon

Ok, I did everything it said in the link for Nvidia users, and the black squares are gone when I enable software transperancy rendering, but now the framerate is really slow, and it's hard to target anything with the mouse because it's lagging like crazy now.

Yeah, NVidia couldn't properly implement backwards compatibility, ain't it a bitch.

Anyway, I don't think you did everything that was listed:

There also are reports that, in PST, doing RightClick on desktop -> Properties -> Settings Tab -> Advanced Button -> Troubleshoot -> Lower Hardware Acceleration -> one notch from the max ("Disable Bitmap and Pointer Acceleration") helps with stability and performance.
Guest Guest
Yeah, NVidia couldn't properly implement backwards compatibility, ain't it a bitch.

Anyway, I don't think you did everything that was listed:

There also are reports that, in PST, doing RightClick on desktop -> Properties -> Settings Tab -> Advanced Button -> Troubleshoot -> Lower Hardware Acceleration -> one notch from the max ("Disable Bitmap and Pointer Acceleration") helps with stability and performance.

Yes, I did do that. It's only in the menu screens (like inventory, conversation, etc) that the mouse lag occurs, and it's making the game quite unplayable.

Guest Simon

Just tried that, now the black squares are back. Mouse lag is mostly fixed, but still lagging in the inventory screen.

Sigh... I really wanna play this, but these problems are keeping me from enjoying it :crazyeyes:

Guest Madieron

Hi,

I've got the same kind of problem with PST.

Installation was good but once I try to launch the game resolution is still 640x480 in the left top corner and the rest of the screen is black...

(I got an Nvidia 7800GTX)

Do you've got any idea to solve my problem ? :s

Thank you for tryin' and thank you for the mod !

Archived