Problems with the tp2 and installing

muffin-tacos

All the necessary dialogues are done (intro, joining, kickout, re-joining ...), the cre file is done too. The only thing remaining is the tp2 file, which I also thought was done. Apparently it wasn't.

I have followed theacefes's (brilliant, might I ad) tutorial about coding the tp2, but all I get when I'm trying to install my mod NPC is this:

[C:\Program\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\Setup-Farah.exe.exe] WeiDU version 185

<SETUP-FARAH.EXE.DEBUG> Queried <pid=-1>

and then it just stays like that. Any ideas what's wrong? Do I need to post my entire tp2 file up, or can you spot the problem without it?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

It's called setup-mymod.exe.exe rather than setup-mymod.exe. From your file browser, go Tools -> Folder Options -> Viewing -> disable "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" to avoid similar problems.

Also, Farah? We already have Sarah and Faren :crazyeyes:

Thanks. :crazyeyes: I was suspecting this to be the problem, but I thought I'd ask just in case. Never hurts to ask a question, right? :p

Also, Farah? We already have Sarah and Faren

Really? I knew about Sarah, but not Faren. What a coincidence -- and funny too! Seems like Sarah/Farah/Faren names are very popular. Well, you know what they say: great minds think alike. :blush:

But I *do* like the name Farah. It sounds pretty. :groucho:

Faren.

We had (and still are having) an invasion of characters starting with a K, as well as both Nethaniel and Nathaniel, so perhaps we're doomed to confusion.

(Nevermind that my <CHARNAME> is always called either Biggius if male or Ennelia if female).

Yep. Quote Xan: We're all doomed! :crazyeyes:

It turns out he was right. I am once again doomed (well, for the time being anyway). I fixed the Farah.exe.exe problem and the installation runs smoothly enough until it gets to the cre.

ERROR: Unix.unix_error<20, “statâ€Â, “Farah/FARAH1.creâ€Â

Hmm... My tp2 file looks like this (oh, to hells with it. I'm posting my whole tp2 file up since I bet there's lots of other things that will be causing problems in it too. Why doesn't coding like me?)

Farah's tp2 file:

BACKUP ~Farah/backup~

AUTHOR ~muffin-tacos, (e-mailaddress)~

BEGIN ~Farah for BG2:SoA~ 

COPY ~Farah1/FARAH1.cre~ ~override/FARAH1.cre~

SAY NAME1 ~Farah~
SAY NAME2 ~Farah~

SAY BIO ~<bio comes here>~

SAY MORALE ~~
SAY HAPPY ~~
SAY UNHAPPY_ANNOYED ~~
SAY UNHAPPY_SERIOUS ~~
SAY UNHAPPY_BREAKING_POINT ~~
SAY LEADER ~~
SAY TIRED ~~
SAY BORED ~~
SAY BATTLE_CRY1 ~~
SAY BATTLE_CRY2 ~~
SAY BATTLE_CRY3 ~~
SAY BATTLE_CRY4 ~~
SAY DAMAGE ~~
SAY DYING ~~
SAY HURT ~~
SAY AREA_FOREST ~.~
SAY AREA_CITY ~~
SAY AREA_DUNGEON ~~
SAY AREA_DAY ~~
SAY AREA_NIGHT ~~
SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~~
SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~~
SAY SELECT_COMMON3 ~~
SAY SELECT_COMMON4 ~~
SAY SELECT_COMMON5 ~~
SAY SELECT_COMMON6 ~~
SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~~
SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~~ 
SAY SELECT_ACTION3 ~~
SAY SELECT_ACTION4 ~~
SAY SELECT_ACTION5 ~~
SAY SELECT_ACTION6 ~~
SAY SELECT_ACTION7 ~~
SAY SELECT_RARE1 ~~
SAY SELECT_RARE2 ~~
SAY CRITICAL_HIT ~~
SAY CRITICAL_MISS ~~
SAY TARGET_IMMUNE ~~
SAY PICKED_POCKET ~.~
SAY HIDDEN_IN_SHADOWS ~~
SAY SET_A_TRAP ~~
SAY INVENTORY_FULL ~~

COMPILE ~Farah/#Ffarah.d~

EXTEND_TOP ~AR0709.bcs~ ~Farah/AR0709.baf~

APPEND ~STATE.IDS~
~0x80101FEF CD_STATE_NOTVALID~
UNLESS ~CD_STATE_NOTVALID~

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~
~#Ffarah #FfaraP #FfaraJ #FfaraD #Far25P #Ffar25J #Ffar25D #Ffara25~
UNLESS ~#Ffara~

APPEND ~interdia.2da~
~#Ffara #FfaraB K#JohB25~
UNLESS ~#Ffarah~

Obviously something is written in between the ~~ in the SAY commands.

What am I doing wrong? Farah's cre file is called FARAH1 by the way.

No, because I'm stupid. :crazyeyes:

Which folder should be called Farah1? The entire "FarahSoA" folder (that is what it is called) or just the folder the cre is in?

I changed my tp2 to looking like this:

"BACKUP ~FarahSoA/backup~

[...]

COPY ~FarahSoA/FARAH1.cre~ ~override/FARAH1.cre~"

It still doesn't work. Meaning, I still get the same error message. :groucho:

Oh! I think I get it now. Thanks so much, you two! You've really helped me suss the tp2 coding out. :crazyeyes:

I have another small problem that I need help understanding. I am now getting the following message:

“[FarahSoA/Dialogs/#Ffarah.d]LEXER ERROR at line 5 in collum 6-6

Near Text: #

Parsing.Parse_errorâ€Â

I understand that there's some kind of error in the dialogue file, but what does WeiDU mean by in collom 6-6 near text '#', do you think? I spotted a couple of places where I forgot a ~ but that wasn't the problem.

Well, when reporting an error, WeiDU starts with the most important, nearest the top. Basically, it is reporting an error to do with the # which is somewhere in your TP2, and probably shouldn't be.

You are using notepad for it? Enable the taskbar-thingy which tells you which row/column the text cursor is currently in.

Other than that, press CTRL-[F] and type in "#", then hit Find Next.

Did you copy/paste the TP2 into here and edit anything you don't want us to see, or rewrite what it should say in the forums?

Icen

I edited out the SAY commands, but that was all. I don't think it's the TP2 that's the problem anymore though since it says "[FarahSoA/Dialogs/#Ffarah.d]"

I have already searched for the # in the dialogue, but the only # in the documant is "BEGIN #FFARAH" which can't be wrong since that is what the dialogue is called...

Archived