Dynaheir Romance Problem

Guest Garina

Guest Garina

I've just had the encounter with Winski, and killed all his mephits, and Dynaheir keeps saying the same line of dialogue over and over again. Is there any way to stop this? Help?

I have zero programming knowledge, so if you need info to help me could you tell me how to get it please? :S

Which version are you using?

Please send your saved game to berelinde_@_gmail.com. Delete the underscores when you type the address. I just stick them in there to fool the spambots.

Guest Garina

As soon as the combat with Winski is over, this dialogue keeps repeating.

Dynaheir: I am unsure whether to be relieved for thine success in driving away the wizard, -charname-, or worried.

Minsc: Fear not, Dynaheir! Minsc and Boo will not let their witch be spirited away!

This repeats every few seconds...

All right, I found it. It shouldn't be looping, because the variable does get set, but it didn't get set in your game, for some reason. You can set it manually by using the console.

Pause the game, open the CLUA console, and please type in the following, exactly as it appears.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#DyWinWon","GLOBAL",2)

Then hit enter twice and unpause the game. You shouldn't have this dialogue repeat again.

For those who follow such things, this is the code:

CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-2 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#DyWinWon","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~%DYNAHEIR_JOINED%~ X#DYWinskiDefeated
@163
== ~%MINSC_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("minsc") InMyArea("minsc") !StateCheck("minsc",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @164
== ~%EDWIN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("edwin") InMyArea("edwin") !StateCheck("edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @165
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @166
== ~%KIVAN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("kivan") InMyArea("kivan") !StateCheck("kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @167
== ~%DYNAHEIR_JOINED%~ @168 DO ~SetGlobal("X#DyWinWon","GLOBAL",2)~ EXIT

I'm going to recommend moving the SG to Dy's first line. That will allow enough time to set the variable before the script calls the dialogue again.

CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-2 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#DyWinWon","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~%DYNAHEIR_JOINED%~ X#DYWinskiDefeated
@163 DO ~SetGlobal("X#DyWinWon","GLOBAL",2)~
== ~%MINSC_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("minsc") InMyArea("minsc") !StateCheck("minsc",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @164
== ~%EDWIN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("edwin") InMyArea("edwin") !StateCheck("edwin",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @165
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @166
== ~%KIVAN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("kivan") InMyArea("kivan") !StateCheck("kivan",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @167
== ~%DYNAHEIR_JOINED%~ @168 EXIT

Archived